PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Strangler Feedneck users

Carbon Blue
06-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey ive got a problem with my raw rogue strangler feedneck (feed neck that looks like the one on the karnivore). Well when i got it in the mail i screwed it into my karta body and felt that it was tight enough. I didnt use loc tite or anything of that sort to hold it in place. Well when i went out to play some paintball today i got my apachie loader and tightened the feedneck so that it clamped onto the apachie feedneck. After a days worth of play i tried loosening the feedneck from the loader but ended up unscrewing the whole feedneck from the body. It seems impossible almost to loosen the clamping portion of feedneck. Lucky i didnt clamp down to hard onto the feedneck of the apachie so i was able to twist that off. But now my problem is, how am i able to loosen the twisting portion of the strangler feedneck ?

TDonovan
06-06-2005, 10:15 PM
You need to put some loctite on the feedneck threads first of all. When you take a hopper off, you should be able to get the hopper out of the neck even if you can't unclamp it. You don't need to put a freaking death grip on your hopper to get it to stay on.

What I do is insert my hopper, twist until it becomes too difficult, take hopper out and give it another half twist or so. Then put the hopper back in. This is secure enough to play with and you should be able to remove it when you're done.

Carbon Blue
06-07-2005, 01:23 AM
:clap: thanks for the info and ill do that next time. I was able to fix my problem by using some wd40 thick rubber tape and a vice grip. Dont worry i didnt bend or scratch anything.

by any chance what color loc tite is preferred with something like this? anyone got a color sheet on how strong certain loc tites are?

RoadDawg
06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
:clap: thanks for the info and ill do that next time. I was able to fix my problem by using some wd40 thick rubber tape and a vice grip. Dont worry i didnt bend or scratch anything.

by any chance what color loc tite is preferred with something like this? anyone got a color sheet on how strong certain loc tites are?

Blue loc tite is good. The red stuff is ultra strong.

TDonovan
06-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah I think I used blue on mine. Either way, start with blue and if you somehow have the feedneck still unscrew, bump it up to red.

The best way to get parts off using a bench vice without scratching them is to put a piece of wood on each side of the vice. Clamp whatever you need between them. If the wood is decently hard it will grip the part well and won't scratch it.

Skywalker
06-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow, I didn't use any loctite on my A+ feedneck and it is in there snug as hell. I guess maybe different tolerences or measurements.

RoadDawg
06-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Wow, I didn't use any loctite on my A+ feedneck and it is in there snug as hell. I guess maybe different tolerences or measurements.

Or how tight you screwed it on. I could do the same with my old rogueneck but I don't because why risk damaging threads... after all it's only aluminum.

frop
06-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Use green Loctite :eek: .....if you don't mind it being there permanently. :D