PDA

View Full Version : Tunning an RT trigger.

Fallout-
06-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey I have a trigger stop drilled for my trigger. I run an X-Valve with a Crossfire 800psi tank. do you guys think I could get my gun to fire full auto if I adjust the trigger stop screw right?

BD_Paintball
06-06-2005, 04:00 PM
yea, i did it but its not legal in tournys so why would you want to do that.

SlartyBartFast
06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
You're more likely to simply destroy your sear.

If you want bounce, you need an adjustable tank and a higher input pressure.

BigEvil
06-06-2005, 04:46 PM
yea, i did it but its not legal in tournys so why would you want to do that.

Stupid question, but do you even play tournies? IF not, dont worry about it.

You're more likely to simply destroy your sear.

If you want bounce, you need an adjustable tank and a higher input pressure.

I sold my classic RT to my brother about 2 years ago. He still has it. Between the two of us, we have been shooting it since 1999. I replaced the sear ONCE when I sold it to him.

Again, dont worry about it. Replacing the sear is a small price to pay for the firepower.

There are two ways to acheive rapid fire with an RT
#1: Input pressure
Higher input pressure = faster rapid firing. I ran mine at 1200 psi. It was INSANE

#2: On/off pin length.
The shorter the on/off pin, the faster it fires. OF course, you cant make it TOO short or it will run away. One tech at AGD told me what to do with it. You grind tiny amounts off of the bottom of the pin (the end that hits the sear and sticks out of the gun when assembled)

We are talking THOUSANTHS of an inch. So go easy. I used a dremel and a grinding stone on mine. I took it apart, ground a little bit off, made is flat and nice, then put it back together. I repeated this until I found a 'bounce' that I liked.

If you are not sure of trying this, AGD sells different length pins. Call and tell them you want the 2 shortest pins.

Its not that hard. If you need help PM me or catch me on AIM and I can tell you more.

BD_Paintball
06-06-2005, 09:22 PM
yes i play in tournys, that's one reason i traded my mag. it was too slow without bounce

Fallout-
06-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I got the sweet spot down now so its alright and no I dont paly turnys just woods ball.