PDA

View Full Version : Air America parts???service???

GordDesigns
05-30-2005, 12:26 AM
OK does anyone know what is the actual situation with this company??
I have 3 of these regulators and need parts, who do I contact?
:cry:
Any info would be great.
Anyone with rebuild kits or parts please contact me. ( Raptor and Apocolypes type )
Does any other regulator use the same type of burst disc?

:cheers:

SpecialBlend2786
05-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Well, Air America offers a pretty much bulletproof lifetime warrenty.

Just call them up directly since their site is being updated.

or heres a site that sells parts:

http://www.bradyspaintball.com/airampa.html

GordDesigns
05-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks. :dance:

If anyone else has something to add please do so.

Duke Henry
05-30-2005, 02:28 PM
AA used to have great service, but as of late I have been thoroughly disappointed with the quality of their work, and have since stopped using AA tanks altogether.

If you want parts, you can order through AA's online store, or call them and order parts.

Hope that helps.

Eric Of Extreme Measures
05-30-2005, 02:31 PM
I get them from my local paintball store, but AA is pretty good at gettign them out to me in a Jam too. 888Paintball too has them.

Eric

Get extra pins and parts, they are cheap and you will always have them, shipping is the same for them...

WARPED1
05-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Theres an old fashioned device that you can use to get in dirct contact with a company, IT'S CALLED THE TELEPHONE!

Spacemanvic
05-30-2005, 09:39 PM
411:

I tried calling them, emailing them and AA Europe, no response from anyone. Have read on PBN board that someone who lives nearby drove by the address for AA and found a "for-lease" sign on the building. tried contacting the field associated with AA, no answer at that number either.

And oh yeah, the Brady Paintaball site actually DOESNT have the parts listed. I called them and they were out of stock.

Good luck finding parts. I bought a new piston housing from AGD (u can use the piston pack for the Mag classic) and used the regulator seat from the Automag parts kit.

DONT BOTHER CALLING THEM

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1019637

GordDesigns
06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
411:

I tried calling them, emailing them and AA Europe, no response from anyone. Have read on PBN board that someone who lives nearby drove by the address for AA and found a "for-lease" sign on the building. tried contacting the field associated with AA, no answer at that number either.

And oh yeah, the Brady Paintaball site actually DOESNT have the parts listed. I called them and they were out of stock.

Good luck finding parts. I bought a new piston housing from AGD (u can use the piston pack for the Mag classic) and used the regulator seat from the Automag parts kit.

DONT BOTHER CALLING THEM

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1019637
Yes you are correct, nobody there to answer the phone. :mad: Or the email. :cuss:
If anyone knows of a shop that has any burst disc's hp side and lp side please let me know. Thats all I need to get one regulator up and running.
( 4500 psi tank )
Thanks

dukduk
06-18-2005, 09:05 AM
thats pretty gay because i wanted to do what this guy did:
http://www.thempn.com/reviews/aaapoc/aaapoc.html

Spacemanvic
06-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah, www.888paintball.com Just ordered/received some for my 113/3000 raptor, beleive they have 4500 too.

Yes you are correct, nobody there to answer the phone. :mad: Or the email. :cuss:
If anyone knows of a shop that has any burst disc's hp side and lp side please let me know. Thats all I need to get one regulator up and running.
( 4500 psi tank )
Thanks

booyah
06-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Just an update on this.

I called Air America before reading this, and the line has been disconnected.

I did a whois check, the number listed, is the one i called, I also called the fax, which has been disconnected. At this time, their site is set to expire in august of this year. I guess we will find out if they really are gone for good around that time.

There are rumors that guerrilla air is air america reopened under a different name.

I called guerrilla air, and asked, they deny it, they also deny any knowledge of what is up with or has happened to air america.

Personally this totally bums me out. Not just because I have a raptor rex tank that I know and love, that happens to need some maintence. But also because one of the (up till now) most reputable and well respected names in paintball appears to be gone and appears to have totally screwed over their previous customers.

How many folks have been told, "Just buy Air America, then your set, its got a lifetime warrenty" only now to have the company apparently vanish without a trace or sound.

This sucks!

magman007
06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
i truely believe that gurilla air is the remanufactured version of AA. saying they are doing everything, and in the same style as AA. most people know AA is famous for doing the IAO lanyards every year, well guess who is doin em this year?. yup Gurilla air

Muzikman
06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Companies disapear every day. I am sure they did not want to close their doors and leave their customers out to dry, but what choice do they have? AA was a small company and paintball is now big business. The small companies can only keep their head above water before they finally go under and the bubbles stop.

I hate to see Air America go. I have been shooting their tanks for years (since 96 or 97 I think it's been). They were a great group of guys and they understood that safety was an issue in this sport. They also made some great products.

WARPED1
06-22-2005, 03:03 PM
I wonder how long it'll be before the AO zombies blame Smart Parts for this.....................

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Chance_K_J/SPA/minibanner2.gif

Muzikman
06-22-2005, 03:05 PM
No, we only Blame SP for the things they did. We could blame other companies I am sure.

Smart Parts is not the only bad company out there, they were just the first. K2/WGP is right up there on my list now.

magman007
06-22-2005, 03:29 PM
jason, i truelly think we will see shane at IAO, with gurilla air

Muzikman
06-22-2005, 03:32 PM
I do hope so. I am curious about the reason behind the regrouping if they are infact the same.

SlartyBartFast
06-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Companies disapear every day. I am sure they did not want to close their doors and leave their customers out to dry, but what choice do they have? AA was a small company and paintball is now big business. The small companies can only keep their head above water before they finally go under and the bubbles stop.

So where did the "new" company come from then? If the new company is infact rebranded AA, then they really are a nasty piece of work.

The only reasons to close up unannounced are ALL bad. Reopening under a new name is worse. It can only mean they are skipping out on debt, expenses, or something else shady.

Check with the bankrupcy court to see if AA filed. It could be that AA sold out to a new group.

The rights of customers may be protected and the warranty's may be enforceable if bankrupcy wasn't declared, the new comapny is the same management, or the various laws transfer obligations with any sale of the company.

Thordic
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
The Guerilla Air site looks a hell of a lot like the old AA site too...

SpecialBlend2786
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
someone on PBN mentioned that the domain names for both of the websites were regetered by the smae person.

Muzikman
06-22-2005, 03:58 PM
So where did the "new" company come from then? If the new company is infact rebranded AA, then they really are a nasty piece of work.

The only reasons to close up unannounced are ALL bad. Reopening under a new name is worse. It can only mean they are skipping out on debt, expenses, or something else shady.

Check with the bankrupcy court to see if AA filed. It could be that AA sold out to a new group.

The rights of customers may be protected and the warranty's may be enforceable if bankrupcy wasn't declared, the new comapny is the same management, or the various laws transfer obligations with any sale of the company.

First off, we do not know for sure that they are the same company, so before we start to assume lets just wait and see.

but, it could have been as simple as Dan the owner of AA wanted to call it quits and the remainging AA staff started a new company. In that case the new company has no obligations to the old.

Also, if you look at the Gurilla systems, they have things that make me think they could be AA, but they totally new systems.

I find it odd that they would deny that they are not AA if they really are. I mean it would come out eventually any way.

EDIT: Also, a company does not have to file for bankrupcy to close their doors. The company I use to work for did exacly that. They liquidated their assets and closed their doors leaving their clients high and dry, but they never filed for bankrupcy and there was nothing illegal about it as long as they fulfilled their contracts.

SlartyBartFast
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
EDIT: Also, a company does not have to file for bankrupcy to close their doors. The company I use to work for did exacly that. They liquidated their assets and closed their doors leaving their clients high and dry, but they never filed for bankrupcy and there was nothing illegal about it as long as they fulfilled their contracts.

Fully agree. But you can't shut shop and then simply reopen. Depending on jurisdictions, new management incurs the liabilities and responsibilities of the old company.

If in this case, the staff is the same and the old owner is completely retired, has no connections, and receives no payment. Then customers may be high and dry. If any cash changed hands, it's another story.

WARPED1
06-22-2005, 04:22 PM
The Guerilla Air site looks a hell of a lot like the old AA site too...
Maybe GA just bought what was left of AA. At the Orlando Open, the GA guys were selling tank regs and they looked nothing like AA regs.

Gunga
06-22-2005, 06:47 PM
At the Orlando Open, the GA guys were selling tank regs and they looked nothing like AA regs.

That's cause they're not AA regs.

TheTramp
06-22-2005, 11:38 PM
So tell us. Is AA still a viable company?

LONEWOLFOO1
06-23-2005, 07:45 AM
IF that the case i am not going to cry i had my tank for a long time so any suggestions on tanks that can go with my tac one?

what really sucked is that aa was adjustable i didn't need to own 2 tanks one low one high or are there tanks out ther now that is adjustable i own a bushmaster 2000 and a tac one.

Big'n slo
06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
From the Tinker's Guild:

Air America as we knew it has ceased to exist. There is no way of getting parts as far as i know of, and there is no way of getting anything warrantied. I dont know much about www.guerrillaair.com ,but i heard that some AA employees MAY be working there, but i dont know positivley. What is the problem with the reg/system? I may be able to help....

Shane-O

booyah
06-23-2005, 08:09 AM
I had emailed shane last night and got almost the exact same answer...

its sad, poor AA, i miss you already!

-Booyah

TheTramp
06-23-2005, 08:22 AM
The good news is that you can use Classic AIR valve reg seats in Air America regs.

LONEWOLFOO1
06-23-2005, 09:03 AM
NO ideas for replacements there are so many choices out their now. which is a good thing!!

Spacemanvic
06-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Yes and no.

Classic AIR valve reg seats WILL work with the AA reg.

The AGD Piston housing will work in place of the AA piston but you cant get the pressure above 800PSI or else the reg starts bleeding air out of the spring pack. I have since replaced the oring on the original piston seat, will see if I can use the old piston instead of the AGD one.

tribalman
06-23-2005, 11:31 PM
i asked a guy at the guerilla air tent at the chicago open and he said take any air america tank to one of their dealers and they should be able to fix your problem. which also brings up the fact that guerilla air is not! AA or an evolution of AA. some guys from AA changed companies. i was looking at some of their regs, got some nice saftey features. like you can work on the top half of the reg, change spring, some other stuff, with the tank aired up!. plus they went the extra step with the part of the reg that screws into the tank. they've added i think half an inch of threads so it takes more unscrewing to remove the reg. also, along BOTH sides of the threads are ventings so IF you some how manage to start to remove the reg, at a certain point it will just start venting out air. with the 2 vents it won't spin, won't shoot around (or so they said on the second part). he says the recharge is good, but i have yet to try one out. i don't think they have an adjustable just yet.

Beemer
06-24-2005, 12:18 AM
plus they went the extra step with the part of the reg that screws into the tank. they've added i think half an inch of threads so it takes more unscrewing to remove the reg.

Should be some kind of standard on this anyway, you would think.

also, along BOTH sides of the threads are ventings so IF you some how manage to start to remove the reg, at a certain point it will just start venting out air. with the 2 vents it won't spin, won't shoot around

This could be called revolutionary from a safety view. No chance for air bearing effect if the reg starts to unscrew.

Think this design could have a Pat.Pend on it? Who do you think that could be?

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

Shane-O-Mac
06-24-2005, 01:26 AM
If you can not find any AA reg seats, use a mag seat AND a mag reg pin. if you do not use the reg pin with the seat, it will not work properly. O-rings shouldnt be a problem with a little digging
around you should be able to find urethane o-rings that will work, do not use black buna-n o-rings they wont work well at all............................................... .........

Shane-O (who will not be at IAO....... :cry: )

inerwolf
06-24-2005, 06:25 AM
rumor has it national bought them up and yes several of the aa peeps are at ga now!!

Muzikman
06-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Let's see, no AA booth (or company for the matter) and no AGD booth... I guess it's the end of the prank wars:(

shartley
06-24-2005, 07:34 AM
From what I understand, as some pointed out above, is that AA didn’t close shop and re-open with a new name. This same conversation (about what is going on with AA) is being had at the MCB forums as well. It seems that (again as some posted above) that some of the employees of AA started a new company or moved over to the new company. This should fill the gap left by AA and paintball players “should” be happy about it.

Yes, businesses close each and every day. Sometimes because they are forced to by outside forces (to include competing companies) but most of the time for other reasons such as low profit margins, too high of operating costs, loss of interest, change of direction, and a slew of other things… including divorce if both people have an interest in the business and can’t work out an agreement both agree on. This may have also been part of the AA story.

I wish everyone involved the best and hope that the new company can indeed fill the need that seems to be there with the closing of AA’s doors.

Thordic
06-24-2005, 07:59 AM
Let's see, no AA booth (or company for the matter) and no AGD booth... I guess it's the end of the prank wars:(

Yeah that makes me sad :( We need to mail Little Shane back to Shane now.

TheTramp
06-24-2005, 10:38 AM
If you can not find any AA reg seats, use a mag seat AND a mag reg pin. if you do not use the reg pin with the seat, it will not work properly. O-rings shouldnt be a problem with a little digging
around you should be able to find urethane o-rings that will work, do not use black buna-n o-rings they wont work well at all............................................... .........

Shane-O (who will not be at IAO....... :cry: )

I've used AIR valve seats in Vigalanties with no problem. Is there a difference when dealing with the tank regs?

Spacemanvic
06-24-2005, 11:17 AM
I've used AIR valve seats in Vigalanties with no problem. Is there a difference when dealing with the tank regs?

The only thing I see is that the AGD piston housing doesnt hold pressure above 800 PSI. I used an AGD reg seat and the original AA Piston anf spring.

Shane-O-Mac
06-24-2005, 03:53 PM
If you use regular mag seats, in any AA product, without changing the reg pin to a mag type, you will get varying pressure outputs as you shoot. the AA pin has a taper, which when used with a softer seat, willl lift off the seat at differnet angles and rates, which will make the pressure flucuate. just use the flat mag pin with the softe seat.

FYI, the mag seats will work in, Apoc's, Raptors, Uni regs, Violators, Black Ices, Vigilante's, and Messiahs.

If the tank side of a 'geddon is leaking you can first try and flip the seat, and that is the only AA product you can reuse or flip a seat on.........

Shane-O

TheTramp
06-24-2005, 03:54 PM
OK, thanks for the info.

LONEWOLFOO1
06-30-2005, 08:13 AM
ANY ideas for a replacement tank i am looking to replace my aa

TheTramp
06-30-2005, 08:31 AM
The whole air system or just the tank? What type of marker are you putting it on?

For the whole system I suggest the MacDev 2004 Conquest HPA Reg. Maxflows are nice as well.

The MacDev can be found for a good price here:
http://www.airsoldier.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=MACDEV-2004CONQUEST&Category_Code=REGULATORS

Any new bottle will work.

Dayspring
06-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Shane-

I will say that you and the rest of the AA crew will be missed! It was alot of fun at the past 2 IAOs with you all.

If you're ever in the NY/NJ area, let me know. Beers are on me!

-Nick

Shane-O-Mac
06-30-2005, 11:12 PM
If i make it to the right coast, it will prolly be the end of days...........lol
It was soem of the best times i have had at a tourney, goofing off wit you guys.
I will miss those times.....sigh.
BUT i just picture you skipping like a girl and it all is fresh again!!!!!.......lol
And if you ever are in the St.Louis area, look me up. I know a brewmaster of a microbrewery that makes wicked good beer!!!!!
feel free to email me anytime.

Shane-O

shaneo69@charter.net

JJBrookshire
07-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Check out http://www.airamericapaintball.net for information regarding Air America product support. There will be more posted on that site very soon.

Dayspring
07-03-2005, 10:25 AM
There's nothing on the site JJ. It is a dead domain right now.

cledford
07-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Screw them - they should be ashamed. Lifetime my bum...

-Calvin

Shane-O-Mac
07-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Just an FYI,
Mag seats and pins will not work in the air systems, just in the Secondary regs. I was wrong about that, the mag seat is so soft, that high pressure air will deform it, which will cause havok in your system. Stay tuned i think someone is working on getting some parts kits togther.

www.airamericapaintball.com is up. It doesnt help much for old AA systems, but there is an address of a shop that will do work on them for a price. Notice where the addy is? Thats right, Sewell NJ. and we all know whos main bussiness is there!

Shane-O

BlackVCG
07-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Screw them - they should be ashamed. Lifetime my bum...

-Calvin

Yeah well AGD use to have the unwritten lifetime warranty and has since gone to a "normal" 90 day manufacturer's warranty.

This shouldn't be of any surprise to anyone...

TheTramp
07-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Just an FYI,
Mag seats and pins will not work in the air systems, just in the Secondary regs. I was wrong about that, the mag seat is so soft, that high pressure air will deform it, which will cause havok in your system.

What about the hard 4500 Flatline reg seat?

Shane-O-Mac
07-10-2005, 07:04 PM
What about the hard 4500 Flatline reg seat?

I think so, but those seats are just about as hard to get aren't they?

Shane-O

booyah
07-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Yeah well AGD use to have the unwritten lifetime warranty and has since gone to a "normal" 90 day manufacturer's warranty.

This shouldn't be of any surprise to anyone...

yeah, but AA's wasnt unwritten. my raptor has boldly stamped on it "LIFETIME WARRANTY"

nothing implied or unwritten about that.

LONEWOLFOO1
07-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Check out http://www.airamericapaintball.net for information regarding Air America product support. There will be more posted on that site very soon.

i was on there site i was just wondering i have a adjusatble non screw i wonder if they would take it?

TheTramp well if i can take off the regulator then i would just replace that i have a aa adjustable non screw in. if i could get a screw in then i would just get that i only used my tank 5 times in 5 years i and by the way i now own a tac one.

TheTramp
07-11-2005, 08:05 AM

Shane-O

I've always found them easy to get.....just ask Tuna for some! :D

Dayspring
07-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Not any more. AGD has a bunch. Just got a few myself.

Shane-O

TheTramp
07-11-2005, 08:07 AM
iTheTramp well if i can take off the regulator then i would just replace that i have a aa adjustable non screw in. if i could get a screw in then i would just get that i only used my tank 5 times in 5 years i and by the way i now own a tac one.

At this point pretty much all tank and tank regulators use a standard thread. I've never found a tank that wouldn't take any of my screw ins or adjustables. You could certinly use a screw in reg on your tank instead of the adjustable that's on there now.

LONEWOLFOO1
07-11-2005, 08:20 AM
yeah the screw is is much easier to have i should post a pic of my gun with the non screw in it look like hell. i was just reading on the aa site if i get this right. i send in my tank plus 65 and i will get a screw in reg this is cool. but as always after i got my tank hydro and bought air lines. i just spent 65 dollars!!!! but its still cheaper to send in 65 and get a scew in reg so i still spend less for a new 4500 psi tank.

TheTramp
07-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Well, which adjustable reg have you got on there now? Theres a good chance you could sell that and buy a nice screw in and still have some money left over.

Muzikman
07-11-2005, 09:33 AM
yeah, but AA's wasnt unwritten. my raptor has boldly stamped on it "LIFETIME WARRANTY"

nothing implied or unwritten about that.

Lifetime warranty only implies the lifetime of the company. I figure this is always understood.

TheTramp
07-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Lifetime warranty only implies the lifetime of the company. I figure this is always understood.

Of course it is but look at who you're dealing with. I haven't seen a group of people (paintballers) so crazy about getting something for nothing since the last time a group of deadhead came through begging for free cups of water and packets of ketsup at the McDonalds. It can get pretty sad and pathetic down at the proshop let alone on-line where it's only a screen name.

booyah
07-11-2005, 03:30 PM
You do realize that its not like we are talking about some fly by night operation here. All of us who have Air America equipment, paid good money for it. We werent bargin hunting, we werent looking for a deal. We wanted good quality equipment backed by a quality manufacturer, who happened to be a big name in the industry.

I think the thing that I am most irked at is how they just went quietly into the night, no one knew what was happening, no press release, no nothing until its all done and gone.

I guess what you take for crying and begging is folks like me trying to understand what happened, and now what do we do.

Imagine tomorrow smartparts closes its doors, thats it, gone, they dont answer phones, return emails, anything. Suddenly you have folks who paid good money for their equipment without any where to turn for replacement parts, service, and advice.

My comment about lifetime warrenty, was in reference to BlackVCG's comment, please dont take it out of context.

Personally I am persuing another air system to resolve my needs, I dont want to go in on the NPS deal since I have yet to hear of the performance or reliablity of those regulators.

TheTramp
07-11-2005, 03:40 PM
I think the thing that I am most irked at is how they just went quietly into the night, no one knew what was happening, no press release, no nothing until its all done and gone.

Fair enough and I totaly agree with you here. How much trouble would it be to write a short letter of explanation? Not too much I'd say. Even if there were issues you couldn't talk about you could still say something.

Muzikman
07-11-2005, 03:42 PM
I to use AA products. I always have. My first HPA system back around 97 was an AA Apoc (and guess what, I still have it). I have a 2001 Apoc as well. I also have a few Uni Regs too. I am not crying that a company left me high and dry in the event that one of my systems should fail. I am more sad that a company that has been around for such a long time and made great products found that they could not make it in the industry. I am not selfish, I do not look at what I own and go "Oh no, I can't get my stuff fixed for free any more". I think to myself "They must have their reasons for closing and I hope everyone involved with the company the best in what ever they are moving on to".

I have never had a bad thing to say about AA. They have never given me a reason. I have delt with them for close to 8 years and not once was I ever disapointed in their products or service.

BTW, the day that Smart Parts closes their doors and never shows their face again can not come quick enough.

Oh, and if you want to get rid of the crappy AA products you have...you know the ones you HAVE to replace, just let me know.

LONEWOLFOO1
07-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, which adjustable reg have you got on there now? Theres a good chance you could sell that and buy a nice screw in and still have some money left over.

I have a air america raptor rex reg on a 4500psi tank adjustable i was thinking about selling it but i don't want to be liable for any damage it may cause for improper use. i may just give my 65 dollars and see what happens i wanted a screw in anyway.

TheTramp
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't worry about it as you are neither the manufacturer or a retailer but with that reg you're probably better off just doing the trade in thing.

JJBrookshire
07-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Just to help with everyone's concerns:
The Air America ScrewN systems are made in America of the highest grade materials and are 100% guaranteed (by National Paintball). These regs include patent pending features such as a special fill nipple design to prevent leaks often found with other fill nipples and an overmolded seal on the depressor pin that prevent seal extrusion which is common with other screw in systems. Overall, I've been very impressed with the performance of the regs I've used over the past several months.

LONEWOLFOO1
07-13-2005, 06:57 AM
I will trade my in so i will give impressions once i get it back.