PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever have a "day"?

Codekevin0403
05-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Anyone ever have a "day"?

What do i mean by day?

Well when everything about paintball goes wrong. Your eyes break, you drop your gun into the mud, it's raining, and you can't shoot.

wait back up...can't shoot?

yes can't shoot. Today, while I was outside playing with my friends, i took my 05 speed and i started to walk it (me and my friends have competitions with each other) and my fingers just wouldn't move fast enough. The harder i tried, the slower it went. Anybody have that happen to them?

68magOwner
05-31-2005, 06:07 PM
umm, not really, i have had days where i just had a flat out bad time, be it bad sportsmanship, bad weather, ect

but, i have also had "days" where every ball i shoot seems to be guided by the heavens and i am somehow invisible to opponents and just blow heads off/run through guys unchallenged all day.

MonsterMag
05-31-2005, 06:38 PM
I have had bad days , never of a marker not working at all. I bought a mag so this wouldnt happen. I have hade days were the level 10 is a pain in the butt. Other than that weather has never been mutch of an issue.

Aslan
05-31-2005, 06:44 PM
3 years ago it seemed like everytime I went to the field, my Spyder would give me problems and I'd end up missing half the games while I tried to fix it.

2 years ago, I bought a Rebel LE to back it up, didn't end up having any problems and never really used the Rebel. However, my friend...who I was trying to get interested in the sport...had this cra%py Stingray II and both times we went to the local field it broke. He had such a miserable time that I never thought he'd go again (and he is yet to...but he's coming around).

This year, first time I could make it out to the field...the Spyder was leaking air out of the air line connections to the expansion chamber. I figured, no problem...took out the Rebel...which I had found to be my most reliable and fastest firing marker anyways. :headbang: We start out towards the starting area and I trip and fall down. Well, forgot to put the safety on and I fired 5 shots into my barrel and barrel sock...it was a mess. I tried to clean it out...but it wouldn't work the whole game...kept getting breaks. Game 2...it jammed halfway through and I had to call myself out. I thought I had it fixed for Game 3, but I brought my Spitfire II pump with me (in my alice pack) just in case. Got out to the far field, jammed. I grabbed my pump in frustration...it was broken...the pump mechanism was messed up. So I walked back to the car. I had two Brass Eagle markers in my trunk that I had never used...I grabbed the first one...a Raptor Silver Eagle. I started fiddling around with it and ended up bending the cra& out of the ball detent wire and then the gun was double and triple feeding and I couldn't get it bent back. I threw that piece of junk back in the trunk and took out a Brass Eagle Eradicator. :cuss: :cry: :cuss:
It was horrible...I had to turn the velocity all the way up when the tank was cold...but then as the tank warmed up the gun started shooting over 300fps. I could barely get it to chrono under 289fps in time for the 5th game. I hate CO2 without an expansion chamber! :mad:

Surprisingly, the rest of the day went okay. I hated using that gun...it disgusted me just to look at it and it couldn't hit a dead elephant...not to mention it was loud and once the tank got too hot...the fps went above 310 and it started just chopping the h#ll out of the balls. I got about 8 kills and won half the games in the afternoon session...mainly because I snuck around and took some chances...but overall the day was really bad and as usual it was because of gun problems.

After that day, I sold the Eradicator. I got a good deal on a Tippmann Pro Lite but decided to sell the Raptor and Pro Lite once I got a good deal on a classig automag. I am REALLY REALLY crossing my fingers that the automag will be quality enough not to give me these kinds of problems (hope?) :ninja: :ninja:

AGDlover
05-31-2005, 06:45 PM
lol if I'm shooting a mech mag and its raining and I drop my mag in hell I'm still playing!!! :shooting:

jdhfreak
05-31-2005, 06:58 PM
recently it seems like i have had a lot of those days chiefly because of some disagreements me and and some other players have had with the field owners of the best fields in town.

Maggot6
05-31-2005, 07:06 PM
I love the days where like, Everything goes your way. Just good things after another,..But then always the next day comes around and kicks you in the :cuss:...And it's even better when that is paintballing the next day.

cdacda13
05-31-2005, 07:14 PM
I had one of those days. I can't get my mag to chrono under 350. The field didn't have any parts. Then, my nitro tank's nipple break 4 times.

Enemy
05-31-2005, 07:54 PM
ive had more than one of those days! heck just last week i blew the oring on the reg piston on the maxflo of my shocker and i keep forgetting to order some foamies for the mag. also had a tourney where i went through 8 guns breaking half of them!