PDA

View Full Version : IT Bodies

UltraMag527
06-01-2005, 07:37 AM
What is the known issues. Just bough one? ThK's for the replies...

BigEvil
06-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Im not sureif there are any issues that would prevent you from using it. The tollerances probably arent as good as AGDs bodies, but I dont think there are problems.

MicroMiniMe
06-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Some of the issue to check for that have been reported:
(1) No stainless washer and C-clip behind breach where valve/spring operate, causing wear over time. Can be modified to accept a set if not done already.
(2) Tolerances off a hair at feedneck, I think the bolt was hitting the underside of the feedneck because the threads were too low down.

I think those are the big ones. Most came from the first batch they made. Like 50. The later batch was maybe 100 and it was better. These were not made from AGD Sluggo bodies so the tolernaces just arn't quite as good. Still nice bodies if you have a good one or one that was fixed properly.

alooney11
06-02-2005, 03:31 PM
My bud has been using one for a while no probs as of yet.

TMAXXKING1
06-03-2005, 01:20 AM
i had 2 of those bodies ...

1. the front frame screw is a different size then an agd stock frame screw

2.best way to solve that is to tap new threads and use a helicoil..

3. 3/32 if i am not mistaken..

the front frame screw hole that they use is real soft and i have heard of a few ending up with stripped threads ..

that why i did the helicoil..

c clip was in the 2 bodies i had ..

there not to hard to find if you dont have one tunman should have them..

detents are cocker threads

feedneck is angel threads .. :cheers:

Eric Of Extreme Measures
06-03-2005, 09:46 PM
I was just at AONE with Tuna and he mention the Feedneck issues. they were short lived but some bodies still do float around. you can see wear in the body when you buy one and notice if the bolt has been grinding the body.

Others mention also that in time they will work themselves out too.

They didnt come with the clip and people used them with out the clip and HAMMERED THE SNOT out of the body.

as long as it has the clip, your set.

the bolt in the bodies of the newer made one are same as all the AGD bolts.

And finally remember this. feedneck is angel, detents are COCKER. yes there is a difference, dont force angel detents in, they wont reach and you will screw up the threads.

Eric

UltraMag527
06-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys for your replies...

UltraMag527
06-04-2005, 06:55 AM
I was just at AONE with Tuna and he mention the Feedneck issues. they were short lived but some bodies still do float around. you can see wear in the body when you buy one and notice if the bolt has been grinding the body.

Others mention also that in time they will work themselves out too.

They didnt come with the clip and people used them with out the clip and HAMMERED THE SNOT out of the body.

as long as it has the clip, your set.

the bolt in the bodies of the newer made one are same as all the AGD bolts.

And finally remember this. feedneck is angel, detents are COCKER. yes there is a difference, dont force angel detents in, they wont reach and you will screw up the threads.

Eric

What clip?

n8do99
06-04-2005, 08:02 AM
i had one... when you start hearing the LVL10 kick every now, the washer is starting to go.and when the bolt starts sticking, its done, i would have to say that it is not good for the player that shoots high volumes of paint. but should work good for the once and a while payer.

Skoad
06-04-2005, 08:25 AM
What clip?

in all mag aluminum bodies there is a stainless washer and "clip" ring thing that goes in the back of the body behind the breech to keep the washer in place. It rests against the spring when you got the whole assembly in there. Basically helps the marker from eating itself inside out. It would probably throw the cycle timing as well if you didn't have one.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=373&categoryID=16
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=372&categoryID=0

UltraMag527
06-05-2005, 08:35 AM
in all mag aluminum bodies there is a stainless washer and "clip" ring thing that goes in the back of the body behind the breech to keep the washer in place. It rests against the spring when you got the whole assembly in there. Basically helps the marker from eating itself inside out. It would probably throw the cycle timing as well if you didn't have one.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=373&categoryID=16
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=372&categoryID=0

Easiest way to replace? I saw the washer and the clip, but it looks like it could be replaced not sure. Best be safe then sorry....

MicroMiniMe
06-05-2005, 09:24 AM
If you see them in there and there is no play or movement of the washer, just leave it. Otherwise you'll need some dental picks and some patience to pry out the c clip. Otherwise a good anodizing bath will eat them up and they fall out if you are coloring/recoloring your marker.