PDA

View Full Version : Bolt wear problem

Rooster
11-27-2001, 09:32 AM
I know I'm going to hear it about buy the intelliframe and what not, but i don't have the cash, and the steal i got on the benchy 2x will let me afford alot of new bolts for the price of the intelliframe. So intelliframe is off the table, and for discussions sake, so is the dye trigger too.

So here my story. I've used my mag with the stock trigger for more than two years without a bit of wear on the bolt. Before my last game i switched to the benchmark 2x that had a stop screw installed through the back. I played the game and the 2x trigger was easier on my finger, and i'd like to think let me shoot a little faster. However when i got home, the lip of the bolt was all chewed up.

Has this ever happened to anyone, and if so, whats the fix? Please note, any responce that says dye trigger, intelliframe, or put the stock trigger back on will be promptly ignored. I have considered all that stuff and I'm looking for other options.

Thordic
11-27-2001, 09:52 AM
Sounds like sloppy Benchmark tolerances :) Excessive bolt wear is likely due to the sear not engaging the bolt properly.

Is your sear worn as well, or just the bolt?

When the gun is gassed up, does the trigger rod touch the trigger, or is there a mm or so of space between them?

Is it a stock AGD bolt?

PyRo
11-27-2001, 05:48 PM
Sounds to me like you chipped your sear. The same thing happend to me. Inspect the edge that catches the bolt for chips, even the smallest will cause wear.

Rooster
12-02-2001, 02:46 PM
There are no chips that i can see, anyone else have an idea?