PDA

View Full Version : Minimag Upgrades

JOE4959
05-31-2005, 03:47 PM
I Need Help! I Hear You Need Upgrades For Co2 To Work With The Minimag. i Dont Know What Kind Of Upgrade To Get So The Co2 Will Work With My Minimag. I Dont Want To By N2 Compresed Air Because My Paintball Suppliers Dont Supply It. Please Help Me.

Codekevin0403
05-31-2005, 03:54 PM
do you?
i don't think you need anything for CO2 to work on a minimag valve, isn't it like a classic?

But you could get an expansion chamber and/or antisiphon for your CO2

Muzikman
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
The Minimag will run off of CO2, but you can freeze the valve which will cause bad performance and the o-rings to wear out faster. Because of this, you want to prevent liquid from getting into the reg (valve). You have a few options, some being more costly than others.

1. Cheap – Run the bottle vertically. The minimag comes stock with a vert adapter. As long as you keep the gun upright you will keep out a good bit of the liquid. It does make for an oddly balanced gun.
2. Medium priced – Use an expansion chamber in the vert adapter and use a back bottle adapter attached to the bottom of the grip frame along with an anti-siphon tank. This places the tank in a more normal position. The anti-siphon tank keeps a lot of the liquid out and the expansion chamber gives any liquid that gets out of the tank enough time to boil off and convert to gas.
3. Medium/Higher priced – Use a remote that places the tank vertically in your harness and runs to the gun. A remote used with an expansion chamber will keep almost all liquid out of the gun. Not only does any liquid have the chance to boil off in the expansion chamber, but also in the 42” or so remote hose.
4. High Cost – Use a male Palmer Stabilizer attached to the vert adapter attached to the bottom of the grip frame along with an anti-siphon tank. This places the tank in a more normal position. The anti-siphon tank keeps a lot of the liquid out and the Regulator prevents all liquid from entering the valve.

peewee
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
All you need is an expansion chamber / gas thru grip. You can also add a antisyphon tube to your tank, or run a remote. Very easy. I have my classic set up with a AGD gas thru bike grip & thats it . I am not heavy on the trigger so I get by with no issues. Welcome to AO. :)
If you have any other questions dont be afraid to ask.

JOE4959
05-31-2005, 04:15 PM
I am a newb could u tell me wat those things are.

Kevmaster
05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Muzikman's post is prolly the best description

choose your cost poison and go for it.

maxama10
05-31-2005, 06:41 PM
joe how many times did you need to ask this buddy i told you already use a remote :p

maxama10
05-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Remote: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=83044&item=7159078533&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Anti siphon: http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=XkT1JSVBLFb1bWfdqU41jS_nVmkw7L5DMNc=?Pro ductID=vozAqArbSqUAAAECVbkmO6LC

JOE4959
05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Thank You Everyone You Guys Were Helpful