PDA

View Full Version : Huge Price Difference

RoboTron
06-03-2005, 05:18 AM
Im saving to buy an E-mag and I'm shopping around and I noticed that AGD is selling the e-mag at MSRP- $999.00 but Doro Paintball is selling it for $150 cheaper at $849.00.... is their anything i should look for? Are these the same guns? The Doro doesnt really give any specs but the site is HERE (http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101EQuick/shopexd.asp?id=6357) any help would be appreciated im kinda goin crazy over this shiat :tard:

warbeak2099
06-03-2005, 05:35 AM
The ones on doro are the older emags. They have the older twistlock ss bodies, ss valves, lvl 7 instead of lvl 10, and the older software. airgun.com emags have the ULE bodies, xvalve w/ lvl 10, and the newest software, 3.2. Go to a dealer though. They usually will sell the ule emags for around $800-900. White Wold has em for $850.

http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/agd_marker_pricing.htm

shartley
06-03-2005, 05:45 AM
I just checked the AGD Online Store, and it does not say MSRP $999. MSRP is Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. This should not be confused with what a manufacturer sells an item for on their own site. AGD in fact sells products at higher prices than you can get them for from their dealers. This is so that they don’t undercut their dealers but allow folks to get items when their dealers or local shops don’t have them.

It is fine to use AGD’s Shop to window shop, but to get the best deals find a dealer or local/online paintball shop. You are not ripping AGD off by doing that, but in fact helping them keep dealers/shops in business by moving product…. and by moving AGD product.

The differences pointed out about the markers in question though are correct (in the post above mine). But the price difference is probably not because of those things. They are probably going off of old prices and had them still in stock.

Maggot6
06-03-2005, 05:50 AM
You can get them oh so much cheaper Used...And sense they just don't break I would reccommend it, or if you have 900+ to spend get a used xmag..

RoboTron
06-03-2005, 09:36 AM
You can get them oh so much cheaper Used...And sense they just don't break I would reccommend it, or if you have 900+ to spend get a used xmag..

I have been burned thrice now on used item deals.... im quite afraid of another big purchase

bleachit
06-03-2005, 09:48 AM
give Tunaman a pm if you are really interested. not sure if he has emags, but if he does he is a great guy to deal with.

jenarelJAM
06-03-2005, 07:46 PM
yeah, i was going through exactly what you are when i got my emag... i think i saw that same ad and was wondering too. unfortunately i want registered to AO then so i didnt get all this awesome help. Lucky for me, AGD had black CF emags on sale for $800 for a couple weeks, so i nabbed one. Never looked back...

ClassicMagger
06-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey:

RoboTron- PM me or catch me on AIM: ClassicMagger I'd be happy to hook you up with a new or used E-Mag and/or X-Mag. Or a full package deal for that matter. Just let me know what you are looking for and I'll try and help you out.

Thanks,

-ClassicMagger