PDA

View Full Version : Tac-3

richie
06-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Or just three tacs,either way.Here is a pic of my two projects as of now and my son's stock tac one.Both of the "E-TACS" are actually mechanical.They are gutted e mag frames with RT-PRO sears,home grown ULE rails.I have all the electronics to make one an E-Tac.I have plans on getting the both coated before the end of the year with DURA TUFF epoxy coating.I'll let you know how that goes.I have a Q-loader set up going on the greenish black one with the stock that is mounted in a set of scope rings on a custom mount.Post pics later.Hope you like :)

thejesus
06-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Or just three tacs,either way.Here is a pic of my two projects as of now and my son's stock tac one.Both of the "E-TACS" are actually mechanical.They are gutted e mag frames with RT-PRO sears,home grown ULE rails.I have all the electronics to make one an E-Tac.I have plans on getting the both coated before the end of the year with DURA TUFF epoxy coating.I'll let you know how that goes.I have a Q-loader set up going on the greenish black one with the stock that is mounted in a set of scope rings on a custom mount.Post pics later.Hope you like :)

I really like the one with the stock, looks somewhat like an FN FAL. You could alway buy an M4 Carbine clip and put it where the e-mag battery pack goes. Then again, that would probably alarm some people.

richie
06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Naw I'll just leave it the way it is.It kinda looks real yet it doesn't look real :tard: Besides the battery housing fits it just right.I do not want to have to go making another mount for a rifle magazine.I have a VM-68 begging for some attention too.

rkjunior303
06-02-2005, 03:35 PM
All it needs is one of the Micro-E battery housings!

Coray
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Very nice!

TheTramp
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I really like the one with the stock. I'd use a non-gutted E-Mag for it but that's just my preference.

paullus99
06-02-2005, 04:23 PM
How'd you construct the barrel housing again? I think you might have posted on it already, but I can't find it & definitely looking to do something similar.

Thanks in advance & nice Tac's!

richie
06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
The one with the stock will be a working Emag when all the parts come in.The barrel housing is made from an air filter inner housing from an Echo PB-400 backpack blower($4) and the end of a Toro commercial sprinkler head.It is very simple but has to be made to fit your barrel.The way I attach it,it can only be mounted to an e mag.I am sure with some more creativity it would fit what ever you had.I will get a pic of it up close later.Thanks,Richie

Konigballer
06-03-2005, 12:44 AM
"Naw I'll just leave it the way it is.It kinda looks real yet it doesn't look real"

I agree, I like it when scenario guns have the 'flavor' of real guns, but are'nt total look-a-likes. It's a nice change of pace from all the flashy crap.

"looks somewhat like an FN FAL"

Yeah it does look like a FN FAL carbine, my favorite weapon in Ghost Recon! :headbang:

Paintchucker
06-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Where did the shoulder stock come from? Very creative on the barrel housing btw! Very nice scenario guns! Look kinda real, but not really real... Just like they should. :)

richie
06-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Shoulder stock is made in house also :D

peewee
06-03-2005, 10:32 AM
:eek: DAMN :eek: Those are sweet.

A-Tach-One
06-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Sweet! I like your Tacs! :cheers:

Spec.Ops1
06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Just a suggestion based on results. When you use your e-mag with the buttstock I recommend getting a hopper with a very narrow bottom end and a raised feedned. OR better get get a right or left feed (depending on what hand you shoot with) The reason being is that when you run a buttstock with a center feed the hopper ends up smack dab in the middle of your face and it makes it hard to follow your shots in (or aim ) with people given that you shoulder up your marker properly and not rest it on top of your should like I see so many people do.

Anyway... reason I say this is because we ran into an identical problem when developing our longbow mod for the tac-one.

I dig your mods and props! :clap:

richie
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks spec.ops for the complements.I will be using a q-loader mounted on the left using a mount I made that sits in a set of scope rings.I ordered a vert warp adapter from rouge and will be running it with a very short hose.Visibility should be great.I'll let you know.The longbow deal looks pretty cool by the way.No more paint than I shoot,it would work pretty well for me.Thanks,Richie

Tigwldr
06-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Nice collection you have there.

johnson88
06-04-2005, 07:35 AM
if you have the electronics why not put them in there it would make it so much better lol

richie
06-04-2005, 09:37 AM
I just got all the rest of the electronics yesterday and installed them.All I need now is the battery.Still have to test it with air but it works on the table.Gonna use them next weekend so I have some final adjustments left but pretty much ready to go.

Automaggot68
06-05-2005, 02:32 AM
Looking good.