PDA

View Full Version : How many volts is an emag batery?

Alpha
06-01-2005, 10:48 PM
A lot of people like the big battery pack on emags, a lot of people don't. Unfortunetly, I'm one of those that don't.

I had a crazy idea.. Why not feed the power from a remote source? How about getting an empire tank cover, and rigging a battery from there, run it via wire through where you'd run the intellifeed cable, and to the input that way?

I've never played around with an emag.. I'd like to look at the guts to see if I could do anything.

I still need money. I have like 2 or 3 projects I want to get done this summer. WIll work for mag parts.

EDIT: 18 volts... A pair of 9 volts could do the trick.

magman007
06-01-2005, 11:01 PM
actually its even easier than you are making it out to be, many people have done it before. just take the back out of the casing, and wire it up, slip it into your tank cover and go from there. not too hard. put foregrip of choice, cut off over hang of grip frame and you are good to go.

White_Noise
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
you may run into problems with 9volts draining too quickly. i believe that an emag battery is in essence 14 AAA batteries if im not mistaken.

t33kyboy
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
That is a very original idea!

edit: too slow :(

Alpha
06-01-2005, 11:05 PM
u.u;

I was thinking of maybe gutting a foregrip or something, but thats too much work adn not enough juice. I was also thinking of sucking batteries from the hopper, but again, not enough juice to go around.

Beemer
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey go here http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=176528

Watch VID 1 and VID 2

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/SigPic.jpg

Jaan
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
I do that kind of stuff for a living. A mod like that isn't hard at all and I do it all the time. If you had rechargeable cells you can spot weld the cells in many different arrangements ... just make up the battery pack any which way you want. Have the cells arranged in a semi circle and mounted into a zip up pocket that you made in the tank cover for example. Also, keep in mind that it's not only voltage you need to worry about, but ampere hours too. It all depends on what you want to do.