PDA

View Full Version : Series of Regulator Tests

AzrealDarkmoonZ
06-03-2005, 02:18 PM
www.ppog.org/results.htm

Anywhere you see mystery reg it refers to the new Fatty Stabalizer. These are all the tests that I feel have a basis in factual results, I have some more but I think they all contained 60hz noise that appeared due to bad transducer/power supply.

Az

TheTramp
06-03-2005, 02:44 PM
The first graph has the Fatty as the light blue and the mystery reg the green. Is there a "newer" Fatty?

I happy to see that the 2-liter still shows the fastest re-charge. I was expecting to see some "tests" that "prooved" that some other reg was faster. This one shows that the Fatty is pretty good and, if the green is a newer Fatty, that it's almost as good as the 2-liter.

FireITup14
06-03-2005, 03:43 PM
those charts all seem to be very close. is there really that much of a different in recharge in the top regs of today? i mean besides if your shooting 30 bps, why do you need a reg that can recharge faster then that. jw.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 04:09 PM
oh I can't wait for my excal

TheTramp
06-03-2005, 04:33 PM
... why do you need a reg that can recharge faster then that. jw.

I agree. You don't really.

It is nice to have the best though with those other tests that showed that some tank regs can't keep up it wouldn't matter then.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
06-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Actually regulators make a very important difference, most notably on dump chamber markers. I took several of the low - middle end markers and through them on a shocker sft with dynasty board and set it to super fast ramping or whatever. After the 6th string you saw an average drop of 20-30fps as measured by my ballistic chronograph. With the higher end regs CP and greater you saw either no drop or a drop I could not discern from just a bad paintball or an actual psi drop.

Some interesting finds are that the sidewinder is not a top performer, it still performs well but on dump chamber markers I would not advise it. For most people if they can stand the ergonomics I would reccomend the Fatty Stabalizer sinces its SO simple to take apart, whereas the 2liter parts can be put in backwards and it contains I think roughly 3x the number of orings.

Az

TheTramp
06-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I guess I ment that once you get to the higher end regs it isn't as big of an issue between them.

As long as the reg can recharge fully 15 times a second I'm fine with it. I don't really ever shoot faster than that anyway.

SpecialBlend2786
06-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I believe the Mystery reg was the AKA 2-Liter

AzrealDarkmoonZ
06-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Its the new style fatty stabalizer.

Az

TheTramp
06-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I believe the Mystery reg was the AKA 2-Liter

That was a different test. This is a more recent test but it pretty much shows the same results which is nice because it makes the data more reliable.

2-liter is fastest but the new Fatty is pretty close.