PDA

View Full Version : RT - Stuff I don't know but totally wanna know.

Gunsl1nger
06-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi. I've been into paintball for awhile (casually), and I'm going to buy a new gun to replace my Spyder. I'm seriously considering purchasing a new RT ULE custom direct from AGD (Other guns I've been looking at are WGP autocockers, Diablo Wrath, Tippmann A-5, ICD BKO, and SP Ion.) I'm more into scenario sort of paintball, and I'd rather stay away from anything with electronic components, so I'm pretty much sold on the RT by now. I've heard they are rugged and reliable, and I rather like the looks. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about them (Or most paintball guns, for that matter - I bought a Spyder at Sports Authority years ago, and that's about the extent of my paintball knowledge.) My Spyder kit came with everything I ever needed; the only aftermarket parts I bought otherwise were a 14" All American barrel and a 45/3000 Crossfire tank. The RT has me all confused. I have nobody to turn to for answers but you folks!

What I'd like to know:

- How long will the 45/3000 last me? Eventually I'm going to invest in something bigger...but not quite yet. I don't shoot much paint; I'll play speedball all day with 500 rounds.

- Will a normal hopper (Java 200rnd, no fancy motors or batteries or belts or elves and whatnot) work at all? I'm going to buy somethiong electric, but I'm not sure what's needed. And ball detents...what are those, anyway? I figure they keep the balls from rolling down the barrel (My Spyder has a little rubber flap), but the RT ones seem more advanced; a magnetic model is an option. What's the deal?

- Angel-threaded feedneck - you kight as well tell me "Plorkenblog vidzyjonish na na".

- Can you change the foregrip? The stock one is too waffley looking for my tastes.

- The sight rail appears to direct your aim straight into the center of your hopper(With the ULE). Huh? Is there something about this that I don't get?

- I'd like to be able to use my Spyder threaded All American on my automag...the two of us have some fond memories, and I'd feel stupid buying another. Plus it looks all machinegunny, and I like that. Will an adaptor work? The ULE mainbody is kind of angled at the mouth, and I don't know if it will fit an adaptor, like the LAPCO one or whatever.

- How fast will I fire with the single trigger? The smartgrip or whatever looks pretty neat, but unfortunately I also need money to buy food.

- "Choose our hot new ULE Trigger Pull Kit for just $19.00 " - worth it? Anything I need to know about the ULE?

- Should I buy an ULE centerfeed body, or does a right/left steel powerfeed have any advantages?

- Most of all...is there anything else I'm forgetting about? Something I should know? Maintenance issues? Don't push the red button? Anything?

I'd like to thank anyone who humors me with a response. I know this is alot of stuff to ask for for a first-time super noob poster, but anyone who's nice enough to help me out will totally have my undying gratitude forever, to badly paraphrase Iron Chef.

maxama10
06-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi. I've been into paintball for awhile (casually), and I'm going to buy a new gun to replace my Spyder. I'm seriously considering purchasing a new RT ULE custom direct from AGD (Other guns I've been looking at are WGP autocockers, Diablo Wrath, Tippmann A-5, ICD BKO, and SP Ion.) I'm more into scenario sort of paintball, and I'd rather stay away from anything with electronic components, so I'm pretty much sold on the RT by now. I've heard they are rugged and reliable, and I rather like the looks. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about them (Or most paintball guns, for that matter - I bought a Spyder at Sports Authority years ago, and that's about the extent of my paintball knowledge.) My Spyder kit came with everything I ever needed; the only aftermarket parts I bought otherwise were a 14" All American barrel and a 45/3000 Crossfire tank. The RT has me all confused. I have nobody to turn to for answers but you folks!

What I'd like to know:

- How long will the 45/3000 last me? Eventually I'm going to invest in something bigger...but not quite yet. I don't shoot much paint; I'll play speedball all day with 500 rounds.

- Will a normal hopper (Java 200rnd, no fancy motors or batteries or belts or elves and whatnot) work at all? I'm going to buy somethiong electric, but I'm not sure what's needed. And ball detents...what are those, anyway? I figure they keep the balls from rolling down the barrel (My Spyder has a little rubber flap), but the RT ones seem more advanced; a magnetic model is an option. What's the deal?

- Angel-threaded feedneck - you kight as well tell me "Plorkenblog vidzyjonish na na".

- Can you change the foregrip? The stock one is too waffley looking for my tastes.

- The sight rail appears to direct your aim straight into the center of your hopper(With the ULE). Huh? Is there something about this that I don't get?

- I'd like to be able to use my Spyder threaded All American on my automag...the two of us have some fond memories, and I'd feel stupid buying another. Plus it looks all machinegunny, and I like that. Will an adaptor work? The ULE mainbody is kind of angled at the mouth, and I don't know if it will fit an adaptor, like the LAPCO one or whatever.

- How fast will I fire with the single trigger? The smartgrip or whatever looks pretty neat, but unfortunately I also need money to buy food.

- "Choose our hot new ULE Trigger Pull Kit for just $19.00 " - worth it? Anything I need to know about the ULE?

- Should I buy an ULE centerfeed body, or does a right/left steel powerfeed have any advantages?

- Most of all...is there anything else I'm forgetting about? Something I should know? Maintenance issues? Don't push the red button? Anything?

I'd like to thank anyone who humors me with a response. I know this is alot of stuff to ask for for a first-time super noob poster, but anyone who's nice enough to help me out will totally have my undying gratitude forever, to badly paraphrase Iron Chef.

Alright well i dont know about the tank but.... yeah

youre going to want to buy a viewloader revolution or a "revvy" it will save you alot of troubles ..see if yoyu cant pick up a friends used one
and yeah ball dentents keep the ball from rolling around...

dont worry about the feedneck

you can change the forgrip....

the sightrail is mainly for looks... ;)

you may be able to pick up an adapter im not sure but the ULE body uses autococker threads and the powerfeed bodys use twistlock threads...

if you can sweetspot youre rt you can go as fast as your hopper will
other than that get like a intelliframe or a logic frame from logicpaintball.com or something or a y grip ..PM coolhand here on ao if you wanna know more about the logic frame but based on what you said earlier about the scenario id go with an agd trigger frame
you can go for the ult trigger if you want all it does is lighten the trigger pull so you can shoot faster... so if youre going with an agd trigger frame id say buy it

buy a ULE body ... or at least i would if i had the money

mmmm and thats about all, Mags are super reliable and will serve you well for years to come also make sure to get lvl 10 bolt i think that comes standard now on all xvalves and when you get it dont forget to post pictures!!!
Goodluck
and feel free to ask more questions if needed

-max

maxama10
06-03-2005, 07:06 PM
oh
agd charges more at their site than like a shop who orders from agd so you could buy from someone here on ao. a few ppl own stores here on ao (online stores) umm www.devilsden.tv
www.logicpaintball.com www.themagsmith.com i think they all have customized rt's too www.tunamart.com may have them too or just order from agd either way youll be happy :D :cool:
good luck once again

-Max

Gunsl1nger
06-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks bro.

ICP
06-04-2005, 03:51 PM
The best answer would be to start reading everything you can find. I was in your same basic position(as far as mags go) when I first came here. There is TONS of info right here on these boards. There is a search button up top on each page if you are looking for something specific. I guarentee you will find all the answers you want and even some you weren't looking for to begin with. Welcome to the forums.

MadPSIence
06-04-2005, 04:42 PM
if you want a nice RT style mag contact ClassicMagger on these forums and ask what he can do for you. He'll make it custom to whatever spec you want and is a great seller with good feedback.

SpecialBlend2786
06-04-2005, 04:45 PM
ICP has the right idea. Start reading as much as you can about everything.

You will probably want to invest in a bigger tank. The 45/3000 will probably last you those 500 rounds, but mags in general are not the most efficient markers out there. And since the RT is faster than your spyder, expect to be shooting more paint as well:)

You are right about the detent keeping the ball from rolling out. depending on what model RT you get, the detent will be different. On the Stainless Steel models the detent is actually a little wire nubin that is in the barrel. On ULE bodies, the detent is a small plastic ball bearing thing. The magnetic detent uses a piston and magnets to hold the paintball instead of the plastic ball bearing.

You will deffinitly want to upgrade to an electronic hopper. RT mags are fast...fast enough to warrent a fast hopper.

This applies for ULE bodies only. This means that the feedneck of the ULE body (which is the centerfeed body) can be changed for any feedneck that is threaded for Angel markers. So if you ever want a different look or style, you can switch your feedneck.

Yes you can. Any standard forgrip or gas through grip should fit in the RT's vertical adaptor. The stock one just screws right out.

The sight rail on mags IMO is just for looks, but you can also mount a red dot sight. With a red dot sight you dont look straight through it, so it is ok if the centerfeed is blocking it.

If you have a newer style All American you can just buy a different all american back that will fit the automag body. ULE bodies take autococker barrels, while Stainless Steel bodies take twist loc (automag) barrels.

decently fast. But you are better off getting a double trigger. trigger frames such as the Intelliframe are not very expensive if you buy them with the RT mag.

The ULE trigger pull kit basically makes the trigger pull much much lighter then stock, which usually means you can fire at a faster rate. However it does add some setup time. If you order your mag from a dealer such as Roguefactor he can probably tune everything up for you so that you dont have to do anything, except gas up and go.

I would reccomend the ULE body. It is much lighter then stock, more adaptable to upgrades (barrels, feednecks, detents), and looks much better IMO. Plus you dont have to bother with those plastic elbows

I suggest purchasing a RT from one of AO's dealers, such as Roguefactor. PM him or go to his site at www.themagsmith.com . You can get a great deal on an RT automag there, for under $500 you can get one that is pretty much top of the line. Classicmagger and Tunaman also are reputable dealers who sell automags, as is Coolhand of Logic paintball (www.logicpaintball.com). You can PM any of them and they will help you build the mag of your dreams.

Browse the forums and read as much as you can, dont be scared to ask questions! Good luck to ya :bounce:

Alpha
06-04-2005, 04:55 PM
YOu have AIM? AIM RogueFactor. OR PM Tunaman (I dont know his AIM). They can both offer you markers that are better and cheaper then the RT custom. Rogue has the RPG Paradigm pro (which is a souped up rt pro).

cdacda13
06-04-2005, 05:14 PM
get the parigamdam(sp) from www.themagsmith.com. Its comes better stock then the ULE RT.

NASurfer
06-04-2005, 05:32 PM
You got some good advice from some of the posters above me so i wont repeat everything.

Good general rule for paintball tanks are that on a 3000psi tank you could get roughly 10 shot ser cubic inch, give or take depending on your gun.

Definately worth it. The trigger pull becomes so insanely light, a high rate of fire is very easy to achieve. My buddies cant tell whos who whenever i get into it with anyone with an expensive electro. ULE trigger is insanely easy to install so I wouldent wory about that.

definately get an agitated hopper. they will stop paint from blowing back into your hopper (which would be a major problem with the vertical feed ULE body). No need to go overboard, a 12v revolution would work perfect. You hit the nail on the head with ball detents. they stop paint from double feeding (which leads to chops)

The sight rail appears to direct your aim straight into the center of your hopper(With the ULE). Huh? Is there something about this that I don't get?

No need for sights. paintballs arent accurate enough. centerfeed is what most everyone feels comfortable with.

Most of all...is there anything else I'm forgetting about? Something I should know? Maintenance issues? Don't push the red button? Anything?

You do want level 10 (antichop bolt) but id does require a break in period, and needs oil (I oil it before I play). Tuning it is a pain in the but too, ( I have a scuba and a chrono so its not so bad). be patient with it though, once its tuned and broken in (still give it oil though), its very soft on paint. If you get a package through Tunaman or Rogue, I think they can tune it for you (not sure on that). as for the gun itself, drop a couple of drops of oil into your ASA (where your tank screws in) and dry fire it with the barrel off like 20 times at the end of the day and thats it. forget about it till your next game.

If you got anymore questions feel free to ask :cheers: