PDA

View Full Version : Vertical foregrip

blockarm50
11-27-2001, 05:11 PM
i have a classic mag and was wondering the best way to put on a foregrip. please be specific. Thanks.

Thordic
11-27-2001, 05:29 PM
The stock rail already has a vert. adapter hole partially drilled out. All you need to do is finish drilling the hole. According to Rob, the best tool would be a drift press, but since we aren't all machinists, and since I have no idea what the hell a drift press is, the next best thing is a drill press, or a drill and a steady hand.

Just finish the hole and you should be set to install a vert. adapter, which you can then screw the foregrip of your choice into.

PyRo
11-27-2001, 05:29 PM
Their is a partially drilled out hole in the body rail. You need to drill it all the way through. You can then attach a forgrip, vertical adapter, or forgrip exenteder. If you just put a forgrip on directly you have to use a standard automag forgrip. There are many of them out there.
If you put on a vertical adapter, you can use forgrips with co2 threads.
If you use a forgrip extender you also need a regular automag forgrip, but it will be a little further foward. Or you could put a VA on the extender, and use a Co2 threaded forgrip on it.

Your decision of what you like best.

Thordic
11-27-2001, 05:32 PM
Tom, stop following me around and repeating what I said just so you can bring up your post count :)

PyRo
11-27-2001, 05:38 PM
I am not, i started typing before you made that post. You just finished before me.
My post is chocked full of info, while yours is just a little wussie one to bring up your count.