PDA

View Full Version : Foamie in Bolt

Tigwldr
06-03-2005, 04:21 AM
Is the level 10 the only bolt with the foamie? Or is there another that also has it?

Jaan
06-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Is the level 10 the only bolt with the foamie? Or is there another that also has it?
Really old bolts had them, like early 90's in the now called "Classic" valves. People back then desired them because they were better for winter play ... not as harsh on the ball.

DarkMag722
06-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Yea. My stock valve has a foamie. It is called a bumper. I have a Automag valve no lvl 10 upgrade and I have a bumper. I think all bolts and valves that Automag makes has a bumper.

Vex
06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Yea. My stock valve has a foamie. It is called a bumper. I have a Automag valve no lvl 10 upgrade and I have a bumper. I think all bolts and valves that Automag makes has a bumper.
The bumper is different than the foamie. The bumber is the big flat o-ring that sits at the base of the powertube and keeps the back of the bolt from slamming into the regulator. The foamie is the foam piece attached to the tip of the bolt. Yes, older bolts had foamies on them. You had to glue them in place--which could be a PITA. Some liked them, some didn't.
AGD started making the bolts without the foamie, but still made the foamies available for those who wanted them.

Spacemanvic
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I have 4 different types of bolts:

Level 7

Level 10

32 degrees Venturi bolt with foamie

AGD Foamiless bolt

Jaan
06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Not to be confused with Foamy the Squirrel either :headbang:

yingyang
06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Did they work?

Spacemanvic
06-07-2005, 04:19 PM
All my bolts pretty much worked as advertised, the reason for buying them was to "upgrade" the bolt. Thats the reason why I now have the level 10 bolt.

The level 7 was first, good bolt

The foamiless bolt was good, provided I had decent paint

The venturi bolt was a really good bolt, and had a pencil eraser size foamie in the center, really good with all sorts of paint

The level 10 is so far, an excellent addition. I got to use it in actual play, and despite the humidity, absolutely no ball breaks. Once, I did have a ball get pinched, but the bolt didnt break it :) It backed off the ball as advertised, and the next time i pulled the trigger, out went two balls, and NO BREAKS.

zackzel
06-07-2005, 09:17 PM
I have a level 7 Foamie bolt, works great., seems to be a bit more gentle on paint than the regular bolt, don't know if thats true or if its just a mental thing thinking that the foamie has to be softer then a metal nose.