PDA

View Full Version : Best Electric Hopper

JOE4959
06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Wat Is The Best Electric Hopper For A Minimag?

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 08:27 PM
A ketchup bottle with a small fan at the bottom!

A-Tach-One
06-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Well, what kind of valve do you have in your minimag? Minimag valve, I would probably say Revy or Halo TSA

68magOwner
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
revvy

Gumbe
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
well i say you may as well get the best just in case u get a maker that needs it, i say halo b or reloder b both great hoppers

HarrysSon
06-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Id get the Halo B. My Halo still has the old 2001 Odyssey board (>_<)
Be sure you have the Victory board

Jaan
06-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Just a 9v VL 2000 is fine if you have a single stock trigger. 12v Revolutions are good.

JOE4959
06-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Does Any Hopper Fit A Minimag?

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 09:27 PM
:tard:
Does Any Hopper Fit A Minimag? :tard:

:tard: wow, I just dont know what to say to that... :tard:

JOE4959
06-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Im New To Paintball About 2 Days Into It?

CaptainNeeda
06-04-2005, 09:34 PM
short awnser, yes... most hoppers fit minimags... expanding a bit on that, most hoppers fit most markers, all you need is an elbow to bridge the power feed on your minimag...

JOE4959
06-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Wat An Elbow Can U Give Me A Url To Buy One

Gumbe
06-04-2005, 09:39 PM
ummm man it a wast of money to buy ONE elbow online, go to your LOCAL pro shop ask them these question they can explain better......welcome to paintball hope you pick up the game fast :rolleyes:

Fallout-
06-04-2005, 09:46 PM
9v revvy because its more than fast enough, it's lighter than the Halo, the batterys last MUCH longer and it is easier to refill while shooting.

Jaan
06-04-2005, 09:54 PM
If you're new to paintball, this is a pretty good place to start:

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/basics.html

Did you go play once and get hooked? Yeah, it happened that way to a lot of us (c:

If you're *just* starting however, it would be good advice to rent a few times before you buy your own equipment. With that being said, a Minimag is a great gun and will last you a long time.

JOE4959
06-04-2005, 11:49 PM
yeah i played then got hooked :headbang: :clap: :rofl: :dance:

JOE4959
06-04-2005, 11:54 PM
can someone give me a url to buy a response triger for a minimag

jaredborne
06-05-2005, 12:03 AM
My Reloader B is a beaut

warbeak2099
06-05-2005, 12:03 AM
There is no response trigger for mags. There are RT style valves though. The current model is the X-Valve. You can buy those new or used and you can buy older RT style valves used on the buy/sell/trade section. They will give you reactivity like a Tippmann Response Trigger, but you need an adjustable output nitro tank to get anything effective.

Jaan
06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
can someone give me a url to buy a response triger for a minimag
No such thing ... at least nothing you can buy and bolt onto a Minimag. You'll probably be better off buying an Intelliframe trigger frame.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=1&categoryID=9

Did you buy a gun already, thinking about it, got one used ???

minimag03
06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Revvy.

68magOwner
06-05-2005, 12:23 AM
all you guys responding "halo or reloader b" didnt even read his post did you, do you think a halo MIGHT be a little overkill for a minimag :rolleyes:

mags247
06-05-2005, 09:48 AM
all you guys responding "halo or reloader b" didnt even read his post did you, do you think a halo MIGHT be a little overkill for a minimag :rolleyes:

What that thing cost more that his mag? Just bustin your balls. Those are the best to followed by the egg. (i kinda like the egg because it holds more paint so I more paint off the break then it all pretty even) Bu t I agree, get the best you can afford cause some day you will get a gun that can use it!!!

skife
06-05-2005, 12:53 PM
i still use a 12v xboard revvy (pre-be shells) with my WAS'd Clammyed timmy.
:P

it'll shoot 10bps all day and not break a ball.

JOE4959
06-05-2005, 01:18 PM
cool
:mad: :wow: :cry: :clap: :headbang: :nono: :rofl: :shooting: :sleeping: :bounce: :

68magOwner
06-05-2005, 01:22 PM
i still use a 12v xboard revvy (pre-be shells) with my WAS'd Clammyed timmy.
:P

it'll shoot 10bps all day and not break a ball.

yeah, i throw a revvy on the viking alot, played all day yesterday with it, no real need for a halo in rec play that i can see

Jonno06
06-05-2005, 01:38 PM
i use a revvy with 18v shredder kit on my bushy(yes, i know its old as hell)

but i have a 12v revvy with warp on my rt'd mini and i never outshot it.

JOE4959
06-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Wat Is A Good Way To Prevent Your Hoppers Feed Neck From Snaping Or Cracking?

gc82000
06-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Dont dive.

warbeak2099
06-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Dye used to make feeder spacers out of aluminum or ss, I can't remember. Fit one of those inside the neck and it should reinforce it.

Adamk58
06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
No such thing ... at least nothing you can buy and bolt onto a Minimag. You'll probably be better off buying an Intelliframe trigger frame.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=1&categoryID=9

Did you buy a gun already, thinking about it, got one used ???

Most people dont even know these exist, but proline does make a response frame for an automag. They call it an autoresponse frame and they dont make em anymore as far as i know. Sometimes they come up on ebay, but other than that i dont know where you could get one. I have one on a micromag and its the wildest little gun on the planet. I couldnt imagine having one on an RT pro.

Jaan
06-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Most people dont even know these exist, but proline does make a response frame for an automag. They call it an autoresponse frame and they dont make em anymore as far as i know. Sometimes they come up on ebay, but other than that i dont know where you could get one. I have one on a micromag and its the wildest little gun on the planet. I couldnt imagine having one on an RT pro.
Oh yeah, I remember those. I didn't think they were that great at the time. No field would let you play with one, and the trigger pull was so long that your rate of fire was only a little faster.

Adamk58
06-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Yeah no kiddin, the pull was extremely long and awkward, but if you can get it down its pretty rockin. :headbang:

PumpPlayer
06-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I may be wrong as I've never used one, but I believe the autoresponse frame fired once for the pull of the trigger and once again on the release. It is NOT reactive.

They're illegal because of the one trigger cycle = one shot rule. The autoresponse frame fires twice for each trigger cycle. Other than as a collector's item, they're pretty much useless now.

JOE: To be perfectly honest with you, take your minimag to your local store and get bare necesseties for it. Just run CO2, get a VL200 hopper and an elbow and you're done. Why? To save money for that nice pair of goggles you should be getting. Ask around, and try on everything they have. Goggles are you most important piece of equipment not just because of safety. If you can't see, you can't play - simple as that. Buy the best set of goggles you can and THEN worry about upgrading your marker. Besides, it's never a bad idea to have a gravity-fed hopper and CO2 tank around in case your fancier equipment decides to stop working.

For goggles - check out the JT X-10 Axiom or the V-Force Profilers. Both about $75 and worth every penny. The choice between 'em is mostly preference and how they fit your head. Try everything on before you buy it. If they don't let you try 'em on, go to a store that does. Good luck!

nastymag
06-07-2005, 04:13 PM
i say stay away from CO2 ... get steel 48 .. or a used 68 compressed air tank.
since your starting you wont need to shoot very much, so a 48 should be fine. you will only be spending about 45 bucks more then a 20 oz Co2 tank maybe less since you have to get anti siphon for the co2 to really be effective. all those people saying Halo are just plain WRONG.. your shooting a minimag ( i love them , got one myself , but they do not require somthing that feeds 24 bps). i suggest you get a 12 volt revy, it will feed fast enough and leave you with some extra cash for a good mask. Thats a MUST

LudavicoSoldier
06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
12 volt pre-be Revy w/x-board & jmj impeller or a Halo Bizzle.

Adamk58
06-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I may be wrong as I've never used one, but I believe the autoresponse frame fired once for the pull of the trigger and once again on the release. It is NOT reactive.

They're illegal because of the one trigger cycle = one shot rule. The autoresponse frame fires twice for each trigger cycle. Other than as a collector's item, they're pretty much useless now.

JOE: To be perfectly honest with you, take your minimag to your local store and get bare necesseties for it. Just run CO2, get a VL200 hopper and an elbow and you're done. Why? To save money for that nice pair of goggles you should be getting. Ask around, and try on everything they have. Goggles are you most important piece of equipment not just because of safety. If you can't see, you can't play - simple as that. Buy the best set of goggles you can and THEN worry about upgrading your marker. Besides, it's never a bad idea to have a gravity-fed hopper and CO2 tank around in case your fancier equipment decides to stop working.

For goggles - check out the JT X-10 Axiom or the V-Force Profilers. Both about $75 and worth every penny. The choice between 'em is mostly preference and how they fit your head. Try everything on before you buy it. If they don't let you try 'em on, go to a store that does. Good luck!

I agree with this guy. You gotta have good goggles. Just spend about 30 bucks or so on a cheaper model v force and youll be fine, no foggin and you can see good out of em. Just make sure you get a thermal lense.

As far as a hopper goes the most youll ever need with that thing is a regular old 12 volt revolution.

Jaan
06-07-2005, 05:19 PM
As far as a hopper goes the most youll ever need with that thing is a regular old 12 volt revolution.
I used a plain 9volt VL 2000 on my 'Mag (stock trigger) for years and that worked fine. Anything more than that would work peachy (c: