PDA

View Full Version : Predator E/X Mag Drop in board

BigEvil
05-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Everyone,

Im sure you are all familiar with the awesome TAG Predator boards. The DIY kits can be a royal pain in the arse to install unless you really know your stuff.

I asked a question to Bob Sandifer over at TAG if they would ever consider a 'drop-in' board for the AGD E-mag series. Here is his resonse:

"Find me 50 people that will preorder and I will start the run of our Emag design."

Im sure there are AT LEAST 50 people here that would be willing to put down (guessing here) about $160 - $200 for a drop in Predator board. With everyone going bonkers for new software, better features, and eye support for their emags, I would think that this is a no brainer.

What do you guys think?

Eagle
05-27-2005, 09:51 PM
And what would something like this cost?

WenULiVeUdiE
05-27-2005, 09:52 PM
With Fireware coming out soon, this may be a hard task. As reflashing the board will be cheaper than buying a new one.

BigEvil
05-27-2005, 09:54 PM
And what would something like this cost?

If RRFIreblade is going to charge anywhere in the $100 area for his software, then is $150 - $200 for a predator too much?

I am not at all sure of what either would cost. I am just guessing.

Those little Predator boards pack a big punch. Total control over the marker, various firing modes, support of BOTH break beam and reflective eyes, and they are LIGHTNING FAST.

OH, BTW - just to compare, the TAG Shocker board goes for $160.

AGDlover
05-27-2005, 09:56 PM
if i had another emag sure i'd give it a shot and try it on 1 e over the other but i'd have to see how it preforms

usmc8892
05-27-2005, 10:01 PM
count me in !!!

atm743
05-27-2005, 10:03 PM
If RRFIreblade is going to charge anywhere in the $100 area for his software, then is $150 - $200 for a predator too much?

I am not at all sure of what either would cost. I am just guessing.

Those little Predator boards pack a big punch. Total control over the marker, various firing modes, support of BOTH break beam and reflective eyes, and they are LIGHTNING FAST.

firmware wont cost that much

The most i would pay for it is 60 with fast shipping both to him and back and the work on the gun.

but really i would jest stick with the regular board.

jest never liked the fact of useing aftermarket parts on a mag

jenarelJAM
05-27-2005, 11:18 PM
i thought jay said it would be somehting like $20 + shipping for fireware... then again, i'm not quite up on the facts...

PsychoBaller
05-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Give me 2.8 Software again, or give me death., or did my SFL come with 2.4? ... in anycase..... BAH. more money on modes that you already still dont need as everyone is firing way to damn fast these days, and on products that don't really justify the means for the amount spent on them...

(slow echo...)
"Stoooooccckkk Classssss Pummppppppeerrrssssss"

-baller

BigEvil
05-28-2005, 06:39 AM
I hear so many people gripe about their emags not being able to keep up with the newer guns. Along comes a great oportunity and no one really seems interested. I am shocked.

BigEvil
05-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Here is the thread from the TAG forums.

E/X-mag drop in board? (http://www.theangelguy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21748#post21748)

Bob also mentioned something interesting about possibly just flashing the Predator code onto a stock AGD board.

Interesting.

Lets show some interest.

GT
05-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Search my old posts. All you need is a mid harness except with the selnoid, since it is connected directly to the emag board. I have no clue why any of our electronics savy dealers has yet to make a $2.00 mid harness and sell it for 20. By God if I had the time I would have started pumping these out last year.

BigEvil
05-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Search my old posts. All you need is a mid harness except with the selnoid, since it is connected directly to the emag board. I have no clue why any of our electronics savy dealers has yet to make a $2.00 mid harness and sell it for 20. By God if I had the time I would have started pumping these out last year.

WHats a "MID" harness?

Automaggot68
05-29-2005, 12:28 PM
firmware wont cost that much

The most i would pay for it is 60 with fast shipping both to him and back and the work on the gun.

but really i would jest stick with the regular board.

jest never liked the fact of useing aftermarket parts on a mag

Says the dude with a fireblade.

Deltree
05-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Here is the thread from the TAG forums.

E/X-mag drop in board? (http://www.theangelguy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21748#post21748)

Bob also mentioned something interesting about possibly just flashing the Predator code onto a stock AGD board.

Interesting.

Lets show some interest.
I'm not entirely certain but I'm reasonably sure that Jay said something about the emag board not having a lot of storage capacity for lots of software. I'll try and dig up the quote but not all the predator code is likely to fit onto an emag board.

Automaggot68
05-29-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm not entirely certain but I'm reasonably sure that Jay said something about the emag board not having a lot of storage capacity for lots of software. I'll try and dig up the quote but not all the predator code is likely to fit onto an emag board.

Im pretty sure it was Miscue saying that in Jay's thread.

Deltree
05-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Im pretty sure it was Miscue saying that in Jay's thread.
Either way. It's not as important as to who said it as much as it is important that what was said is true.

Automaggot68
05-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Either way. It's not as important as to who said it as much as it is important that what was said is true.
OH I agree. Im just bored man.

BigEvil
05-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Check out the thread at TAG. I have the link in one of my posts above. After thinking about it Bob pretty much said that a new board is the way to go.

Those little Predators are mighty powerful.

johnson88
05-29-2005, 01:09 PM
if i had the money i would deftinaly be game

GT
05-29-2005, 01:31 PM
WHats a "MID" harness?

Basically a harness that is plug and play with all the emag connections, less the 'noid. If one day your pred needs updating or is not acting right you can pull the pred and mid harness out and drop your stock board back in. I think taking off the grip frame screws would take more time than actually swapping boards.

BigEvil
05-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Basically a harness that is plug and play with all the emag connections, less the 'noid. If one day your pred needs updating or is not acting right you can pull the pred and mid harness out and drop your stock board back in. I think taking off the grip frame screws would take more time than actually swapping boards.

HMMMMM... Interesting. SO basically your saying its a harness that you can just use instead of cutting and soldering wires?

Ill take one. $$$$

GT
05-29-2005, 02:54 PM
HMMMMM... Interesting. SO basically your saying its a harness that you can just use instead of cutting and soldering wires?

Ill take one. $$$$

Sure,
problem is I have no idea what the different connectors are called. Otherwise I would have gone to mouser and made these already.

TheTramp
05-29-2005, 02:58 PM
If it kept the LED disply then I'd probably pay $150 or so for it. I don't like trigger programing personaly.

Being able to add eyes at a later date would be a nice feature.

Teamslayer76
05-29-2005, 03:01 PM
If it kept the LED disply then I'd probably pay $150 or so for it. I don't like trigger programing personaly.

Being able to add eyes at a later date would be a nice feature.

Defintly. Tramp I compelty agree with you. Took the words out of my mouth.

Psycho Chicken
05-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I'd be all about it, just tell me when and where.

herb

BigEvil
05-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Sure,
problem is I have no idea what the different connectors are called. Otherwise I would have gone to mouser and made these already.

What info do you need? Maybe I can help.

CoolHand
05-29-2005, 06:19 PM

Because its not that simple.

And even if it was, each of those harnesses (the Morlock uses a highrose, and the EMag uses a JST IIRC) has to be crimped with a proprietary crimper, which will cost anywhere from $150 to $500 depending on how generous the company feels.

I guarantee that you will have way more than $2 a piece in them, even if you build hundreds.

But like I said, its not that simple.

BigEvil
05-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Because its not that simple.

And even if it was, each of those harnesses (the Morlock uses a highrose, and the EMag uses a JST IIRC) has to be crimped with a proprietary crimper, which will cost anywhere from $150 to $500 depending on how generous the company feels.

I guarantee that you will have way more than $2 a piece in them, even if you build hundreds.

But like I said, its not that simple.

I was waiting for that Coolhand :wow:

CoolHand
05-29-2005, 09:09 PM
I was waiting for that Coolhand :wow:

Hey, I'd be all for a drop in board. It would make my installs miles easier. I will be the first to tell you that any work on an EMag is a PITA. Its just not as easy as whipping up a $2 harness and swapping some plugs. If it was that easy, I wouldn't loath doing EMags so much.

But like I said, go for it, a drop in would make things way easier for everyone (technically enclined or otherwise), and if done correctly, there would be little soldering to do for the basic install.

I going to go out on a limb here, and say that Curt will never bother with an LCD display. He has been on record many times stating that he finds them unecessary, and expensive, two things which he strives to eliminate from his boards (just look at everything that KM2 produces). I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.

Otherwise, I think its a good idea, IF you can find 50 people who will preorder, prepay, and then patiently undergo the enevitable two or three month wait. It would be a real bad deal to get 50 orders, and then three months later the boards are done and delivered, and you are stuck, having refunded 85% of the money to folks who could not abide the wait. That's the kind of thing that can sink a fellow, and is one of the reasons why I have not suggested this before.

But since its not my money at risk this time, I say go for it. It is a good idea, if everything stays lined up in the mean time, it should go well for you.

Good luck. :cheers:

GT
05-29-2005, 09:30 PM
has to be crimped with a proprietary crimper, which will cost anywhere from $150 to $500 depending on how generous the company feels.

So.....

It sounds like you have gotten as far as I have, we just dont know. Who crimps the connectors on AGD's boards? Who crimps the connectors on KM2's boards? This is one thing I loath about AO, when you want to get something done it seems in number of cases that the simplest of tasks is nearly impossible.

CoolHand
05-29-2005, 10:12 PM
So.....

It sounds like you have gotten as far as I have, we just dont know. Who crimps the connectors on AGD's boards? Who crimps the connectors on KM2's boards? This is one thing I loath about AO, when you want to get something done it seems in number of cases that the simplest of tasks is nearly impossible.

Its not impossible, it just takes time and costs money.

KM2 likely has a crimper of their own, which I would wager they paid a good deal for. I'd imagine TAG has one as well, as would AGD (or whoever did their boards). You can also buy precrimped lead wires from Mouser or DigiKey if you know the exact part number of the connector they are going in, but be prepared to pay upwards of $2 for each wire. For a 12 or 16 point harness, that could get pretty pricey.

I am fairly sure that the AGD boards use a JST connector, but I am only about 85% on that. It looks like a JST, but on the board I have, there is no part number (or really any markings at all) on the connectors.

I know for sure that KM2 uses HighRose connectors on the Morlocks, and JST's on the Pred II's.

The problem is not AO. The problem is that no one is going to hand the information to you in a neatly formatted file. You will have to go do the leg work and figure it out.

These guys that design boards don't just call up the chip manufacturer and say "Hey, I'm thinking of using this chip on my product which will be built in insanely small runs. Take an hour out of your day and find all the information that I could possibly need and send it to me. Please flag all pertinent points so I don't miss anything."

It doesn't work that way. Those guys bust their humps and find the info they need on their own. Its all out there, you just gotta look.

GT
05-29-2005, 10:28 PM
The problem is that no one is going to hand the information to you in a neatly formatted file. You will have to go do the leg work and figure it out.

You are absolutely right. The problem is that I would rather spend my time doing things that have a higher pay-off in my life, and chasing down part numbers is not one of them. I did something that took even less time, sold my emag for the possibility of owning something that can easily use cheaterware. My hope with the emag lies in Jay's hand as he attempts to run through a new version of the emags software.

CoolHand
05-30-2005, 02:45 AM
You are absolutely right. The problem is that I would rather spend my time doing things that have a higher pay-off in my life, and chasing down part numbers is not one of them. I did something that took even less time, sold my emag for the possibility of owning something that can easily use cheaterware. My hope with the emag lies in Jay's hand as he attempts to run through a new version of the emags software.

Oh, I agree totally. That is why I haven't done this myself, its not a wise use of limited time or resources.

I have the ability to stuff a Pred Morlock into them, so that is what I do, and even that is a PITA that I don't relish but, hey, work is work, and the install fee is almost high enough to make up for the irritation. Now, putting break beams on an EMag, that is a whole different taco, one which I will not undertake anymore. Its way too much work for the money you make out of it, and even when it is done its not a clean as I would like (I hate sending stuff out the door that I wouldn't want to keep as my own). It ends up with so many wires running around between the frame and the rail that it's kinda like a broken table lamp that's been stuck back together with crazy glue. If you look at goofy, a wire's getting cut.

I appreciate a man who knows what his time is worth, what irritates me is the 500 random kids who have migrated to AO who feel that all info should be free and provided at their whim, so that they may undertake any project without actually having to know anything at all. This is something I cannot stand. I lose more and more faith in the youth of today everytime I have a kid ask for a Pred DIY kit, and then in the very same email ask if I can teach them how to solder . . . . . . . . . over AIM.

BigEvil
05-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Oh, I agree totally. That is why I haven't done this myself, its not a wise use of limited time or resources.

One of the reasons I was inquing about a 'drop-in' Predator board. (Well, as drop-in as it can be)

I appreciate a man who knows what his time is worth, what irritates me is the 500 random kids who have migrated to AO who feel that all info should be free and provided at their whim, so that they may undertake any project without actually having to know anything at all. This is something I cannot stand. I lose more and more faith in the youth of today everytime I have a kid ask for a Pred DIY kit, and then in the very same email ask if I can teach them how to solder . . . . . . . . . over AIM.

Send them this link and tell them to s.t.f.u. (http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/solderfaq.htm) :rofl:

...I know dealing with the pubecent public must suck. I am really surprised that Stuff like this hasn't driven the cottage industry completely away. But like you said, the bottom line is that you have to make enough money for it to be worth your while. I myself have picked your brain on a few occations. I also know that in the proccess of trying to educate myself and not make costly mistakes, that others from whom I am trying to gain knowledge from have. I try to make up for this by buying more stuff from you. Although I know it may take a few more days to get to me than if I bought somewhere else, I already have a realtionship with you, know that you have taken time out of your busy day to answer my e-mails, and i would much rather give you my money. I bought my first mag somewhere around 95' because when I started making calls to manufacturers to ask questions, AGD was the ONLY one that took a few minutes with me on the phone. WGP hung up on me. The company who made the F1 illlustrator (I forget who) kept transfering me.

Now as far as a Drop in Predator board goes..... (Back on subject) :clap:

BigEvil
05-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Here is what Bob from TAG has had to say:

"Find me 50 people that will preorder and I will start the run of our Emag design"

"..our target price for all of our boards is in the 160 range. 100 for the code and 60 for the delivery system."

"So...yea.....get the interest and lets find out what features and desires are needed by the owners and we can start the ball rolling. I will run 100 of these and that is it. Why a short number? I have one tech at my shop that can handle the tech support for your mags and I will not run a project that we cannot devote the same type of tech support to that we offer our other clients. I think that is the fair way to do it.

If I see the interest I will the guys throw up a preorder link and we will go from there. Once we have about 50 gone I will run the order. If we cannot meet that demand then we will just make the refunds. We have a new board house and they have delivered all of our new projects in 3 weeks on the dot. This gives us a week for programming and testing each board before it is shipped.

Do you think the user would like the ability to use break beam eyes? Should we include a port on the board for that as well? Our current design only offers reflective eye logic or EYE off mode"

I realize that folks will start beating their chest about how the mag does not need break beam eye with L10 or the stock product is best but we look at the overall needs of an individual product and its owner. When we look at a project we never take the position of "its the best product made so it does not need anything to make it better". If this was the case we would all have sore index fingers from cocking our nelspots.

Do you need all of our firing modes? Naaaa. But if you plan on playing CFOA and PSP they might help. If you play where the sky is the limit then rock and roll baby. For those that start whining about shooting anything other than true semi is destroying the sport please complain somewhere else because I stopped listening as soon as I had a chance to watch a 15bps ramping game. Times are changing and why not take your favorite gun with you? For the recond my mags work every time I take them out and that sounds like a great gun to rely on in ANY situation.....right?

So lets see if we can get some interest. If we cant.....no problem. I will still do it eventually

For those that want to start a cheerleading attack because someone else is coming out with a board or code we dont want to hear that either. Our products are designed for a specific player/owner so we are not concerned with what other people are doing. We are only concerned with how ours performs and that we can offer the support that is needed to keep our clients happy."

CoolHand
05-30-2005, 03:21 PM
That's great. :headbang:

I'm a TAG dealer/installer too, so the available techs to work on a possible EMag board are doubled. :ninja:

I will talk to Bob and see about maybe offering an AO discount on the PreOrders. Sort of an incentive to build the initial order.

How'd that be?

BigEvil
05-30-2005, 06:03 PM
That's great. :headbang:

I'm a TAG dealer/installer too, so the available techs to work on a possible EMag board are doubled. :ninja:

I will talk to Bob and see about maybe offering an AO discount on the PreOrders. Sort of an incentive to build the initial order.

How'd that be?

That would be so great that if i werent such a homophobe id fly out to Missouri and kiss you.

CoolHand
05-30-2005, 07:04 PM
That would be so great that if i werent such a homofobe id fly out to Missouri and kiss you.

LMAO

:rofl:

BigEvil
05-31-2005, 07:14 AM
I cant believe out of 525 views only about 40 people have voted. :nono:

BigEvil
05-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Here is al list of features for the Predator Morlock: (Predator II is the same only the connectors are a little different). A drop-in board for the emags will be similar, but with perhaps a few more or less features.

Marker too slow? Tired of having reflective eyes, or no eyes at all?
Tired of that guy with the ramping marker always out shooting you?

Your troubles are over.

Enter the Predator II. The most advanced board ever to grace the frame
of a paintball marker. Able to run any single 'noid marker, the
the Pred II is as versatile as it is advanced.

Instant boot-up No delay in firing the marker once the on/off switch has been activated.
Trigger sampled asynchronously The predator does not "sample" the trigger as other boards do.
Built in accessory port This will trigger a hopper or other feeding device.
Simple trigger programming No need to remove the grips to make slight corrections in programming.
The board has a built in tournament lock to eliminate the trigger programming.
9volt battery operation Easy to find and never needs recharging.
Multiple firing modes Standard Modes:
Semi Auto
Full Auto
Auto Response

AFA Modes (board must be in semi for these to be selected):
1 = No enhancements (default)
2 = AFA 1 (AntiTriggerBounce drops slowly)
3 = AFA 2 (ATB drops rapidly and shots are added)
4 = AFA 3 (First 3 shots are semi, the 4th shot is full auto until the trigger is released.
If the trigger is released for more than 1 second the cycle starts over again.)
5 = AFA 4 (limited rate of fire tournament mode) The first 3 shots are standard semi
then on the 4th shot the gun will ramp to 15bps as long as the trigger is being held.
If the trigger is released for more than 1 second the cycle starts over again.
6 = AFA 5 (Full auto first shot then smooth ramping)
7 = AFA 6 (Full auto first shot then fast ramping)

To change a firing mode the tournament lock must be turned off on the board.
You must then enter program mode by turning the gun on while holding the trigger.
It is then necessary to pull the trigger 7 times to enter register 7 (afa) and finally
select the AFA mode you wish to use. Before the new mode can be used the gun must either
be turned off and back on or you must enter register 1 mode 1 for the board to reset itself.
We have made this slightly difficult for a reason. Unlike many other custom board
manufacturers we do not produce "cheater" boards regardless of your teams status in the industry.

Ultra fine "anti trigger bounce" settings More trigger control that any other board in the industry.
Anti Bolt Stick You control the dwell increase and the time it takes to activate.
Dual EYE capable Reflective or Break Beam. You get more options with a Predator.
Life Time Upgrades It takes only a minute for us to exchange your board with with
the newest OS. No need to purchase upgrades.

I put one of these in my Angel LED and it WILL out shoot anything on the field. That includes my cousins A4 and my friends Shocker. This board is simply amazing.

The Predator Morlock is a DIY kit. It is made for universal aplication. So basically, you have to figure it out, and at your own risk.

What I proposed to TAG, the people who make it, is a ready-to-go-drop-in board for the Emag series of paintball guns. This eliminates many of the difficulties that are inherent to wiring an emag, such as the HES, the Xmag ACE, and the fact that AGD decided to ground everything to the frame.

Plus, it will aslo support BREAK-BEAM EYES. Of course, you would have to get the machine work done for this, but if you are willing to live with the LVL10 or have an XMAG with the ACE then you wouldnt need to do anything else other than open up your grip frame and plug the board in.

I have been nothing but impressed with this product and am drooling over putting one in one of my mags. I have another Predator Morlock DIY kit on the way for my e-tac. If TAG makes a drop in board, I will be ordering one for my Xmag

BigEvil
06-01-2005, 04:34 AM
Bump for today,

Lets get some interest.. Coolhand wants to offer a 10% discount fo AO memembers on al Pre-orders.!!

Lets go!!!!!

DrHistrysMistrys
06-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Yes that is going to stay :rolleyes:

A-Tach-One
06-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Ya, drop in board, I have cash now! :D Predator board rips!

Siress
06-02-2005, 08:25 PM
All of you interested do realize that posting "Count me in! WOOOO!" fifty times isn't what it's going to take. There must be 50 people, at least, paying for it in advance before it's even made. It doesn't seem fair though does it? Now look at it from TAG's point of view, 50 kids/guys say they'll take it so he dumps all that cash to get it done. Then the time for those 50 to pay up comes and they cop out. Now he's left with a HUGE waste of money and time. I'm shocked he'd do it for as few as 50 pre-orders.

I guess what I'm trying to say is either someone start a record of who will 99% for sure pay up when the time comes and as soon as you have 75 people on that list start calling them and telling them to send their money to TAG. And realize to that if to few orders show up at TAG then you will lose the cost of them having to get a money order and shipping it back to you or the pay pal fee of the transactions. They're already wasting time, no way in heck would they waste money to boot.

Another thing I see as an issue is that darn hall-effect sensor and the break beam eye milling. But all in due time.

-Siress

smilestyler
06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
At any price, this is a much better deal imo than sending an expensive marker to someone to get software flashed. Count me in, unless it takes a year to become reality. By then I may not have an emag, or have gotten some other software etc.

BigEvil
06-03-2005, 04:21 AM
All of you interested do realize that posting "Count me in! WOOOO!" fifty times isn't what it's going to take. There must be 50 people, at least, paying for it in advance before it's even made. It doesn't seem fair though does it? Now look at it from TAG's point of view, 50 kids/guys say they'll take it so he dumps all that cash to get it done. Then the time for those 50 to pay up comes and they cop out. Now he's left with a HUGE waste of money and time. I'm shocked he'd do it for as few as 50 pre-orders.

I guess what I'm trying to say is either someone start a record of who will 99% for sure pay up when the time comes and as soon as you have 75 people on that list start calling them and telling them to send their money to TAG. And realize to that if to few orders show up at TAG then you will lose the cost of them having to get a money order and shipping it back to you or the pay pal fee of the transactions. They're already wasting time, no way in heck would they waste money to boot.

Another thing I see as an issue is that darn hall-effect sensor and the break beam eye milling. But all in due time.

-Siress

If you read through all of those posts ny Bob at TAG, he says he already has it designed. :dance: :dance:

LS1 WS6
06-03-2005, 11:58 AM
So, what actually needs to happen to get this done? Who would start to take pre-orders. I would not mind pre-ordering something if I knew approximately how long it would take.

Does anyboy know who I would talk to about milling my Karta body for eyes if this goes through? About how much would I be looking at for milling?

BigEvil
06-03-2005, 12:32 PM
So, what actually needs to happen to get this done? Who would start to take pre-orders. I would not mind pre-ordering something if I knew approximately how long it would take.

Does anyboy know who I would talk to about milling my Karta body for eyes if this goes through? About how much would I be looking at for milling?

Keep your eyes on www.theangelguy.com for the pre-order page. It should be up in a day or two. Also, The TAG guys can dot he milling as well, drop them a line. I think they charged me like $55 to mill the holes and drill and tap for the covers on my Angel LED.

Oh, and he said it would take exactly 3 weeks to get the borads made and back to him for programing. So figure 4-5 weeks once he orders them.

Siress
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I talked with Bob about this today and it will defiantly happen. I heard the number of the first run so if you want one you better jump in quick. You will be getting more than you bargand for, that's for sure.

Now the race is on for the e-mag board and the halo board...Gentlemen, start your tracers!

-Siress

n8do99
06-08-2005, 05:02 PM
put me down for 1

LS1 WS6
06-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I have not seen anything on TAG yet. :(

BigEvil
06-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I have not seen anything on TAG yet. :(

Yeah I know Me

Bob assures me that it will happen soon. I think they have a bunch of things going on at the same time. Better to wait a bit than to half-*** something like this.

I will keep everyone updated as new info becomes available.

TheTramp
06-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I read the discription you posted but had a hard time finding the answer I was looking for. Perhaps you could clear it up.

Will this board support the existing LED display or have it's own display? It doesn't look like it but I'm hoping I read things wrong.

PRPB
06-10-2005, 10:43 AM
I read the discription you posted but had a hard time finding the answer I was looking for. Perhaps you could clear it up.

Will this board support the existing LED display or have it's own display? It doesn't look like it but I'm hoping I read things wrong.

There will be no diplay at all. It's going to use LED like in the DM4/5.

"So here is the feature list so far so correct me if I missed something or included something that is not needed:"
1. Direct drop in
2. 3 pin JST eye harness for break beam eye installs
3. Interface for top board for xmags
4. No LED screen ( we will use the same LED that is in the dm4 boards )
5. Top button on grip will be power
6. Bottom button on grip will be eye
7. Power pin can still be used for safety
8. 4 dips switches on board that are programmable (tournament lock etc)
9. "speaker" on board for extras? Still deciding on this one
10. "your input" here

TheTramp
06-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Crap. Oh well. :(

BigEvil
06-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Crap. Oh well. :(

IF Its like the DM4 board, it wont be all that bad. It will have a 2 (or 3) color led. TAG has a vid up on their sight on how to program their DM4 board. Having a multicolor led as opposed to the single color is a major improvment.

I will try to find that vid in a bit.

PRPB
06-10-2005, 12:03 PM
IF Its like the DM4 board, it wont be all that bad. It will have a 2 (or 3) color led. TAG has a vid up on their sight on how to program their DM4 board. Having a multicolor led as opposed to the single color is a major improvment.

Here is the video
http://www.tagsportz.com/predator/videos/WMDProgramming.mov

TheTramp
06-10-2005, 01:26 PM
...Having a multicolor led as opposed to the single color is a major improvment.

I think you're right. I hate dealing with a board that has tons of features but only has a simple blinking light to program it. Two lights could make things a lot easier. This possible good news could put it back on my "need to get" list.

BigEvil
06-10-2005, 01:52 PM
I think you're right. I hate dealing with a board that has tons of features but only has a simple blinking light to program it. Two lights could make things a lot easier. This possible good news could put it back on my "need to get" list.

Believe it or not that little blinking light aint that bad to program. I have A predator Morlock and its not hard to get used to at all.

A multi-colored LED looks alot easier though...

TheTramp
06-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Believe it or not that little blinking light aint that bad to program. I have A predator Morlock and its not hard to get used to at all.

A multi-colored LED looks alot easier though...

I'll have to take your word for it as I've only used a WAS with the LED. Nightmare compared to an LCD IMHO.

LS1 WS6
06-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Alright everyone, go order NOW!!! I just ordered mine, that means only 49 more. Please don't wait, lets make this happen. It will be so easy to install and our guns will be up to par with the best of them.

GO TO TAG AND ORDER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :clap: :headbang: :bounce: :dance: :cheers:

PRPB
06-11-2005, 06:56 AM
48 :D

:shooting: :dance: :shooting:

rifleman wi
06-11-2005, 07:54 AM
47 :shooting:

BigEvil
06-11-2005, 10:55 AM
47 :shooting:

Archangel Zer0
06-11-2005, 11:12 AM

BigEvil
06-11-2005, 11:18 AM
im hoping this doesnt take too long to get the ball rolling

me

:cheers:

thomas
06-11-2005, 03:01 PM

atm743
06-11-2005, 03:06 PM
really why would you pay 200 bucks for a new board when rrfireblade may have a new update with the same stuff or better stuff than the tag board??

and if you really want eyes jest find a ace board. i saw some on ao a while ago for 40 bucks and really you have level 10 no need for eyes.

i would rather pay 35 bucks for an update than paying 200 bucks for one.

soo if i had 200 bucks i was thinking on wich to get i would take rrfireblades update and use the left over 165 and build a mech mag

nastymag
06-11-2005, 03:42 PM
well its only 130 bucks , while rrfirblade it would be around 40-60 ( i think) ...so i really dont see how the pred board is a bad deal

rifleman wi
06-11-2005, 03:57 PM
and it supports break beams :shooting:

atm743
06-11-2005, 04:17 PM
and it supports break beams :shooting:

but level 10???

why would you spend lots of $$$ on eyes when you have level 10

all you need is custom cut the large spring or get a old school pre cut level 10 spring and the bolt will jest tap the paint

rifleman wi
06-11-2005, 04:21 PM
break beams stall the gun for a few miliseconds the lx has to chuff and reset taking longer..also the lvl 7 is a bit more efficiant than the lvl 10 .. and there better than the agd Ace... thats atleast the reason i want them.. and its not that much compaired to $400 i was going to pay for instalitation.. this will cost around half that with the eyes installed..

LS1 WS6
06-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Fireware might not ever happen. Read his post and he is rethinking the idea due to liabilaty. No way would It be as good as a Predator board. Predator has so many features the the stock Mag board could never compete. It does not have the space needed on the board. This board is only 130 and you do not need to send your gun anywhere. Shipping your gun both was would be around $30 or so. I guess what I am trying to say is you would almost have the same amount in Fireware when it is all done and said as you would the Predator board.

I hope Fireware comes out someday, so we all would have another option. I do not feel there is much of a comparison when it comes to the features offered. Don't wait go order the Predator NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

bunny5
06-11-2005, 06:35 PM
LS1 WS6: Thanks for the information, I was pretty torn when comtemplating buying this. After beach week and I still have some money left I'll be preordering the board. :clap:

smilestyler
06-12-2005, 06:02 PM

AGDlover
06-12-2005, 06:08 PM
I got mine preordered over here :shooting:
http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoIaoTeam.jpg