PDA

View Full Version : Broken V-nubbin + Superbolt = BAD!!! :(

Gunga
11-27-2001, 08:36 PM
As the saying goes, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'...

I'd suggest using plastic nubbins with your Superbolts guys. If you're like me, I was busting nubbins (both of the 'P' and 'V' variety) every other time I played.

Aliens-8-MyDad
11-27-2001, 08:39 PM
Woa ! man is that from the bolt hitting the nubins? thats crazy!

ProjectMag
11-27-2001, 08:40 PM
Wow!!! :eek:

Bet your hoping they come out with those replacement sleeves soon huh? :)

zvanut
11-27-2001, 08:41 PM
hmm...... i think i see a problem there, good thing u can get new sleeves

Gunga
11-27-2001, 08:42 PM
Here's another pic.

Gunga
11-27-2001, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Aliens-8-MyDad
Woa ! man is that from the bolt hitting the nubins? thats crazy!

It's from the superbolt hitting a BROKEN v-nubbin. It worked fine when the metal v-nubbin was unbroken.

We don't want any misunderstandings. :)

speedballbanks
11-27-2001, 08:53 PM
i hope you have extra sleeves

X-Plosive
11-27-2001, 09:08 PM
No problems for me as of yet:) But I am using them on Plastic nubbins. I want to get my hands on a version 1.0 superbolt to, just for the novelty effect.

Russ
11-27-2001, 09:19 PM
Whoa! That's nasty! I'm a nubbin-breaker myself. My E-Mag w/the stock barrel has eaten up a few too many nubbins. The new plastic ones are holding up well (fingers crossed)

Xzion
11-27-2001, 09:50 PM
:eek: Ouch man, that really really sucks, perhaps AGD should throw in some plastic nubbins with the super bolts when both are in mass production and releaced onto the market... hope they start selling replacement sleeves for your sake...

RobAGD
11-28-2001, 12:09 AM
Heheh I have a 1.0 Super bolt that looks like that from just the nubbin hitting it.

It was fine when I loaned my gun to someone. It comes back looking like a dog chewed on it. I check the nubbin in the barrel and its fine. The gun never broke a ball. I use that bolt in my back up gun. It hasnt gotten any worse, so :/ I switch that V nubbin out for a Plastic one a few weeks ago so its a non issue.

-Robert

joeyjoe367
11-28-2001, 12:20 AM
It looks like it could just use a bit of sanding... Rob, would that work as a fix?

AGD
11-28-2001, 12:48 AM
All Superbolts are being shipped with honed bolt springs and plastic nubbins. Replacement sleeves here in about a week.

AGD

damageinc54
11-28-2001, 01:42 AM
I sure wish you were giving that stuff away with the Superbolts when I bought mine at the tour :eek:

rudy
11-28-2001, 01:53 AM
I am wondering why you break so many nubbins? any how i just took a large size paperclip and made my nubbin cause i bought a new barrel and it didnt have one and it workes fine havent broke it in 1.5 years for the dye aluminum barrel and. and about 3 mounths on a dye ultralite. just because thats how long i have had those 2 barrels. I wonder if maybe the softer metal on the paper clip gives it more flexibility also they never seem to rust

damageinc54
11-28-2001, 02:03 AM
Just when I thought I had heard it all. I have encountered many things in running my teams for 4 years and working on countless guns. I never had anybody make a homemade nubin :rolleyes:

Dragoon
11-28-2001, 05:01 AM
??????

In all the time I've owned mags I've only ever broke one nubbin. I used an Emag with Freak for an entire season of tournamrnt play and only broke the nubbin during my last tournament. I don't get it. Why are you guys breaking your nubbins?? I'm shooting small bore Diablo. Does that make a difference?

Douglas

Shaft
11-28-2001, 08:08 AM
Hurry up Tom. My superbolt is fried from a non-honed spring.
You going to offer a honed spring to us early birds? I s'pose I can hone my own. Nah. Send me a honed spring.

Gunga!!! My first post on the superbolt was that plastic nubbins were necessary for the delrin. Now I must smack you in the head with a herring.

Gunga
11-28-2001, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Shaft
Gunga!!! My first post on the superbolt was that plastic nubbins were necessary for the delrin. Now I must smack you in the head with a herring.

Hummm...I must've missed that one. I'll have to add it to my journal of "Shaft's Words of Wisdom" that I have right next to the Bible. :p

As for why I'm busting nubbins all the time, I'm guessing that it's due to me using extended nose bolts. Or maybe because I don't have one made from a paperclip. :)

Shaft
11-28-2001, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Gunga

Hummm...I must've missed that one. I'll have to add it to my journal of "Shaft's Words of Wisdom" that I have right next to the Bible. :p

Good idear. Make sure that everyone else has a copy too.
I guess I can put the herring away.