PDA

View Full Version : Proto???????????

Gumbe
05-30-2005, 05:55 PM
well i am selling my mag :cry:, but i need a really good torny marker..no i know the pros but i want all the CONS about this marker i dont care if it personal opion i want em all i dont want to drop this much money on somthing with out know all the cons..please help

SpecialBlend2786
05-30-2005, 06:04 PM
crappy wiring. thats all imo.

Predator boards are cheap for matrices.

Fatjon
05-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I have no cons on mine so far. I got an olive, and i love it

68magOwner
05-30-2005, 06:19 PM
wiring is iffy, thats about it, just keep it lubed up, also going to want to get a new feedneck for it asap

Gumbe
05-30-2005, 07:05 PM
what you mean wirey is wiffy?....is that the only con....i want them all...it better i know about it befor i get it

SpecialBlend2786
05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
what you mean wirey is wiffy?....is that the only con....i want them all...it better i know about it befor i get it

The wires are thin and delecate and the soldering is crappy pretty much. But they are great markers, you can find them reletivly cheap now (under $800). I wouldn't say that the wiring is a reason not to get the marker, but if you do just be careful with the wires.

Gumbe
05-30-2005, 07:25 PM
well cant i get the wire replaced? and i dont worrie about that my proshop will take care of any weirs that decied to act up

rkjunior303
05-30-2005, 07:26 PM
for the same price of a new proto, you could get a used dm4 with tadao 5.. look for that.

BUT, the proto is a great deal. the board would need to be replaced, if you wanted to upgrade it -- opposed to a dm4 with a drop-in chip. fast as hell and they shoot great.

Gumbe
05-30-2005, 07:43 PM
wait i dont understand this the proto i will never be able to out shoot..so what the point of a new borad?

Pyroboy597
05-30-2005, 07:44 PM
its a waste of money IMO, just get an ion.. 17 bps is fast enough, and the ion has better eyes than a stock proto.

Gumbe
05-30-2005, 07:47 PM
man your on the hype of the ion.....the proto has better eye dont even try that...i hold the ion it felt like i was gona break it...i want a proto i want the cons of a proto dont try and change my mind please

SpecialBlend2786
05-30-2005, 09:08 PM
the ion has better eyes than a stock proto.

hahaha no.

as for the board, upgrading the board with a predator or something will give you access to more firing modes and such, and gives you alot more control over the gun and how it fires.

Gumbe
05-30-2005, 09:20 PM
but what do you mean....like i use semi..i am a newbi to this high end stuff so bare with me....how can i controll how the marker first in semi..i know on my friend timmy there somthing that makes your hopper feed fast i dont know can someone explain how i can have more controll over how my marker shoot in semi with this new borad :confused:

SpecialBlend2786
05-30-2005, 09:41 PM
basically, with an aftermarket board you will have access to ramping modes and stuff like that. So you can set it so that the gun starts off as semi, but once you reach a certain bps the marker will drop the debounce settings and you will basically be firing faster then you are pulling the trigger. or something like that.

ntn4502
05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
its sounds like you should wait awhile to get a high end marker

CKY_Alliance
05-30-2005, 11:43 PM
An aftermarket board adds extra setting and such like others said some have different modes of ramping but also you can cap the board for tournaments and such,but you can prolly put a cap on the stock board also.

WARPED1
05-31-2005, 01:03 AM
No real cons as far as I know. Buy it now!

Torbo
05-31-2005, 01:48 PM
you do have to be very careful with the wires, especially the eyes. If you buy a new one, it should come with a board with semi and psp modes.

Gumbe
05-31-2005, 02:33 PM
i am all agesnt ramping i hate it i think it cheap so me spending extra money on ramping borad...

yingyang
05-31-2005, 02:41 PM
if you want the speed just pick up a 20 bps hyperframe on ebay or somewhere.

Gumbe
05-31-2005, 03:24 PM
i have a hyper frame i am selling it ..i want a proto

Gumbe
05-31-2005, 06:03 PM
hmmm or a free style pro...i want your guys opion.....please list pros and con explain why

Enemy
05-31-2005, 08:17 PM
so far i like the proto it will be my next gun!

it has a better spool valve system than a shocker, uses the dm4 bolt with the dm5 frame. its smaller and lighter than even the dm5 uses the same eyes. the only thing you are missing compared to a dm is no front on/off, not as clean eye covers, and instead of replacing a chip on the board for new programing you have to replace the whole board.

you shouldnt regret it!

punkncat
05-31-2005, 08:34 PM
The "problem" with the wiring is this....
The factory solder points are easy to pull loose. Most people buy this marker and instantly take off the frame to adjust or replace the trigger. The wire pulls off the solenoid and instantly its got "crappy wiring".

Any local proshop or halfway experianced electrician that you might know can fix the solder points in moments and if your are really feeling squirrely they can preplace the whole harness in a few minutes.

Other that that one VERY MINOR issue, they totally rock. They are the culmination of the development of one of the better marker designs ever. The "bolt" is better in that it no longer has high hat oring problems, its more efficent, is way lighter, looks better, doesn't have a membrane pad to cause problems and costs way less than the DM5 which is "supposedly" a higher line marker.

With the availability of plenty of software "upgrades" it is definately one of the best markers available today and a good price to boot.

WARPED1
05-31-2005, 08:56 PM
They took thjat stupid on/off thing off the front, that thing looks dumb on DMx's/

Glickman
05-31-2005, 09:00 PM
wait i dont understand this the proto i will never be able to out shoot..so what the point of a new borad?

YES!!! OMG YES

SOMEONE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Athius
05-31-2005, 11:01 PM
I had one is a great marker but i never liked the gripframe to thin and too wide.

The stock barrel is great and maintence is pretty easy.

I play with it in mud and rain im a front man and it never let me down.

Gumbe
06-01-2005, 02:39 PM
YES!!! OMG YES

SOMEONE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well i dont see the point in wasting my money on that if i cant out shot it

mags247
06-04-2005, 09:43 AM
i am all agesnt ramping i hate it i think it cheap so me spending extra money on ramping borad...

Sounds like someone has been ramped or worse ramed and bunkerd at the same time.....
or perhaps just a woodball player. In tourneys w/o ramping you'll never keep a lane covered.

When I play 5 mans on our fields against the non ramping guns it is so easy to move up the field. You can make it the 50 from the back off the break with a good run-dive-crawl. I play alot more conservative when I am matched with firepower.

stop whining buy a mag
06-04-2005, 11:24 AM
As said before get a used DM4. The Proto's are nice and all but the DM4 has a better feel to it (IMO) and you can easily get chips for it. I just got a DM4 off Ebay for $740 with a CP Trigger. For another $20 or $30 I could have gotten one with a nice chip.

For now I would stick with your Mag. This may be harsh, but you don't seem educated enough to get a high end gun. At least I'll give you props for coming here and trying to do your homework before buying. :dance:

WARPED1
06-04-2005, 12:33 PM
As said before get a used DM4. The Proto's are nice and all but the DM4 has a better feel to it (IMO) and you can easily get chips for it. I just got a DM4 off Ebay for $740 with a CP Trigger. For another $20 or $30 I could have gotten one with a nice chip.

For now I would stick with your Mag. This may be harsh, but you don't seem educated enough to get a high end gun. At least I'll give you props for coming here and trying to do your homework before buying. :dance:
Why waste money on an upgraded chip or board when you'll never outshoot the stock one?! Buy more paint instead!

magman007
06-04-2005, 12:55 PM
better eye logic, better debounce settings, more tuned dwell settings.....m bounce settings as well

LeatherPants
06-04-2005, 07:19 PM
It's a great marker. I have a '04 Featherlight Viking, Alias and Proto. I like shooting the Proto.

It was supposed to be the back up for the back up but now it's the primary.

My teammate has two Dm5. He's getting rid of one for a Proto.

It's lighter, just as fast and more efficient than the DM5 and with the top hat mod you gain an extra pod on top of that too.

The wiring is delicate so basically don't be an idiot and just be careful.

You can find them new for about $700 now and it's worth it. Of course you'll still need to blow money on a better barrel, on/off and clamping feedneck.

Overall it is a great marker for the price you can't go wrong.

Oh yea BTW someone buy my Viking. :shooting:

Gumbe
06-04-2005, 09:44 PM
ight well let me say this if you need ramping to shoot fast then you just lost a major skill of the game in my OPION, honestly its a skill that alows good plays to really stick out.

ramping i have played agesnt ramping cheater who where also paint whipers to..i hate it it was so cheap they could WALK up the feild shotting 19bps. they where rich to so the had no limit to how much paint they had they.....*getting to emocional*(and spelt that wrong sorry) they shot me and would stop shooting me it was :( terable(wow i suck at spellling) :cry: i cant go on lol

i am going to get a proto thanks for the insite

pm with spec on ur viking and price