PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a free turtle job?

ICP
05-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Ok,so that sounds kind of wierd. I'm looking for someone who wants to turtle thier old cocker for free. That's right FREE. I'm a very qualified machinist and have been wanting to turtle a cocker for a while now. But I don't have the money to buy a cocker, just to turtle it and sell it again. So if your REALLY interested and have a cocker, lmk and I can show you some of my work for a reference. I am absolutely positive nothing will be f'ed up, but I will replace anything that is damaged beyond repair, if something happens. The only thing I ask is that the gun be completely operational before you send it to me. Then I will do the work, take a vid and pics, then pay for shipping back to you. I don't want to set a time limit, because I have a full time job and a 3 year old, not to mention my own products I'm working on. But I will positively have it back in your hands within 4 weeks from the date I recieve it. I'm sure it won't take that long, but just makin sure to cover myself if something unexpected should come up. LMK if anyone is interested, I have some feedback here and a lot on ebay if you need to see it, as well as some pics of my work, both in paintball and other things.

Major Ho
05-30-2005, 12:44 AM
*Raises hand*
I am interested. Even if its not free, Id still be interested. Doc is hard to get a hold of and my past experience with bob long, turtlecockers.com, is verrry slow with his work.
Ill shoot you a PM when its not nearly 2 in the morning later on today
-Ho

68magOwner
05-30-2005, 12:46 AM
hey, i was just picking up an old cocker to mess with, might as well take you up on this, make my hours of trolling at near 2am meaningfull. I got first dibs

edit.....NOOOOOOO, apparently i typed amilessly for 2 minutes and got the 2nd reply, yeah, im gonna go end myself now, ill talk to ya later, should have know nothing good would happen to me ever :rolleyes: :p :( :cry:..... :(

ICP
05-30-2005, 01:06 AM
*Raises hand*
I am interested. Even if its not free, Id still be interested. Doc is hard to get a hold of and my past experience with bob long, turtlecockers.com, is verrry slow with his work.
Ill shoot you a PM when its not nearly 2 in the morning later on today
-Ho

Sounds good, give me a hollar and we'll work everything out.

68: we'll see what happens, maybe we can make something work.

Jotsy
05-30-2005, 02:19 AM
is this gonna include re-annodizing too?

68magOwner
05-30-2005, 03:14 AM
is this gonna include re-annodizing too?

probably not, but, who cares, its a free tourtle job, congrats to Major Ho, im done killing myself for now :cheers: :clap:

5am, time 4 sleep, just letting you guys know....im not really shure what im doing

ICP
05-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Annodizing is not included. I will make a new delrin bolt and delrin back block though :D

I just don't have the means to get anything annodized right now. And just so everything is clear, major ho has first shot at the free job, then 68 etc. etc. But there is only one free job, after that I can figure a price that I'm sure most people will be MORE than happy with.

minimag03
05-30-2005, 02:32 PM
I have a 2k3 cocker you could use if the other two back out,

frontrunner
05-30-2005, 02:40 PM
i have an old early 90s that i have little money in to the body if your looking for a second body let me know let me know its big and boxy and i can give you something for your work

FreakBaller12
05-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Me me me, I have a 2k2 cocker that is nice and ghetto for you.
edit: I just PMed you, could you PM me back a price or something?

drg
05-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Annodizing is not included. I will make a new delrin bolt and delrin back block though :D

I just don't have the means to get anything annodized right now. And just so everything is clear, major ho has first shot at the free job, then 68 etc. etc. But there is only one free job, after that I can figure a price that I'm sure most people will be MORE than happy with.

if you truly pull this off, i would be surprised if you were't rejecting jobs within a few weeks, if not sooner.

MiniSpdRcr
05-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Hm...I might be interested.

ICP
05-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I am now just awaiting the shipment of major ho's marker. I will keep this thread updated as I complete the work. When a price is set I will post it here. Also keep your eyes open for this and other products and services in the dealer section within the next few weeks. Things are rolling pretty good now.

It would be great to have enough work to "have" to reject orders, but I will do everything in my power not to, if it comes to that.

drg
05-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, there is a lot of pent-up demand for halfblock conversions out there, as official channels are spotty and often can't keep up with the workload. There's only one outlet I know of that turns out conversions anywhere near reliably.

A lot of people have talked about entering the halfblock marketplace, but few -- in fact none that I've seen -- actually have, in fact most people who say that can't actually do the conversions (or can't do them right). If you can provide the service at a competitive price or better, you'll get a LOT of work once word gets out.

I'll be very interested to see how this all turns out, especially the finished product!

Can I ask what kind of design you are looking at?

Stealthgerbil
05-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I dont own a cocker ATM, but I plan on getting one to go along with my mag. What is turtling, and how does it help out a cocker?

yingyang
05-31-2005, 02:53 PM
whats turtling?

MicroMiniMe
05-31-2005, 03:13 PM
whats turtling?
Haven't owner a cocker, but
IIRC
Reduces the reciprocating mass to a minimum. Smaller backblock, lighter materials, smaller overall size. All new internals for the most part because of the new dimentions and mass moving needs rebalancing.

ICP
05-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Basically, chop the back of the top tube and a little of the bottom of a cocker off, shorten the bolt and rod, new lighter back block. no more cocking rod. Makes for a lighter and in theory faster cycling at lower pressure, marker. Plus they look neat. Do a search for turtle cocker, halfback,fastback. All the same idea, just different ways and styles.

drg
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
For those new to halfblocks/turtles, or if you want info, check the link in my homepage. I have collected just about all I know about them there. I hope this doesn't qualify as a thread hijack, I am always wary about referencing my own site. But since there seem to be a lot of questions about halfblock basics, maybe people can get better grounded there.

ICP
05-31-2005, 05:47 PM
no problems with me. I'm gonna check it out too. You can always learn something. Thanx for the link

edit: oops never mind, been reading there anyway..lol

nicad
05-31-2005, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=ICP] I am absolutely positive nothing will be f'ed up... [QUOTE]

wow.. you are a brave man! :) :)
I dont know if I could/would make that statement.

ok useless post over now. :p

out!

edit-- hmm now why didnt the quote thingie work right??

ICP
05-31-2005, 06:00 PM
eh, maybe I'm to confident in my work, I don't know. Of course If I replace something it will no longer be f'ed up :D

edit, your missing the forward slash in the last quote tag ;)

drg
05-31-2005, 06:04 PM
edit: oops never mind, been reading there anyway..lol

glad you find it useful ;)