PDA

View Full Version : booya hyper frame ???

Arman/XPM
11-27-2001, 09:09 AM
should i get a booya hyper
frame

i heard there good and bad

what is your opinion

Thordic
11-27-2001, 09:53 AM
Booyah is out of business, Mako makes thier frames now. Hyperframes are made by centerflag, they are a seperate product.

Do a search, you should find piles of info.

Slapp
11-27-2001, 01:45 PM
Never mind the hyperframe. If you have a regular mag valve and are considering a hyperframe, I believe your money is better spent on getting a retro valve. If you have a retro valve already, why the heck would you want to give up the sweet trigger feel on a retro mag unless you are going to upgrade all the way to an emag? It is just my opinion but I'd say your upgrade path should go like this:

1) upgrade to retro valve first if you don't have one.
2) upgrade to intelliframe and double trigger if you currently have a single trigger and want a double.
3) If you have a retro with a double trigger frame already and want to go electro, sell your retro mag for somewhere around $400 and then just get an emag.

Hyperframes will void your warranty so keep this in mind as you consider your upgrade path.

markhauguel
11-27-2001, 03:29 PM
Hey,
I have a Booh-Yah frame and I think it's great. It had a couple of setup changes like a pt spacer change because my gun had one that was too long and it leaked barrel side. But now it has been a few months and it has worked flawlessly. I like being to set the max bps rate so I don't out shoot the hopper. I am not into all the different modes I leave it in semi-auto when I play. The really short trigger took some getting use to because I had a benchmark single trigger prior to this one and it had about a half inch travel. You have to remember to turn it off when you leave the field unless you want a lot of paint stacked up under your barrel plug. It is actually lighter than the benchmark grip. The screw spacing on the bottom of the grip is not perfect so the screws bound a little when I put my drop on. I often run with my gun in one hand and it is a lot to hold up with 2 fingers. My battery lasts about a case of paint so I charge it the night before I go out. I did make a wall charger for it as it for some reason only came with a car charger and I didn't want to drive for around 14 hours the first time I used it. Do completely charge it before you play or install it (it is so tempting) as some of the setup problems were due to a weak battery. I like it though and it got me an electro with a mag valve for around 170. I figure I needed a new grip anyway so there was 90-100.

Here's what it looks like on my picnic table:

http://www.acer-access.com/~markhauguel/paintball/WebMag.JPG

It is up to you but I like it. it does have burst mode up to 5 shot, a turbo mode, semi-auto, safe???, and full auto.

also a shot counter and countdown timer. The light is weak if you play in a dark room it hard to see what mode it is in. Bps is adjustable from 5-15 bps in 1 increments. Good luck no matter which way you go.