PDA

View Full Version : A Spin on Stock Class playing

jenarelJAM
06-01-2005, 10:46 PM
A friend of mine had a great idea to get people started on a paintball-ish sport. Nerf wars! He set up a website with info and stuff about the event, charging $10 for admission and a nerf gun, and has about 20+ people coming. $10 covers the gun(get to keep it) nerf projectiles(homemade) bunkers, food, etc. He doesn't want me posting the link because then he'd have bandwidth problems, but what do you guys think?
Pics of the gun and the field:

usmc8892
06-01-2005, 11:01 PM
pretty cool, how far will those go, and do they hit hard enough that you would know you were hit ?

jenarelJAM
06-01-2005, 11:09 PM
he says they go 50-60 feet. he modifies the nerf guns himself, and the homemade darts are heavier, therefore go farther. It's all friends, i'm pretty sure that everyone is playing for laughs and isnt caught up in the game so much that they cant tell when they're hit. also, the homemade dart have a fishing weight in them.

usmc8892
06-01-2005, 11:12 PM
well good luck, been thinking about picking some nerf guns up for my kids, they are still a little young for paintball, but nerf ought to be about right.

edweird
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
to bad nerf dont make the Vector guns anymore... they used to fire a spinning disk that goes further than any other handheld nerf gun to date and with pretty good velocity.

think the airfoil rounds from splintercell without the railgun like oomph

Linkwarner
06-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Me and my friends still have nerf wars, and I am 17.... Its still fun, almost like a indoor speedball, without breaking anything usually.... I am stupid I know, if only you lived closer, I would go to your event.

Jaan
06-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Too bad they don't sell Lawn Darts anymore, those were fun to throw at each other :argh:

Linkwarner
06-02-2005, 02:52 AM
I still have my lawn darts, those suckers really hurt your feet, or your head... never had that happen though, but it did pierce my foot!

Jaan
06-02-2005, 03:21 AM
I still have my lawn darts, those suckers really hurt your feet, or your head... never had that happen though, but it did pierce my foot!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... those things are illegal now (for obvious reasons), so don't try to sell them on eBay ;)

zeroack
06-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Looks like a typical weekend at our house. I have four children. We all have those nerf rigs. Have you modded it yet? You take out the safty mech and air restricter, then strech the spring. Much better. However we build stuff up and play full games. It's a blast.

Zero

lord1234
06-02-2005, 02:32 PM
i put holes in our pools liner with lawn darts..fun fun...

Jackel411
06-02-2005, 02:57 PM
I used to do this many years ago like 90-91.. it was cool until my father relized that he could force a nerf arrow ( the big 12 inch kind ) over the end of is Tippmann Pro-Am's barrel.. then is was just a bunch of kids running around and my father picking off people..

No paint was used just a blast of co2 and an arrow.. hehe..

can'tthink of1
06-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Me and an no-longer-friend would have nerf wars in his house, fun times indeed. He always got the better gun thou, and I always lost, but was a blast thou.

PsychoBaller
06-03-2005, 12:35 AM
I still remember the theme song..... ".... itt'ssss NERF! boooowww and arroooowwwwwww...."

I had every single weapon u could think of, and I do believe i have some of them left in a box in my basement at home somewhere...