PDA

View Full Version : Well, took my "new" emag for a spin

Spacemanvic
06-06-2005, 10:53 AM
I rebuilt my 10 year old mech mag with emag lowers, took it out for the first time yesterday. Had a blast! Someone kind of recognized my mag, but didnt know which model it was (SS powerfeed body, emag lowers, twist lock barrel, bottom line stock, on a remote).

My only beef is that the trigger seems to be pretty sensitive. Thing went off when i jumped down a 4 foot embankment, and went off again when I bounced off a tree. Both times, my fingers were off the trigger. Both times I freaked out for a split second, cause I didnt realize it was my gun doing the shooting. :D

etjoyride
06-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Sounds like fun, now all you need is a ULE CF body :)

yakitori
06-06-2005, 11:18 AM
either your trigger is too light, too short of a pull, or the activation point is to far forward in your pull and the HES is sensing it when it barely moves.

First, try adjusting the trigger magnet located in the middle of the trigger w/ an allen key to the right just a little so that the HES senses the pull further back in the trigger pull.

If that doesnt work, make your pull a little longer. I like mine around 3 mm.

If that still doesnt work. You need to make the tension on the trigger return magnets stronger. You have to remove the rail and body and access the magnets inside the grip frame on the top return part of the trigger.

Spacemanvic
06-06-2005, 11:40 AM
The weight of the gun didnt bother me at all, Im used to it I guess. I am "upgrading" to a minimag body. I think the porting looks sweet on the minimag.

I like having a short trigger pull, so Id like to keep that. How do I tell which adjustment I need to make so that the trigger isnt so "jar" sensitive? Im still an Emag newb, and it does shoot pretty nicely, so I'd hate to make a change that will take the emag out of tune.

Now, trying to get it to shoot by hitting the pistol grip, or dropping it on my knee, didnt recreate the "auto shoot", so what would you reccomend I try first to adjust?

Dayspring
06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
If you're using an emag/RT rail, you need to modify the minimag body to fit.

Dayspring
06-06-2005, 11:45 AM
www.havoc-online.com

The weight of the gun didnt bother me at all, Im used to it I guess. I am "upgrading" to a minimag body. I think the porting looks sweet on the minimag.

I like having a short trigger pull, so Id like to keep that. How do I tell which adjustment I need to make so that the trigger isnt so "jar" sensitive? Im still an Emag newb, and it does shoot pretty nicely, so I'd hate to make a change that will take the emag out of tune.

Now, trying to get it to shoot by hitting the pistol grip, or dropping it on my knee, didnt recreate the "auto shoot", so what would you reccomend I try first to adjust?

Spacemanvic
06-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Like the same mods I did to the SS main body? I had to trim the block the body screw goes into, and I had to slightly enlarge the hole the sear goes through in order to hit the valve ON/OFF.

Any other mods I'd have to do?

If you're using an emag/RT rail, you need to modify the minimag body to fit.

Dayspring
06-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Nope. You got them all.

Spacemanvic
06-06-2005, 01:36 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Nope. You got them all.

yakitori
06-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, I thought I told you how to adjust the trigger already. I guess I wasnt clear.

Since you dont want it to be any longer pull, you may just be SOL as far as bumping the gun and it shooting. Thats the result of a very short trigger pull. Actually 2-3 mm is plenty enough to get a better rythym than a short one. You may get skipped shots, etc.

Anyway. You either need to adjust the HES magnet backward so that the gun doesnt fire in the front of the pull. I try to get mine around halfway through the pull. Either that or add magnet to make the trigger return strong.

If you dont play tourneys then you dont really need to worry about the gun shooting once when you bump it. Just make sure you have it turned off when off the field and a barrel sleeve on. Just to be safe. Other than that, if you like the trigger how it is now, more power to ya. Keep it that way.

Spacemanvic
06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Well, no tourney's for a while, and it's my first time out with the emag, so I am gonna see if maybe i can get used to it. And yes, barrel sock goes on, safety goes on, and powerfeed plug is twisted around as soon as I leave the playing field :D

Somehow, I just dont trust the trigger yet.

Well, I thought I told you how to adjust the trigger already. I guess I wasnt clear.

Since you dont want it to be any longer pull, you may just be SOL as far as bumping the gun and it shooting. Thats the result of a very short trigger pull. Actually 2-3 mm is plenty enough to get a better rythym than a short one. You may get skipped shots, etc.

Anyway. You either need to adjust the HES magnet backward so that the gun doesnt fire in the front of the pull. I try to get mine around halfway through the pull. Either that or add magnet to make the trigger return strong.

If you dont play tourneys then you dont really need to worry about the gun shooting once when you bump it. Just make sure you have it turned off when off the field and a barrel sleeve on. Just to be safe. Other than that, if you like the trigger how it is now, more power to ya. Keep it that way.