PDA

View Full Version : Moderators! Im Calling You Out!

behemoth
05-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Alright, Guns, Knives, or Slappers.

Who deleted the Binary Thread?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 01:39 PM
The only one I saw on today is Tato. But he wouldn't delete one of my threads out of spite, would he?

Of course he wouldn't. Nope, not him.

behemoth
05-30-2005, 01:40 PM
The only one I saw on today is Tato. But he wouldn't delete one of my threads out of spite, would he?

Of course he wouldn't. Nope, not him.

lolok

kthxbye

>_>

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey, someone has been deleting my posts, so maybe now they're moving on up to delete whole threads of mine.

My, someone is quite the little ambitious type.

This thread will get deleted too, I'm sure. Oh well.

behemoth
05-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey, someone has been deleting my posts, so maybe now they're moving on up to delete whole threads of mine.

My, someone is quite the little ambitious type.

This thread will get deleted too, I'm sure. Oh well.

Probably.

I dont see its moral or informational contribution to AO, but it does express a good point..

THAT MODERATORS ARE DELETING TOPICS THAT WE CARE ABOUT, AND HOLD DEEPLY IN OUR HEARTS.

grr....

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 02:01 PM
The only two mods I saw on all morning were Army, for a bit, and Tato.

And I hold Army too highly as a mod to assume that from him.

behemoth
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
The only two mods I saw on all morning were Army, for a bit, and Tato.

And I hold Army too highly as a mod to assume that from him.

Ich Auch.

-- Tato's been kinda NAZI to me too.

( i photoshopped his face on Himmler's body once, but got threatend with bannination before i even posted it.)

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Ich Auch.

-- Tato's been kinda NAZI to me too.

( i photoshopped his face on Himmler's body once, but got threatend with bannination before i even posted it.)

That's understandable. This, however, is not.

personman
05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
maybe it was ghosts

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 02:21 PM
maybe it was ghosts

Or perhaps the skeletons in the closet?

Miscue
05-30-2005, 02:21 PM
I have no idea who it was - they left no trace like they were supposed to.

BTW... whoever it was... needs to make a note of what they are doing.

:nono:

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 02:27 PM

There's a suprise. You only do that if you have something to hide. I'll second the :nono:

behemoth
05-30-2005, 02:27 PM

See, weve got MISCUE on our side.

TREMBLE WIF FEER!!!

Hes the Super Moderator, and Well, he pwnz j00

quik
05-30-2005, 02:28 PM
It was me!

sorry guys. :cry:

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 02:30 PM
It was me!

sorry guys. :cry:

*sigh*

frontrunner
05-30-2005, 02:34 PM
just wanted to get in before this gets deleted

tato has always seemed cool to me oh i'm well in before the cut if ther is one

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 02:37 PM
just wanted to get in before this gets deleted

I don't see why it has to be.

I guess this whole new policy of glasnost (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=glasnost) is a crock, isn't it?

quik
05-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Jesus Christ people these are public forums. You dont pay for them, you come here. If you dont like it, leave. You dont have to question EVERYTHING some mod does. He doesnt have to explain himself whatsoever, he could delete every thread in FC for all he cares and you couldnt do a damn thing about it.

Whine whine whine whine whine.

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 02:46 PM
Jesus Christ people these are public forums. You dont pay for them, you come here. If you dont like it, leave. You dont have to question EVERYTHING some mod does. He doesnt have to explain himself whatsoever, he could delete every thread in FC for all he cares and you couldnt do a damn thing about it.

Get the hell out, quik. Sorry if you don't feel the same way, but it's not your posts that have been deleted, it's not you who have been harassed by the mods. Like Cue said, this is wrong.

No, he can't delete every thread in FC, and goddamn it, I'm going to do every thing I can.

Kai
05-30-2005, 02:59 PM

It's stupid posts like this, that get you guys deleted and banned. Cool it. Army.

personman
05-30-2005, 03:00 PM
If you dont like it, leave.
I dont think you understand. They deleted the binary thread.

:(

Kai
05-30-2005, 03:08 PM
I knuck because I buck.

-=Squid=-
05-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Get the hell out, quik. Sorry if you don't feel the same way, but it's not your posts that have been deleted, it's not you who have been harassed by the mods. Like Cue said, this is wrong.

No, he can't delete every thread in FC, and goddamn it, I'm going to do every thing I can.
Oh my God the irony is so intense that it reunited Jesus and Satan as gay lovers.

Not that I care or anything...

ScatterPlot
05-30-2005, 04:05 PM
What's a binary thread?

SpecialBlend2786
05-30-2005, 04:07 PM
wait, this binary thread?
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=176534

Miscue
05-30-2005, 04:11 PM

I didn't say it was wrong. It was a worthless thread that was a repost... personally it doesn't bother me at all that it is gone.

Miscue
05-30-2005, 04:13 PM

Hurm... that's the one I thought we were talking about. I wasn't able to find it for some reason.

personman
05-30-2005, 04:21 PM
No, there was another one titled "I like robots." which was deleted.

Potatoboy
05-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Ummm.... sorry, but I haven't been on AO much in the past few months. The only reason I would have showed up on the user list is I got an email notification for the AO Canada thread.

I am listed under the moderators still, but have not had the power to make any changes or bans, or veiwing the moderator forums for quite some time.

I don't know why you've jumped to conclusions, but I assure you it wasn't me and I'm curious why whichever moderator it was hasn't stated that yet.

I really don't see why you're paranoid, as I could care less about your inane antics on the board.

Automaggot68
05-30-2005, 07:54 PM
See guys! It wasnt teh Tato!

Automaggot68
05-30-2005, 08:03 PM
YOu mean this thread?

RazorMonkey
05-30-2005, 08:21 PM
YOu mean this thread?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO old one...

personman
05-30-2005, 08:21 PM
No, there was another one titled "I like robots." which was deleted.

Automaggot68
05-30-2005, 08:25 PM

Oh no, guess if we ALL start crying, we can have a pity party.

gc82000
05-30-2005, 08:29 PM
I think I just posted on the "I also like robots" thread.

SpecialBlend2786
05-30-2005, 09:05 PM

YOu mean this thread?

dude, just dude.

Target Practice
05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Self-Edited.

quik
05-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Sometimes I want to kill people, but I dont.

Potatoboy, your okay in my book!

Potatoboy
05-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Gee, you had the motive, just not the ability.

See above paranoia reference.

Also, before you scream bloody murder about this, no I can't see your edits. It was in the thread notification email.

tsc
05-31-2005, 12:05 AM
See above paranoia reference.

Also, before you scream bloody murder about this, no I can't see your edits. It was in the thread notification email.

Then why did you quote it. :rolleyes:

Potatoboy
05-31-2005, 12:08 AM
To point out how silly this is.

Any time he crosses the line, he cries out that the only reason the mods are picking on him is because of me.

Target Practice
05-31-2005, 01:45 AM
To point out how silly this is.

Any time he crosses the line, he cries out that the only reason the mods are picking on him is because of me.

Tell me what line I crossed, then. Why did someone else's binary thread get to stay?

bornl33t
05-31-2005, 05:34 AM
Tell me what line I crossed, then. Why did someone else's binary thread get to stay?

http://www.lowell.edu/users/grundy/images/cheese.jpg

here's some cheese to go with your whine, tool. diaf

behemoth
05-31-2005, 05:46 AM
here's some cheese to go with your whine, tool. diaf

01010011011101000110000101111001001000000111010001 10100001100101001000000110011001110101011000110110 10110010000001101111011101010111010000100000011011 11011001100010000001110100011010000110100101110011 00101100001000000100000101110011011100110111011101 101001011100000110010100101110

MarkM
05-31-2005, 06:38 AM
I deleted the binary thread ..the reason was....It is not a discussion it was spam and post whoring. As for removing a certain users posts, sure I did that too BUT also more than a few other users too had posts removed. All were removed for incitement to flame and some of the posts were in bad taste (joke thread). This is not a nation thing just normal life.
In this case one user happened to notice that their post count had dropped. If any user crosses over the line the post will be removed, if the post required a warning then I will send a warning however post deletion was all that it required. If for the future you wish that I warn you that to do it again will result in a undefined ban then sure I will do that but surely 1 or a few posts from your post count is a much lesser punishment.
I notice from the last post I editted in it I said that a pm could be sent if the user disagreed...no PM has turned up only a winge.
The main reason this thread was left alone (by other mods) is that this is a more or less a civilised discussion plus I hadn't posted although I had told another of the mods I did what I have listed above.
Some inane threads are left alone if only to show the level of maturity/intelligence etc etc but as so often is the case they are often fishing expeditionss to see how long they (the user) can get away with post whoring. The original binary thread is a perfect example of this.
I don't expect this post to be taken in the spirit in which it is intended but no agenda is contained within it so don't try to over analyze it.

Muzikman
05-31-2005, 06:49 AM
Maybe a better solution to deleting a post is to edit out all the text in it, and leave a message as to why it was edited. I have 100% respect for the mods, but I too would wonder why one of my posts was deleted and no explaination was given.

I also do not think it is fair to point fingers. I have learned years ago that if you point fingers blindly, it's more often than not the wrong person.

Kevmaster
05-31-2005, 07:32 AM
inane

i think this is a very apt description of this and the binary threads

personman
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
i think this is a very apt description of this and the binary threads
I think its a very apt description of 80% of the threads on AO.
How was the binary thread spam? We were having a conversation. If conversation is spam, might as well shut down AO because omg, its spam!

Not that I care about the binary thread or anything..

:(

Miscue
05-31-2005, 11:00 AM
I deleted the binary thread ..the reason was....It is not a discussion it was spam and post whoring. As for removing a certain users posts, sure I did that too BUT also more than a few other users too had posts removed. All were removed for incitement to flame and some of the posts were in bad taste (joke thread). This is not a nation thing just normal life.
In this case one user happened to notice that their post count had dropped. If any user crosses over the line the post will be removed, if the post required a warning then I will send a warning however post deletion was all that it required. If for the future you wish that I warn you that to do it again will result in a undefined ban then sure I will do that but surely 1 or a few posts from your post count is a much lesser punishment.
I notice from the last post I editted in it I said that a pm could be sent if the user disagreed...no PM has turned up only a winge.
The main reason this thread was left alone (by other mods) is that this is a more or less a civilised discussion plus I hadn't posted although I had told another of the mods I did what I have listed above.
Some inane threads are left alone if only to show the level of maturity/intelligence etc etc but as so often is the case they are often fishing expeditionss to see how long they (the user) can get away with post whoring. The original binary thread is a perfect example of this.
I don't expect this post to be taken in the spirit in which it is intended but no agenda is contained within it so don't try to over analyze it.

Next time please relocate it to our garbage collection forum instead of physically deleting the thread, leaving no trace - even for the mods... even if it is a worthless thread. I personally don't care that the particular thread in question was removed... nor do I care that you didn't explain it to everyone... (FC is typically fair game)... however, at least leave the mods some way to know what the heck is going on.

teufelhunden
05-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Next time please relocate it to our garbage collection forum instead of physically deleting the thread, leaving no trace - even for the mods... even if it is a worthless thread.

Oh, Jesus. You broke the mod-ranks by pointing out a problem with a mod in public..

We'll miss you :ninja:

Miscue
05-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Here's the thing. I try not to take action on a thread in FC - even if I think it is retarded, and especially when it's clean... and I think this is the case for most of the mods. There's a variety of ages on here, with different ideas on what's fun. When postwhoring goes to a ridiculous level, that's one thing... but there's always going to be goofy posts in FC... and they usually evaporate when short attention spans lose interest.

thecavemankevin
05-31-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh, Jesus. You broke the mod-ranks by pointing out a problem with a mod in public..

We'll miss you :ninja:

ah, but miscue has been a mod longer than Mark so he can hand out spankings as needed

Miscue
05-31-2005, 11:28 AM
That's not what it's about. The goal is consistency - so that we all try to follow the same system. And well, this thread questions credibility - and I figure it helps to not keep everyone in the dark from time to time.

SCpoloRicker
05-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks for a post-long weekend giggle everyone!

MarkM
05-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Miscue, replying here so everyone can see ;)

No problem. I can do that and do do this, on this occasion I did not. Although another Mod was aware of what I had done so it wasn't totally hidden.

quik
05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Yay! Everything is resolved!

Lets all have tea!

tsc
05-31-2005, 12:59 PM

Did you even bother to translate the binary posts? If you would have, you would have noticed that we were indeed carrying on a conversation. Does that mean that we can't speak in Spanish, German, French, or any other language, because it's spam? God forbid we do something a little different.

And if it was you deleting my posts, I didn't just "happen to notice that [my] post count had dropped." I have had multiple posts removed in multiple threads, with no reason/edit/PM whatsoever. I DID PM a mod about it, but that PM never bore fruit. I don't give a rat's behind about my post count, I really don't. It's the fact that things are disappearing without a trace that pisses me off.

Moreover, I don't understand what this

If for the future you wish that I warn you that to do it again will result in a undefined ban then sure I will do that but surely 1 or a few posts from your post count is a much lesser punishment

None of the posts I made that were deleted had anything worthy of a ban. Also, didn't we get over this "undefined ban" crap? Don't you have to have a reason? Like some of the mods have said, they can't ban a member just for being jerk, that they have to break a rule.

I broke no rule. I did nothing wrong. You aren't following your own rules by wiping out my posts willy-nilly.

Miscue
05-31-2005, 01:10 PM
And with that... this thread has probably gone as far as it will go.

Closed.