PDA

View Full Version : Body Mauling

Puddleglum
11-27-2001, 09:01 AM
I'm wondering. I've seen Mag bodies that have "gills" cut into the front half near the barrel. But I got to thinking, the body doesn't have to be airtight at all. Couldn't someone with a lathe or a good saw or something make some nice looking cuts in the body and not have any problems. Why has no one tried this?

Thordic
11-27-2001, 09:55 AM
Mag barrel backs would look ugly if you saw them from the outside of the gun :)

Seriously, though, you don't want to get paint up in there, and it will probably cause some sort of leakage or tolerance problem.

While I can't say for sure, I would be willing to bet there is a good reason why no one has done it before.

Puddleglum
11-27-2001, 10:03 AM
I just think it would be a simple way to improve the looks of individuality of a gun.

Thordic
11-27-2001, 10:06 AM
If you want a gun that leaks, buy a cocker and "mill" the front block hoses :)

rudy
11-27-2001, 12:17 PM
give the guy a break.
Puddleglum yes you can do it actually there are many open places you can cut windows into on a mag body. I have done it. my mag was a grey minimag body now it has wicked looking eyes cut into it near the barrel lock in and the front has been cut into six kris blades that are angled down. there is some engraving on it and a couple windows on the back side where the valve is put in the gun. then it was polished and it looks great turn lots of heads on the feild. I have more i want to do to it but i need to finish my site rail first and i have been busy preparing for my trip to thailand in a few weeks.

Puddleglum
11-27-2001, 05:57 PM
Sounds awsome. I'm not thinking of doing this, (just got a powdercoat by Red) But I may get another cheap body to experiment with. Can we see some pics??

PyRo
11-27-2001, 06:01 PM
The mag bodies with gills you are refering to may be minimags? I think army cut off some stuff on the very front of his minimag where it wouldn't effect anything. Or it could just be the pic i saw was messed.

rudy
11-27-2001, 08:20 PM
i dont have any pics right now im am going to try to find someone who will let me use a digital camera. I had one at the tippmann trail guid a long time ago but i dont even remember if it had the eyes cut in at that time. i think it just had the front cut. plus it was just painted black then. ill try to get something.