PDA

View Full Version : Differant Body Rails

ChrisRT
11-27-2001, 09:04 PM
Are there any benefits of changing your stock body rail to say a benchmark one? I have an Rt Pro and am thinking of buying one?

Tunaman
11-27-2001, 09:08 PM
They won't fit on an RT pro.

PyRo
11-27-2001, 09:12 PM
I thought you could use a stock mag rail on an RT pro. The RT pro has the round pin thing, and the stock rail has the square. It would just not fit as tightly. I think that is the case.
The only thing getting a new rail will do for you is make your gun look shinyer :)

X-Plosive
11-27-2001, 09:13 PM
Tunaman is right and there is no real advantage. You may shave off an ounce but it's not noticeable and I doubt it's even that much. Actually I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's heavier. I have one but it's nothing special.

Tunaman
11-27-2001, 09:29 PM
The RT pro has the carbide sear and roller bearing with different pin...why on earth would anyone want to get rid or that? The gripframes are interchangeable with standard mags...not the rails.

Bartleby
11-27-2001, 09:32 PM
actually i'm gonna have to side with pyro on this one. if you look in the "main body differences" thread, you'll see that the only one that's really limited is the mini/automag. the rt pro and emags are interchangable with all others. but like pyro said as well, the only thing it would do is make it prettier. but hey, that's not a bad thing, i bought a purple one, goes nicely with the color scheme. :D

Hexis
11-27-2001, 11:49 PM
That's for the main body, not the main rail. Tho you could use a ReTro valve sear (are they any different from the default one these days?)