PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Air.....

spacedtedybear
05-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Has anyone ever heard of them before? More importantly, does anyone own any of their products and what do you think? Linky here (http://www.guerrillaair.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=29)
The Air Assault looks very much like Centerflags 4ce system.

magmonkey
05-31-2005, 07:45 AM
I am thinking it has somthing to do with the air america folks

Has anyone ever heard of them before? More importantly, does anyone own any of their products and what do you think? Linky here (http://www.guerrillaair.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=29)

Eric Cartman
05-31-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm liking the "anti launch" feature. If it works as promised, that's a great idea.

chairman_mao
05-31-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm liking the "anti launch" feature. If it works as promised, that's a great idea.
This is a feature that TK designed into the Flatline many moons ago.* :clap:

*This bit of knowledge brought to you by Tunaman

Muzikman
05-31-2005, 09:10 AM
I was reading a thread here about a person trying to get parts for his AA system and that he could not get ahold of them. Someone then posted a link to PBN where someone was saying that the AA building was up for lease and I think it was Shane who all but confirmed that AA is no more. He also pointed out the Guerrilla Air systems. Which if you look at some of the specs you will notice some similarity between these systems and the AA systems.

As someone else pointed out, AGD Flatlines have the "Anti-Rocket" feature from the start and at the time they were the only ones who did. This new Guerrilla system seems to have a lot of safety features which I think is needed in this sport.

Since I will be needing a new tank for IAO, I think this one might just be it.

Eric Cartman
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
This is a feature that TK designed into the Flatline many moons ago.* :clap:

Can't say I'm surprised. Since there were no 88/45 flatlines and no one would sell the reg by itself, I never got a chance to own one.

Beemer
05-31-2005, 11:18 AM
High Flow Blood Grooves" allow venting of the entire contents of the pressure vessel before the regulator can be completely unscrewed from the cylinder.

That is a Dan Colby or Air America design. No silly small hole in reg neck. :nono:

In addition, the Assault™ easily boasts, that it is "The Worlds Safest Regulator", due to the patented safety features incorporated in its design. The revolutionary "Anti-Launch" internal shut off, available only on the Assault™ version, seals cylinder pressure in the event of an accidental separation.

As already said AGD all ready had this in the 4500 flatline. :clap:

Mounting the valve on a gun which is basically a two foot long lever and then diving into a bunker is an overall bad idea. Only ONE regulator on the market has a fail safe shut off if the reg breaks off. Three letters, starts with A, you can guess the rest.

Well now there appears to be two or is it one again since the flatline isnt really on the market any more.

AGD always waiting for eveyone else to ketchup on Safety :sleeping:

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/SigPic.jpg

SlartyBartFast
05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
But, which is stronger? The machined aluminium or stainless of the regulator or the aluminium and fiber of the tank?

If you dived into the ground, which would break first? the tank, reg, drop, or barrel?

The poppet design for these regs is an absolute must as they are designed to be serviced with the tank pressurised.

vonort
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
From my understanding Air America has split off a second company. Guerilla Air to do the paintball stuff. This is just something that i have heard through the grapevine. Not 100% sure if its factual.

abunkerer
05-31-2005, 12:28 PM

insider tip: the "4ce system" is not going to go into mass production.

spacedtedybear
05-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys. I was thinking of selling my flatline going to a quality screw-in. The 4ce was something I was definately considering after seeing Zak use one in his videos. But as I said, the 4ce and the Assault seems to be very similair in that they both have replacable springs for different outputs.

WARPED1
05-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Italked to thier east coast guy at the Open. The regs seem awesome, I'll be getting one soon.

Spacemanvic
05-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that was me with the info and link :)

I wound up using my mag's parts to fix the AA Raptor after getting info from Tuna and a few others as to using the parts from the mag to fix the reg.

I was reading a thread here about a person trying to get parts for his AA system and that he could not get ahold of them. Someone then posted a link to PBN where someone was saying that the AA building was up for lease and I think it was Shane who all but confirmed that AA is no more. He also pointed out the Guerrilla Air systems. Which if you look at some of the specs you will notice some similarity between these systems and the AA systems.

As someone else pointed out, AGD Flatlines have the "Anti-Rocket" feature from the start and at the time they were the only ones who did. This new Guerrilla system seems to have a lot of safety features which I think is needed in this sport.

Since I will be needing a new tank for IAO, I think this one might just be it.

frontrunner
05-31-2005, 10:37 PM
when i went to the SP event last month 3 of the people at thier both worked the air america both at cup last oct so i'm thinkin there one in the same

jenarelJAM
05-31-2005, 10:42 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. Since there were no 88/45 flatlines and no one would sell the reg by itself, I never got a chance to own one.
tuna sells 91/45 flatlines, and had a used 88 ci one for sale when i ordered mine. works great so far.

SpecialBlend2786
06-01-2005, 01:30 AM
The website reminds me of AA's website. same general layout :)