PDA

View Full Version : New Broke AKA Owner!

MadPSIence
05-30-2005, 05:40 PM
So today I made up my mind and sealed a deal for a nice 04 Excal from a local forumer we all love. Boy am I broke but boy will I be happy. I wanted from I could rely on so the NME wasn't for me.. and I had to say no to the angel.

I wanted a mag before, but the mag I wanted doesn't exist yet. So, this is my choice and I think I'll be happy after a streamline milling and custom anno and trigger job.

Creative Mayhem
05-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Looking good. Now send that baby off to Destructive for an overhaul! :D

Then bring it and yourself to AO Canada!

MadPSIence
05-30-2005, 06:25 PM
DC? Hell no, they don't mill Excalibur's. Found that out.

It's gonna get a nicer trigger to start, then a Dye 05 Mini Drop paired with a Hybrid push buttom on/off ASA, JMJ is going to streamline it then I need to send it somewhere for anno. Jet black with Cobalt Blue parts.

rkjunior303
05-30-2005, 06:43 PM

It's gonna get a nicer trigger to start, then a Dye 05 Mini Drop paired with a Hybrid push buttom on/off ASA, JMJ is going to streamline it then I need to send it somewhere for anno. Jet black with Cobalt Blue parts.

They don't mill them YET ;)

minimag03
05-30-2005, 06:48 PM

I hope you know JmJ is very slow. You marker could sit int he shop for over a month. DC can hook you up with some type of milling, I'd email them and see. Plus DC can mill your frame too. If you want a new trigger, go here:
http://undecidedpb.com <-- they are the best.

MadPSIence
05-30-2005, 07:00 PM
thanks for the info and link. when it comes time I will give DC a call

rkjunior303
05-30-2005, 07:00 PM
DC just did my 03 Viking with my Pipe kit.. Still haven't gotten my evolve frame back from them yet (matching -- just making grips for me)

http://www.gankish.net/~rkjunior/Paintball/IMG_0197.JPG

When I spoke to Alan the other day, they don't have a milling pattern for an Excal but I but they could help you get it milled. Definitely give them a shout.

MadPSIence
05-30-2005, 07:02 PM
They don't mill them YET ;)

well if they do by September I will give them a chance. It's too bad excal's can't get FSP jobs like vikings do.

MadPSIence
05-30-2005, 07:03 PM
DC just did my 03 Viking with my Pipe kit.. Still haven't gotten my evolve frame back from them yet (matching -- just making grips for me)

http://www.gankish.net/~rkjunior/Paintball/IMG_0197.JPG

When I spoke to Alan the other day, they don't have a milling pattern for an Excal but I but they could help you get it milled. Definitely give them a shout.

who did your anno? i swear it was either jmj or dc that said they won't do anno anymore.

rkjunior303
05-30-2005, 07:15 PM
DC did the anno through Anotech -- which took 3 months.

They have since pulled all of their jobs from Annotech and are using someone else -- who has a 2 week turnaround. I'm not sure who is doing it, but I know they sent out to a couple different places including MAXX and FBM.. Alan/Jared WAS doing the Anno in house but they have stopped. Alan has a kid on the way and he doesnt want to be around all of those toxic chemicals.

It's ashame Anotech takes so long -- they do great work. The fade on the marker is amazing, its just a washed out pic unfortunately. You can see the fade better here:

http://www.flagpull.com/destructive2k4/davies%20021.jpg

yakitori
05-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I like that bottom pic better cause it doesnt show that funky toenail of yours. Wow, that bugger is creepy looking. :P. J/k.

I think you will happy w/ the decision to go aka.

68magOwner
05-30-2005, 08:07 PM
oh boy, now we have to put up with you on all the aka boards :rolleyes: :p ;)

gc82000
05-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I like that bottom pic better cause it doesnt show that funky toenail of yours. Wow, that bugger is creepy looking. :P. J/k.

For reals, I wasso jealous of your gun I almost cried but the I saw the toe. :p

Fred
05-30-2005, 08:31 PM
I inquired the other day about FSP milling on an Excal... they said something is on the way for 03 and 04 bodies....

Regardless, Nice marker!

---Fred

rkjunior303
05-30-2005, 08:37 PM
For reals, I wasso jealous of your gun I almost cried but the I saw the toe. :p

lol thanks guys. glad i could amuse ya'all ;) dont drop a stove on your foot and you wont end up with screwed up toe-nails ;)

MadPSIence
05-30-2005, 09:03 PM
i don't think the FSP style is possible on the excal. I'd like to get a highlander job done

68magOwner
05-30-2005, 09:15 PM
highlander milling will set ya back quite a bit, but, is very, very nice, good luck

MadPSIence
05-30-2005, 09:25 PM
hm well i don't want to go crazy spending on milling, scratch that

minimag03
05-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Before you make any big decisions, just get in and play with it.