PDA

View Full Version : Should i get a warp feed?

ProFalcon
06-04-2005, 09:47 AM
cant decide if i want a warp. please post some experiences/opinions on the warp feed. worth the money/weight? u decide.

trains are bad
06-04-2005, 10:31 AM
No, absolutely not. The more people out there with warps, the fewer hoppers I have to shoot at. :)

Arstron
06-04-2005, 10:46 AM
I love my warpfeed, I didnt get shot in the hopper once last time I played, but I did get to taste paint for the first time. If you get one, then get used to cleaning your mask.

frischtr
06-04-2005, 10:58 AM
You should look for a used one on the forums... Try it out, and if you don't like it, sell it back here...

AGDlover
06-04-2005, 11:01 AM
I say go and try it and see how it feels for you and the way you play. I love mine but its all personal oppion on how it feels to you.

ProFalcon
06-04-2005, 12:01 PM
i dont have a mag though... and when i get my mag, i will get it with a warp body or CF. so, shouldnt i decide before i buy it?

Arstron
06-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Just so you know, AGD has their sale still going, buy a warp body and get a free warpfeed.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=356&categoryID=10

Beemer
06-04-2005, 01:46 PM
cant decide if i want a warp. please post some experiences/opinions on the warp feed. worth the money/weight? u decide.

Well it does do what its supposed to, Very Well. HOT=Hopper off top

Warp body would be best also.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/WarpTest.gif

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

WARPED1
06-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Try one first. Some hate them, but others won't play without one! I personally don't really like them but don't hate them either. So, try one first and decide yourself. :)

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Well it does do what its supposed to, Very Well. HOT=Hopper off top

Warp body would be best also.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/WarpTest.gif

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif
But your hopper only sticks out like that if you're an idiot.

Personally, I think it is the most impractical, pointless thing in paintball. If you know how to hold your gun, your hopper doesn't stick out anyways, and you don't add all that weight, lopsidedness, slower feed rate, inability to easily shoot with an off hand (wait, there is a secret method to doing that which is almost as impractical as the warpfeed itself, right?), and the list goes on.

I guess the warp feed just isn't for me...

trains are bad
06-04-2005, 02:28 PM
weight

My warp and apache weighs the same as a halo. And I think warps handle better than hoppers which are top heavy.

slower feed rate

Please. 12v warps are fast as HELL. I don't even know how fast they would feed. Fast enough for any practical paintball application..

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 02:29 PM
My warp and apache weighs the same as a halo. And I think warps handle better than hoppers which are top heavy.

Please. 12v warps are fast as HELL. I don't even know how fast they would feed. Fast enough for any practical paintball application..
And I still disagree with you.

You failed to make brilliant notions refuting all the other points I went over.

Beemer
06-04-2005, 02:36 PM
But your hopper only sticks out like that if you're an idiot.

Personally, I think it is the most impractical, pointless thing in paintball. If you know how to hold your gun, your hopper doesn't stick out anyways, and you don't add all that weight, lopsidedness, slower feed rate, inability to easily shoot with an off hand (wait, there is a secret method to doing that which is almost as impractical as the warpfeed itself, right?), and the list goes on.

I guess the warp feed just isn't for me...

You must be a Rocket Scientist. See HOT. Like I said it does it very well.

Added weight, ya a little

Feed rate slower. Dont think so. Mine will feed as fast as I want it.

There is no secret. But your list goes on anyway. You must still be on the wrong side of the box.

WARPED1
06-04-2005, 02:38 PM
All you have to do, when you lean out, tilt your gun in towards the bunker and shoot, then you don't have that heavy friggin warp.

ProFalcon
06-04-2005, 02:38 PM
what did u do to ur apache to make it so light?

A-Tach-One
06-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I love it and have no complaints about it, but I have to admit that I use it on my back up gun. And believe that the split second that your hopper isn't noticed first can be an advantage. But I still prefer the feel of hopper on top because it just feels best. I recieve hopper hits because I tend to let myself get lazy and probably not holding the gun perfectly.
EDIT: I say you have to try it to see, but I wouldn't buy the warp body yet. I think buying the 10 dollar warp adapter is the way to go and pick up a used warp cheap on here. Then if you like it, buy a warp body. :cheers:

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 03:38 PM
You must be a Rocket Scientist. See HOT. Like I said it does it very well.

Added weight, ya a little

Feed rate slower. Dont think so. Mine will feed as fast as I want it.

There is no secret. But your list goes on anyway. You must still be on the wrong side of the box.
I love the sarcasm, especially when it really doesn't make much sense. Everything I said was completely obvious faults with the warpfeed, scrap the silly acronym, you don't need "HOT" if you know how to hold the gun.

It may feed as fast as you want, but you still can't possibly argue that it is faster than say, an Angry board Halo, etc.

WARPED1
06-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I love the sarcasm, especially when it really doesn't make much sense. Everything I said was completely obvious faults with the warpfeed, scrap the silly acronym, you don't need "HOT" if you know how to hold the gun.

It may feed as fast as you want, but you still can't possibly argue that it is faster than say, an Angry board Halo, etc.
I must agree with Squiddy on this one! But try before you buy, if you like it, get it.

master_alexander
06-04-2005, 04:22 PM
do it like this, like i did.

pros:
no hopper on top
looks cool

cons:
heavy
need a ule warp left (possibly)
costs somewhere around $50 used.

i used a warp, and with a z gripo and endo it just got too confusing, way too many angles. keep it simple and dont have one, or do that little bit extra and have no hopper on top.

it really comes down to your choice.

DarkMag722
06-04-2005, 04:58 PM
You may want to get a wrp feed. Here are my Pros and Cons.

Pros Cons
Loads fast Heavy
Wont get shot in hopper You have to buy a warp feed and a hopper
looks cool on some guns may be hard to shoot(only for some people)
sits on side of gun

Good luck do what you want. :cheers:

Beemer
06-04-2005, 06:06 PM
especially when it really doesn't make much sense.

Well it would if you WERE a rocket scientist

Everything I said was completely obvious faults with the warpfeed, scrap the silly acronym, you don't need "HOT" if you know how to hold the gun.

I know how to hold my gun and I dont need anything. I WANT HOT

I could, but with you it would pointless and useless cause you know it all already.

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Well it would if you WERE a rocket scientist

I know how to hold my gun and I dont need anything. I WANT HOT

I could, but with you it would pointless and useless cause you know it all already.
I love how once again you fail to mention or make any valid points, whatsoever.

Hail Satan.

A-Tach-One
06-04-2005, 06:47 PM
The warp simply requires a different method of holding the gun. Useing the warp means you need to adapt, and you can no longer switch to the off hand. Ya, it is a pain for some to hold the gun on its side to shoot to your off hand, just takes some getting used to. No one needs the hopper off the top, but a person who uses the warp could say, no one needs the hopper on the top. It all is about preference. :D It is kind of fun to have the choice though. I think it is a little heavy but also think it balances well off the side. I still prefer the hopper on the top. Just try one. :cheers:

Beemer
06-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I love how once again you fail to mention or make any valid points, whatsoever.

I will TRY and explain so you will understand.

HOT........That is all no more no less

There is a big difference between WANT and NEED

I dont need........ I want HOT

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I will TRY and explain so you will understand.

HOT........That is all no more no less

There is a big difference between WANT and NEED

I dont need........ I want HOT
What the hell are you trying to say?

Again: ditch the acronym.

A-Tach-One
06-04-2005, 07:03 PM
I think he just wants the Hopper Off Top. :D I think :cheers:

-=Squid=-
06-04-2005, 07:21 PM
I get it, but he isn't making any sort of point...

I listed a slew of reasons why I Don't like it, and all he can say is "I want HOT," which is pointless if you know how to hold your gun anyways.

Listen to me, I know everything.

A-Tach-One
06-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Listen to me, I know everything.

:rofl: hahaha I like that. :cheers:

Beemer
06-04-2005, 07:29 PM

See you got it. Wasnt to hard was it? :cheers: HOT HOT HOT, aint that in a song?

You have your reasons for not likeing it and that is fine.

Me......I like it HOT. :cool:

Fallout-
06-04-2005, 07:51 PM
A 9V revvy will be as fast as a Halo with a warp because a large stack is already present so the hopper dosent have to work as much to feed the gun. You can shoot the stack at about 20bps.

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 08:01 PM
I love my Q-loader, sry guys...

Little_Ho
06-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Hi

Well this thread is calling for a Picture.....lol

http://webpages.charter.net/littlehosc/Paintball/Marker/X-Valve/Leftside1.JPG

And you can see i love Warps. I did not like the Revy or HALO B on it so i went with the EGG2.
It has a Z-Board in it and I made both of the Mods (12V/Big Cell) as Drop in units. Whenever I need a Higer ROF ill drop in the 12V Mod. If i need long lasting Batteries, ill drop in the Big Cell Mod. I know even with a single 9V Batterie the Warp can keep up till 16-18BPS.

I have three and will not miss one of them. BTW I have all my Warps Intellied....

Little_Ho

Beemer
06-04-2005, 08:17 PM
I love my Q-loader, sry guys...

And would this be because its HOT or what

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 08:46 PM
And would this be because its HOT or what

No, because it offers all that the warp does, without batteries, with less weight, and at 100 bps...

JRingold
06-04-2005, 09:04 PM
But how long does it take to change a Q-pod? Since they only hold 100 rounds each, you are going to be reloading more often...

I ask, because I'm thinking about getting one for my X-Mag. I'm tired of the whole hopper thing, because I keep breaking them.

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 09:06 PM
as long as it takes to fill a hopper with a normal pod

JRingold
06-04-2005, 09:08 PM
With 5 regular pods, I'm at 700 rounds, pls 200 in the hopper, means 900 on the field... With 5 Q-Pods, I'm only at 500, plus one loaded, so 600. Have you run into this issue?

HarrysSon
06-04-2005, 09:12 PM
If you have a ULE warp body, its ok

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 09:13 PM
yes, and the only good solution is carry more Q's, or play front w/ less paint...

JRingold
06-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I've never seen a 300 pound front man. I might have to try it some day.

Makes me think that the Q was designed for the front players. If they would make them 140's I'd be all over it.

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 09:29 PM
they would also be an extra half a foot long, or an extra 2 inches wide :cry:

JRingold
06-04-2005, 09:42 PM
All I can say, some like it coffee can thick. What's an extra 6 inches?

Didn't Captain Needa get choked to death in the Empire Strikes Back?

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Your Damn Right!

trains are bad
06-05-2005, 12:59 AM

Ever tested it? I wouldn't be surprised a 12v warp was feeding in the 50 bps range.

what did u do to ur apache to make it so light?

all it is is apache shells and motor.

b&r automag
06-05-2005, 02:14 AM
I would get the warp only because the deal at airgun is SUPER SWEET!

Personally I am currently playing with a regular CF set up. Dallara's didn't come with a warp option. I had a warp set up but chose to go with the lighter/slimmer set up. Playing with a warp setup takes some getting use to but you have to admit not having the hopper on the top of your marker is a big plus. Less target for someone to hit and opens your shooting view way more (aim better now). Use a 2 9v battery adaptor and the warp is super fast!

You can shoot a regular CF set up just as well. You just have to learn to tuck your hopper in when shooting. Granted the warp has more of an advantage but I just never got use to the feel of the whole set up. It's a whole different view when playing with a warpfeed and with the deal at airgun right now, I'd go for it!!!!

WARPED1
06-05-2005, 01:44 PM
It might seem like a good deal, but couldn't it also mean the warp is a bad thing and they just want to get rid of them?! And again, thier marketing has failed, I had absolutely no clue about a free warp with warp body ULE purchase! Maybe if they actually advertised somewhere, like say a paintball magazine?

-=Squid=-
06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Ever tested it? I wouldn't be surprised a 12v warp was feeding in the 50 bps range.

Ya, I was getting about half that number.