PDA

View Full Version : System Of a Down - BYOB Video.

behemoth
06-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Paintball masks.

Weird. But the whole video is people wearing masks, with digital effects over the lenses.

RingOfScale
06-05-2005, 02:29 AM
we-demand-link

Jaan
06-05-2005, 03:47 AM
www.systemofadown.com

go to "Media"

It's common to see paintball masks in low budget sci fi stuff because of the look. Where you don't see them being worn is on sit coms where they're actually *playing* paintball (c:

On a side note, I was recently looking through a book on masks from all over the world throughout history ... and one of them was an old Vents Predator mask. Those are STILL the coolest looking and best all around paintball masks ever made.

tony3
06-05-2005, 07:50 AM
What kind of masks were those?

BTW-that song sucks.

behemoth
06-05-2005, 08:09 AM

BTW-that song sucks.

I like the bass line.

bababbababumbubmab weeiiing!

Aliens-8-MyDad
06-05-2005, 10:17 AM
good for you, glad to hear your opinion, I rather like the song.

BTW-that song sucks.

bound for glory
06-05-2005, 10:24 AM
come on josh! you can't slam to that crap. you should be listening to anti-heros or stormwatch. what self respecting bootboy would listen to system? oi! oi! and more oi!

Thermus
06-05-2005, 10:33 AM
The masks are V-Force, probably the lowest end of them (I've been out for so long, I forgot the name).

Jackel411
06-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Armors ;)

Just had to order a bunch :)

HarrysSon
06-05-2005, 11:57 AM
You can SO tell the people were wearing V-Force Profilers... Somehow they enlarged the lens :confused:

-=Squid=-
06-05-2005, 12:07 PM
You can SO tell the people were wearing V-Force Profilers... Somehow they enlarged the lens :confused:
Obviously you can't "SO" tell, because those aren't Profilers.

As for the lens... They came out with this thing called a computer a couple months ago...

Rather
06-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Good picture here (http://www.systemofadown.com/photos/BYOB/slides/byob9.jpg) (found in the pics section at SOAD ;) )

ShadowNife
06-05-2005, 02:58 PM
those are definitely Vforce Armors. Very triangular at the bottom and not too flowing at all. I would know, i have one in my hands right now haha.

btw, about those predator masks, that you say are the hottest ones evar... pics?

Jaan
06-05-2005, 03:50 PM
those are definitely Vforce Armors. Very triangular at the bottom and not too flowing at all. I would know, i have one in my hands right now haha.

btw, about those predator masks, that you say are the hottest ones evar... pics?
Hottest ... coolest maybe lol. They looked cool, or scary, or at least they looked like *something*, and they had a ton of "vents" so any small breeze would go right through it. The only reason you can't use these on a field now is because they haven't passed the safety tests. It's not that they're not safe, they were just never tested. I think JT bought out the company back then and quietly erased the main competition.

I found this picture on-line (they looked better in black):

http://www.pentestone.com/paintball/graphics/vents.jpg

Talk to any old-timer and they'll tell you how nice they are. I still have two left, with some new lenses I horded when they were selling out and I still wear them when we play renegade. Newbies are amazed how comfortable they are in hot weather.

-Tab
06-05-2005, 06:16 PM
BTW-that song sucks.

you are correct.

RingOfScale
06-05-2005, 06:16 PM
lol, those certainly look diff then current masks, but i like the look. thats pretty coo. they do look pretty old skool, which is a good thing tho imho :shooting:

Jaan
06-05-2005, 07:15 PM
lol, those certainly look diff then current masks, but i like the look. thats pretty coo. they do look pretty old skool, which is a good thing tho imho :shooting:
The mask parts will fit on JT Spectra goggles by the way.

behemoth
06-05-2005, 08:21 PM
come on josh! you can't slam to that crap. you should be listening to anti-heros or stormwatch. what self respecting bootboy would listen to system? oi! oi! and more oi!

This is true.

But my truck only has a radio, and they dont play any of our music on there : :(

atm743
06-05-2005, 08:30 PM
hey if anyone wants if on your computer i have a good quality copy of it that i can send to people but

its 43.3 megs

sooo if i can host it somwere lmk cuse you can get a copy

Automaggot68
06-06-2005, 12:05 AM
I like the bass line.

bababbababumbubmab weeiiing!

Not a Bassline, thats the rythem.

Eh, i'mnot a fan of the band in the slightest, but you know..They make the money and I dont, so what the helll do I Know? Lol.

Jaan
06-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Not a Bassline, thats the rythem.
That's the groove man (c:

AGD-OfficeGal
06-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Not the worst song I've ever heard from SOAD.

How the HECK do you do the quoting thing where you get "originally posted by" in it? :confused:

M

WickeDKlowN
06-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Not the worst song I've ever heard from SOAD.

How the HECK do you do the quoting thing where you get "originally posted by" in it? :confused:

M
Like this :p

They changed it from "Quote" to "Reply." So just hit the "Reply" button on the bottom of the post you want to quote.

behemoth
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Like this :p

They changed it from "Quote" to "Reply." So just hit the "Reply" button on the bottom of the post you want to quote.

Yeah, seee, its easy!