PDA

View Full Version : BBs or Pellets ?

almazlamaz
06-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi,
I have Marksman 2000 spring air pistol. He can shoot either BBs or Pellets, tried both but I don't see any difference in acuracy or firing range or anything else.

I have just started get interes in air guns, can anyone explain me what should be the difference between shooting bbs and pellets ?

as I can imagine from general education pellets should have more power right ?

Maggot6
06-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Alright, get a piece of cardboard, about 2 feet by 2 feet or similar. Use 20 bbs and 20 pellets, and shoot on opposite ends, if you notice one is more accurate than the other, use that for accuracy. Sense it's not like your going to kill anything with a spring pistol, it doesn't really matter which is more powerful...But take this, muskets had BB's, and then for some reason they switched to something that looks more like a pellet. And you havn't seen anyone switch back to BB's yet, so I'm sure the pellet has a good advantage.

funeralplanner
06-05-2005, 08:48 PM
:confused:
Hi,
I have Marksman 2000 spring air pistol. He can shoot either BBs or Pellets, tried both but I don't see any difference in acuracy or firing range or anything else.

I have just started get interes in air guns, can anyone explain me what should be the difference between shooting bbs and pellets ?

as I can imagine from general education pellets should have more power right ?

Muzikman
06-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Pellets have better aerodynamics so they tend to be more accurate.