PDA

View Full Version : This Needed To Be Said, HK Army Is A Store-Front

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 05:11 PM
This is right from the heart of the crap mine. A magazine said this year I believe that HK was a huge storefront and more of a joke than anything. I hate them for my own reasons but this disgusted me

THIS is what the HK people are saying to the kiddie followers.. basically telling them that buying HK merchandise makes them good, and supporters. This is one of the most sickening things I've read in a while (mostly because I hate the whole HK thing.

"Don't listent to those Heartless pigs!

Support, help out, hang out and just play ball!

Everytime you guys support and buy stuff from ft57 and timebomb, you set yourself apart from others who just talk, The hk's know people pay for their items and supporters get a certain level of resepect from them because you spent money and believe in them, Hk is one of the most popular non pro teams out there, and when you spend your hard earned money on a head band, the Hk's know it and when you approach them in events, they don't turn you down, they'll let you ahng out and and never turn down someone that wants to help out! (you usually get some cool free stuff for helping out )and if they see you later in that event they are gonna talk with you or let you in on one of those "spur of the moment hk deals" for limited edition gear."

HK is nothing more than a poser fad, a storefront to make kids spent theirs and their parents money on trying to "fit in" and be "agg" enough.

arrgghhh this angers me... :mad:

poolshark5226
06-03-2005, 05:24 PM
How does buying HK stuff not make the person a supporter? All they are saying is that they like people who buy their stuff, and when an HK team member sees someone sporting HK gear they appreciate it. I don't see where it says that wearing HK will make you a better player.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not into the whole HK thing myself, I think it's a little bit lame. Still, from reading that little blurb I don't see where you get the impression that theyre saying it'll make you a better player. Maybe my reading comprehension skills just suck, but my SAT scores disagree.

ICP
06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
While I agree with you, and could care less about the whole HK or agg thing. It was to be expected in the sport of paintball. Kind of like all the fads in school. You know, the tight rolled jeans, or the overalls with one of the straps undone, the backwards hat. The ear piercing. Sooner or later, people will realize it was just something silly and it really was a FAD. And at that time, there will be some other fad that people get into. As long as no one tries pushing that crap on me, I don't have a problem with anyone, or any fad.

Alpha
06-03-2005, 05:28 PM
CAn't we all just play ball and stop creating arguments that seperate the sport even more? ITs bad enough that every paintballer either likes speedball or woodsball, not and. Its bad enouigh that we have words for the two styles.

Just chill, act teh way you want to be (and if you want to be a walking billboard for HK, go ahead). ACT RESPECTABLE. When you act like an immatur, flaming 12 year old and cuss out people for what "gat" they shoot, or exclude people becuase they aren't wearing a jersey or something, then you lose respect in my book.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 05:30 PM
How does buying HK stuff not make the person a supporter? All they are saying is that they like people who buy their stuff, and when an HK team member sees someone sporting HK gear they appreciate it. I don't see where it says that wearing HK will make you a better player.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not into the whole HK thing myself, I think it's a little bit lame. Still, from reading that little blurb I don't see where you get the impression that theyre saying it'll make you a better player. Maybe my reading comprehension skills just suck, but my SAT scores disagree.

I will elaborate. The above quote was a reply to a child asking how he could "join the HK army" .. after he was told he couldn't he basically got told to buy their stuff.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 05:34 PM
CAn't we all just play ball and stop creating arguments that seperate the sport even more? ITs bad enough that every paintballer either likes speedball or woodsball, not and. Its bad enouigh that we have words for the two styles.

Just chill, act teh way you want to be (and if you want to be a walking billboard for HK, go ahead). ACT RESPECTABLE. When you act like an immatur, flaming 12 year old and cuss out people for what "gat" they shoot, or exclude people becuase they aren't wearing a jersey or something, then you lose respect in my book.

sorry but HK to paintball is worse than Dennis Rodman to the NBA. I'm talking about image, and morale of the game. It's basically a punk/deviant merchandising, image based. clique, of total punks or young paintball players getting sucked into thinking that is what paintball is about when they are instructed how they won't be "agg" if they don't look and talk a certain way. [/run on sentence] I've seen these HK tools berate a kid who came along asking why his "cocker wasn't agg"

Flow_Tech
06-03-2005, 05:38 PM
quit your whining,if you dont like HK,then dont look or read about them,stop wasting space on pointless *** posts.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 05:42 PM
quit your whining,if you dont like HK,then dont look or read about them,stop wasting space on pointless *** posts.

if you just need to troll and flame, don't post. :clap:

Fallout-
06-03-2005, 05:49 PM

Could not have said it better.

Flow_Tech
06-03-2005, 05:51 PM
if you just need to troll and flame, don't post. :clap:
wow,im not flaming,nor am i trolling,im just saying what 98% of this board is most likely thinking.So just stop your nonsense posting now,all it is doing is wasting forum space and making you look even more ignorant to the fact that HK will always have its believers and followers and there is nothing you can do to change it or discourage it.

magman#1
06-03-2005, 05:53 PM
you talk about how all of the HK kids are whiny little punks, and all you do is BASH BASH BASH. who cares if they want to waste money? are you stopping them from doing it? is your *****ing helping the sport whatsoever? Every day you make a new dumb *** post proclaiming that HK is the evil of paintball and that you are a "true baller" because you wear sweatpants and camo and shoot a mag and play in the woods. It's getting old dude. People either like them or they don't and just because you make some remarkable post about how all they are is hype isn't going to change ANYTHING. there is about as much substance in one of your posts as there is in a thread posting an HK jersey up for sale with one word responses that you make fun of. Leave these threads at pbnation where people actually buy into the hype and quit cluttering AO with this bull****. Nobody cares except you and the HK army kids you want to argue with.

FireITup14
06-03-2005, 05:55 PM
cant we all just be friends?

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 05:57 PM
um, i don't own a mag, wear sweat pants, or just play in the woods. (i do have a nice camo jacket though, great for ATV'ing as well)

yes we can all be friends

jenarelJAM
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
wow,im not flaming,nor am i trolling,im just saying what 98% of this board is most likely thinking.So just stop your nonsense posting now,all it is doing is wasting forum space and making you look even more ignorant to the fact that HK will always have its believers and followers and there is nothing you can do to change it or discourage it.
speaking out is the first step to change... proven through history, time and time again.

Jonno06
06-03-2005, 06:07 PM
i wouldnt talk smack about those super cool hk army balla's. they have mad ninja agg gats!

dawg!

(and yea, i agree with you)

Carbon
06-03-2005, 06:18 PM
you gotta have a racket it this world. I look to the the barnum and baily model of entreprenuership. "there is one born every minute"

SCpoloRicker
06-03-2005, 06:33 PM
speaking out is the first step to change... proven through history, time and time again.

There is nothing that needs to be changed.

As I said in one of your myriad other rants lately madPSIence: goods are worth what the market will bear. Period. If you don't want it, don't buy it. You've no right to impose your views on others.

There has always been fandom. People used to idolize the Ironmen.

Kudos for them for creating a whole lot of demand for their products.

/would never buy anything HK branded

maxama10
06-03-2005, 07:20 PM
wait wait wait the only HK i know makes rifles pistols and knives.... :confused:

SlipknotX556
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
As some may remember and some may not, I was heavily involved in HK before they got to popular to handle. The money kids spend on their jerseys, stickers, hats, shirts, whatever else they may sell now, does go back into the team, but a small % of it. For the HKs to practice, it dosent cost alot, because of their sponsors, they claim its a huge amount. I have heard the truth behind HK, straight from the horses mouth, dont feel like getting into detail. Careful to any of you who may support them, they are back stabbers.

Lohman446
06-03-2005, 08:02 PM
You know.. I laugh at people who wear HK stuff... the same as designer stuff (sorry if that offends you SlipKnot, nothing against you). Its just not my thing, and I think it looks goofy, as I am sure they think me playing in jeans and a t-shirt looks retarded. Well I personally don't agree wtih what they have done to some people - IE SlipKnot why can most of us who don't like it not mess with them, and they won't mess with us. I mean, few of us have a reason to care (again, there are those who do, Slipknot, again). For most of us, its a live and let live thing,

Southparkrocks
06-03-2005, 08:34 PM
MadPSIence all your posts just involve bashing, bashing, bashing first people with LV and Burberry, what people call their guns and now HK? Why do you care if they want to sell some stuff or have their own little group, or call their gun a gat? I can see how someone can be angry at cheating but why do you make silly threads bashing other people who don't really hurt you at all? You keep on saying don't troll or flame but what do you really expect when you call people posers, and aren't you flaming/bashing other people too? Don't you have anything better to do then to making imflamatory(sp) posts?

BtW I don't have anything against you just that some of your posts are just inviting flamming.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 08:59 PM
MadPSIence all your posts just involve bashing, bashing, bashing first people with LV and Burberry, what people call their guns and now HK? Why do you care if they want to sell some stuff or have their own little group, or call their gun a gat? I can see how someone can be angry at cheating but why do you make silly threads bashing other people who don't really hurt you at all? You keep on saying don't troll or flame but what do you really expect when you call people posers, and aren't you flaming/bashing other people too? Don't you have anything better to do then to making imflamatory(sp) posts?

because frankly an HK kiddy decked out in an LV headband with a pink loader looks utterly ridiculous and will prevent paintball from acheiving the respect it could have. In no other sport will you find such ridiculous presentation and morale amongst players. If tomorrow, Tiger Woods went out on a golf-course in tight leather chaps.. a pink wife beater and louis vuitton shoes made from some poor ol' crocodile do you think it would go too far? Hell no it wouldn't even be accepted. The paintball community would be very healthy if it accepted some sort of ettiquette. Not an enforced ettiquette or code by which anyone is forced to follow; but the sport needs a generally accepted idea that isn't ridiculous. Every sport in the world that is taken seriously does. Paintball isn't taken that serious by the media and you guys should know it. Paintball is no doubt getting huge but it's getting huge in a William Hung manner. Do you think pro-paintball is ever going to have prestige events or see air-time on TSN? Hell no, most adults could take one look at an HK kiddy and say paintball looks absolutely silly.

beyond that.. not every single kid can go out and get decked out in all this crap, and not everyone wants to get in on the fads and it can be really discouraging to them.

you know why parents rush to sign their kids up for soccer and hockey? organized sports, with ettiquette, no kid is considered more "pimp" looking than another and whether you have a 10 dollar wood stick or a 100 dollar easton composite... you are not only level on the field but nobody is going to make fun of you or tell you what you have to wear or use.

compare marketing in other sports.. not in here thought because I am going to make a dif thread about marketing in paintball and marketing in other sports.

southparkrocks - don't worry I don't consider anything you have said flaming, i try not to take anything is flaming (with a few obvious past exceptions) and that is the reason I am able to discuss things like this rather than just ride the fence and never voice myself

Lohman446
06-03-2005, 09:16 PM
because frankly an HK kiddy decked out in an LV headband with a pink loader looks utterly ridiculous and will prevent paintball from acheiving the respect it could have. In no other sport will you find such ridiculous presentation and morale amongst players.

Skateboarding, freestyle motocross... EXTREME sports in general?

SlipknotX556
06-03-2005, 09:57 PM
You know.. I laugh at people who wear HK stuff... the same as designer stuff (sorry if that offends you SlipKnot, nothing against you). Its just not my thing, and I think it looks goofy, as I am sure they think me playing in jeans and a t-shirt looks retarded. Well I personally don't agree wtih what they have done to some people - IE SlipKnot why can most of us who don't like it not mess with them, and they won't mess with us. I mean, few of us have a reason to care (again, there are those who do, Slipknot, again). For most of us, its a live and let live thing,

I dont care, designer stuff appeals to the chosen few. Personally I have been wearing designer label clothing since I was a baby, so it fits me.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Skateboarding, freestyle motocross... EXTREME sports in general?

sorry, team sports. Besides it's just a few superstars in extreme sports with those styles and it's nothing really crazy either.

Blazestorm
06-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Sounds like someone is jealous...

I have 2 HK headbands... I can share... don't worry...

What do you have to show for yourself, anything that you've done. All you've done is bashed a group of players who play paintball. That's it. You're putting them down. You're discouraging paintball. I thought you wanted paintball to grow? So how is this helping it grow?

You're trying to come on here and get accepted, you think everyone on AO hates HK and PBN, so if you come on here bashing PBN or HK you'll become E-cool in the AO community. Everyone will post on your thread "YA DUDE I HATE THOSE HK KIDDIES!!" and you'll think you accomplished something. That sorta backfired now didn't it?

Shut up and play paintball. If you don't like how someone dresses or what color loader they choose to have, too ****ing bad.

All I've seen from you are posts like this. Go play paintball. Support paintball. Enjoy paintball. Do what HK does and have fun.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Sounds like someone is jealous...

I have 2 HK headbands... I can share... don't worry...

What do you have to show for yourself, anything that you've done. All you've done is bashed a group of players who play paintball. That's it. You're putting them down. You're discouraging paintball. I thought you wanted paintball to grow? So how is this helping it grow?

You're trying to come on here and get accepted, you think everyone on AO hates HK and PBN, so if you come on here bashing PBN or HK you'll become E-cool in the AO community. Everyone will post on your thread "YA DUDE I HATE THOSE HK KIDDIES!!" and you'll think you accomplished something. That sorta backfired now didn't it?

Shut up and play paintball. If you don't like how someone dresses or what color loader they choose to have, too ****ing bad.

All I've seen from you are posts like this. Go play paintball. Support paintball. Enjoy paintball. Do what HK does and have fun.

It's nothing to be jealous of really. Why be jealous of a fad? I feel a little above that. Not going to argue though because it sounds like you've already bought into the whole HK thing and it would be about as sensible as shadow boxing because all you kids do is sit back and go "nyah nyah I don't have to listen"

MonsterMag
06-03-2005, 11:02 PM
If you go to hkarmy.com , The in 95% of the pics they are playing with markers with no barrel covers on :nono:

cdacda13
06-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Just let people play. Who cares what they wear. If they want to drop the money on the gear, let them. JUST LET THEM PLAY.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Just let people play. Who cares what they wear. If they want to drop the money on the gear, let them. JUST LET THEM PLAY.

that's nice. :sleeping:

minimag03
06-03-2005, 11:25 PM

Agreed

MadPSIence- All I have noticed on here the past few days is arguments gone way out of control and you have been att he center of them. If you can't stand for someone else to be different than you then don't post.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Agreed

MadPSIence- All I have noticed on here the past few days is arguments gone way out of control and you have been att he center of them. If you can't stand for someone else to be different than you then don't post.

nothing's gotten out of control until someone took it out of control. This thread isn't out of control so I don't know what you're panicking about. If this is out of control I have legitimate worry of how you'd respond to a truly out of control situation or discussion.

and none of the posts are about me not wanting people to be different than myself. everyone on earth is different than myself.. stop trying to be so preachy.

cdacda13
06-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Honstly man, You gotta stop. Posting opinions is cool, but flaming people who dont agree with you or just flaming groups of people who do/buy certian things, thats out of hand.

MadPSIence
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Honstly man, You gotta stop. Posting opinions is cool, but flaming people who dont agree with you or just flaming groups of people who do/buy certian things, thats out of hand.

i didn't give him much of a reply because the post was one line with no substance. not worth my time

minimag03
06-03-2005, 11:45 PM

^That is flaming. You saying that his post has no substance is flaming. You have done it on every thread too.

Blazestorm
06-03-2005, 11:58 PM
i didn't give him much of a reply because the post was one line with no substance. not worth my time

Go take a break from AO, you're pissing everyone off.

Most people on here are neutral about HK, I support them, I think what they stand for is cool. And the fact that they took the initiative to build up such support and a fan-base that they are able to do things like make stickers and jerseys to sell... What have you accomplished with paintball?

Take a break, you're so closed-minded that you can't even let people support a team who plays paintball. All you're doing is trying to bring down paintball. Why not be productive, get more people into the sport, shine a good light on it. If HK is so evil, why has it brought so many more people deeper into the sport? Just like Brass-Eagle... without BE, 95% of people playing paintball would have never started, without HK a lot of players wouldn't have continued playing paintball.

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 01:50 AM
You're a total retard.

Shut up.

Quick, and to the point.

Target Practice
06-04-2005, 03:29 AM
You're a total retard.

Shut up.

Quick, and to the point.

Quoted for the ultimate truth.

You strut on in here, pick fights, and spew your drivel all over the boards, all the while seemingly convinced that you're just the cat's ***.

Hey, guess what? You aren't the be-all-end-all that you make yourself out to be. You come across as a giant, ignorant douche that's way too full of himself.

Give it a goddamn break, son.

Lohman446
06-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Isn't AO in a way just a storefront, perhaps not a greatly successful one but for AGD, Rogue, and some others does it not serve as a storefront?

Ahhh.. so AO is capitalistic. Oh wait, is that a bad thing?

http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoMi.gif

minimag03
06-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Isn't AO in a way just a storefront, perhaps not a greatly successful one but for AGD, Rogue, and some others does it not serve as a storefront?

Ahhh.. so AO is capitalistic. Oh wait, is that a bad thing?

You can now change you Custom User Title to "Useful Posts: 6".

GT
06-04-2005, 08:40 AM
I believe that HK was a huge storefront

IS that not what AO is for AGD? AKAO for AKA? Shocker owners for SP? Tippmann owners.... I coudl keep going down the list. Common man, lets put or thinking cap on today.

tyrion2323
06-04-2005, 08:50 AM
What is the ultimate point of this thread? In every post, you complain that someone or something is ruining paintball, or that we have to live by some contrived code in order to be "true" paintballers, or whatever.

In the end, it turns out that you're the one pissing everyone off. You're the one inciting flame-fests and online riots because all you ever do is make incindiary comments.
You preach about getting rid of all of the bad things in paintball, but you make yourself one of them.

GT
06-04-2005, 08:54 AM
What is the ultimate point of this thread? In every post, you complain that someone or something is ruining paintball, or that we have to live by some contrived code in order to be "true" paintballers, or whatever.

In the end, it turns out that you're the one pissing everyone off. You're the one inciting flame-fests and online riots because all you ever do is make incindiary comments.
You preach about getting rid of all of the bad things in paintball, but you make yourself one of them.

maybe he is the only one that had the green pill?

tyrion2323
06-04-2005, 09:45 AM
I have faith that someone who took the green pill would be able to structure, organize and present his/her thoughts in a more mature and compelling manner.

Southparkrocks
06-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Green Pill? I know what the purple pill is.

Pants
06-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm watching them play Jax Warriors on my 2004 Cup DVD right now. Talk about pwnage.

Jonno06
06-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Do what HK does and have fun.

do what HK does? hm....how can I, personally, make paintball look bad..and make money to do it?!?! maybe i can make some kind of army, more like a cult, and we can ALL make paintball look bad.

good idea, and you know what is a BETTER idea? you not ever talking again.

TMAXXKING1
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
too much drama ..........................

http://www.hunt101.com/img/292967.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=292967&c=500&z=1)

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 01:23 PM
too much drama ..........................
="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=292967&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/292967.jpg[/img
Lame.

TMAXXKING1
06-04-2005, 01:36 PM
oh noe's my feeling's are hurt

scuid didnt like my pic...

tyrion2323
06-04-2005, 01:42 PM
I see all of these people claiming that HK is making paintball look bad, but I don't see any clear proof of this. Lots of claims about cults and fads, but no definitive proof.

Until you can provide proof to substantiate these claims, then your best bet is to keep your mouth shut.

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 02:18 PM

Good.

Beemer
06-04-2005, 02:46 PM

scuid didnt like my pic...

but I did

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

Target Practice
06-05-2005, 01:21 AM
I'll be damned, he's gone over a whole day without flaming anyone.

Well, in this thread, that is.

xprod77
06-05-2005, 05:12 PM

:rolleyes: