PDA

View Full Version : ANS Phase II

Aslan
06-03-2005, 03:13 AM
So, I finally got my automag (used) in the mail tonight... :clap: :clap:

Good news, no leaks. :bounce: Bad news, dirtier than I'd keep my guns and the grip on one side is chipped. :(

Now, since my nitro tank isn't full, I hooked up a 7oz CO2 (full) tank to it to see how it fired. First off, VERY cool...good job AGD! ;) :shooting: However, it seemed to not shoot as well after relatively few shots...and I know the tank wasn't low after 10-20 shots. I'm thinking it sounds like a CO2 issue and it can be resolved if I try to fire it with my new nitro tank when I get it filled.

But here's the thing, there's an ANS Phase II thing that looks like an expansion chamber. Now, alot of people here have said that automags work fine with CO2 if you have an expansion chamber. So, either my problem isn't CO2 related or an expansion chamber isn't enough by itself to deal with liquid CO2 OR an ANS Phase II isn't an expansion chamber even though the air lines are going in and coming out and it looks exactly like an expansion chamber. :confused: :confused:

Any words of wisdom? Thanks...

Jaan
06-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Well, I suppose you could clean the gun first, and oil it. There might be a piece of junk in the hose or something. Fill the tank again, maybe you got a bad fill. Try it with a remote hose if you have one. If it works great with a remote hose and CO2, then when you mount the tank unscrew it a hair and try it again ... sometimes the pin inside the ASA is a little too big and restricts the flow of CO2 if it's screwed in all the way. Are you mounting the bottle horizontally? If so, you're getting liquid CO2 regardless unless you have a matched anti-syphon. Is the expansion chamber getting cold? Is the valve getting cold?

Aslan
06-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Well, I suppose you could clean the gun first, and oil it. There might be a piece of junk in the hose or something. Fill the tank again, maybe you got a bad fill. Try it with a remote hose if you have one. If it works great with a remote hose and CO2, then when you mount the tank unscrew it a hair and try it again ... sometimes the pin inside the ASA is a little too big and restricts the flow of CO2 if it's screwed in all the way. Are you mounting the bottle horizontally? If so, you're getting liquid CO2 regardless unless you have a matched anti-syphon. Is the expansion chamber getting cold? Is the valve getting cold?

Thanks for the reply. The expansion chamber and valve are getting cold, yes. And yes, the tank is mounted horizontally. I'm going to test it again tonight after I get my N2 tank filled. If it works flawlessly on N2, problem solved. I also will try to pick up a cheap remote line in case I have to use CO2 with the gun. I just thought it was weird that an expansion chamber doesn't seem to be enough even though some people have posted that nitro/compressed air aren't really necessary, that the mags work just fine on CO2. Maybe I'll do a poll on this topic. :)

Jaan
06-03-2005, 10:22 AM
If you mount the bottle like that, just make it anti-syphon, that's all. Expansion chambers arn't magical (c:

Lefty
06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
What kind of valve is on the gun? Classic valves don't go reactive very offten.

maxama10
06-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the reply. The expansion chamber and valve are getting cold, yes. And yes, the tank is mounted horizontally. I'm going to test it again tonight after I get my N2 tank filled. If it works flawlessly on N2, problem solved. I also will try to pick up a cheap remote line in case I have to use CO2 with the gun. I just thought it was weird that an expansion chamber doesn't seem to be enough even though some people have posted that nitro/compressed air aren't really necessary, that the mags work just fine on CO2. Maybe I'll do a poll on this topic. :)

mags do work on co2 but only classics and mini mags with a classic valve.... in case youre not aware

darrickws
06-03-2005, 01:43 PM
What kind of valve is on the gun? Classic valves don't go reactive very offten.

ANS phase II only go on classic valves.

And it is not an expansion chamber...it is a replacement for back half of valve. Expansion chambers go on front like a gas through grip.

Lefty
06-03-2005, 02:15 PM

And it is not an expansion chamber...it is a replacement for back half of valve. Expansion chambers go on front like a gas through grip.

Very good, however, ANS also made a bolt, exp chamber, valve chamber, and random other parts all called and labeled "ANS PHASE II" so unless we see a pic, its hard to tell what he is talking about.

Jaan
06-03-2005, 02:22 PM

That's what I thought at first, but the original poster said it looked like one, and that there were air lines going in and coming out. That lead me to beleive they had an expansion chamber.

Yes, we need pictures!

Lefty
06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
That's what I thought at first, but the original poster said it looked like one, and that there were air lines going in and coming out. That lead me to beleive they had an expansion chamber.

Yes, we need pictures!

My sediments exactly.

Aslan
06-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Then pictures you shall have...tonight sometime after I stop at the paintball store to stock up for play tommorrow. I'm going to be very tempted to use the mag...especially if it rocks with nitro. :headbang:

You're probably saying "why wouldn't you use it? Well, I've been debating selling a couple guns and I wanted to use a couple of them to see which one I wanted to keep and which one I wanted to sell...but dang it's going to be tempting...I'll probably end up using 4 guns and then I'll have to spend all night cleaning them because I'm anal retentive about that type of thing. I just hope my friend has fun, I'm running out of paintball buddies as more and more of them lose interest or get broke or get too busy. :(

And everybody that said mags are heavy...you guys need grow an arm...the gun is probably lighter than my Spyder Classic...allthough, that Spyder is a beast.

I'll post a pick tonight...so come back and take a look at the thread and let me know. :hail:

darrickws
06-03-2005, 05:39 PM

I stand corrected and looking like a tard :tard:

Anyway....it will rock with HPA instead of Co2...good luck

Aslan
06-03-2005, 10:33 PM

Yes, we need pictures!

Well, I have pictures, but I hit manage attachments and nothing happens...which bites.

Anyways, I tried out the marker with Nitro, seemed to have solved the problem. HOWEVER, I went from 3000psi to 2500 psi after only 50 shots (dry fire). Is that supposed to happen? I put my ear to the mainbody and heard a very faint air sound, maybe a leak...but very faint...almost faint enough to just be regular air sounds.

And if anybody can help me with the picture attachment issues, that would be welcomed as well.

Thanks.

Nevermind, figured out a way to post them. :clap: :headbang: :clap:

Aleis
06-04-2005, 09:23 PM
yup definatly an Expansion chamber,

if you really want to see if the Liquid CO2 is the problem try shoting the gun vertical so the liquid in the tank settles to the bottom, if that solves teh problem then your getting liquid CO2, if not then it's something else.