PDA

View Full Version : Wanna buy a Minimag

xsiegex
05-30-2005, 03:28 PM
I've been playing for 6 years now and I desided to get a new marker, so I chose the Minimag (I havent actually baught it yet). I've played against a friend who owns a classic mag and I was really impressed. I really like the way the Minimag looks, the design is all mideval. The only problem is I'm new to this type of marker and I need some help getting this started.
I tried looking up other topics in the past that would help but seriously couldn't find anything that would help. If I buy this marker what should I buy to upgrade it, like; barrels, air-systems, trigger frames. What would you guys recomend for the Minimag. Your help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Pyroboy597
05-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Well, its all about what you prefer. The minimag stock is heavy with a single, stiff trigger. Some people prefer that because its more "realistic." If you want a lighter trigger pull, get the X-Valve and ULT trigger upgrade. The Intelliframe is the best trigger frame out there for the mag, becaue its sturdy, compfy, and matches the looks of the gun. It can also be hooked up to your hopper so when u pull the trigger, your hopper spins. The minimag shorty barrel is good but the ball's range is shorter than that of a longer barrel (14-16 inch) It is hard to make a mag shoot any faster than lets say 9bps without spending a couple 100$ in upgrades, as well as getting an expensice nitrogen tank. I would keep the barrel, get an intelliframe, x-valve, and a ULT, get the LVL 10 bolt (prevents chopping) and a drop forward to balance the weight of the tank. Get a cheap electric hopper and your all set. (im personally not a big fan of mags but i own a mini that is fully upgraded except for a ULE mainbody.)

xsiegex
05-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the help. I got one more question tho, If I were to but a barrel for the Minimag what type would be suggested for it?

jacobeid
05-30-2005, 04:35 PM
At that point he should just buy a paradigm pro from www.themagsmith.com and sell the ULE body, and the sleeper rail (they only fit ULE bodies) and buy a minimag body with one of rogue's new ULE classic rails or dallara rails. That way you get the performance and weight of an RT pro, but with the looks of a minimag. For a barrel I would suggest a dye ultralight 12-16 inch. depending on what position and type of pb you play.

JOE4959
05-31-2005, 02:57 PM
I Need Help! I Hear You Need Upgrades For Co2 To Work With The Minimag. i Dont Know What Kind Of Upgrade To Get So The Co2 Will Work With My Minimag. I Dont Want To By N2 Compresed Air Because My Paintball Suppliers Dont Supply It. Please Help Me.

MAGnificents
06-01-2005, 01:18 PM
I Need Help! I Hear You Need Upgrades For Co2 To Work With The Minimag. i Dont Know What Kind Of Upgrade To Get So The Co2 Will Work With My Minimag. I Dont Want To By N2 Compresed Air Because My Paintball Suppliers Dont Supply It. Please Help Me.

well since your are sticking with co2 (i did except for winter play), i would invest into getting an anti-siphon co2 tank, an expansion chamber, or a remote set up for your marker. the whole purpose of these 3 essential items is to avoid getting liquid into your marker. i have a classic valves in my markers with an expansion chamber and a remote set up and i have never had a problem. knock knock (on wood).