PDA

View Full Version : loaders

master_alexander
06-06-2005, 11:47 PM
ok so i am thinking about getting a new loader.

right now i have a mag that i can walk, and im getting a ult and lukes sear mod... and i am going to get an ion (as a backup...) I have always used a revvy and like it. but it is not fast enough (or will not be) so i am deciding what to do.

my choices are either

evo 2 (z boarded as well)
halo b
empire reloader

and my questions are:

what is the difference between the empire and the halo?

what is rip drive?

and by belt driven you mean?

ShadowNife
06-07-2005, 12:01 AM
just curious...

how are you walking this 3 lb trigger? o.O

minimag03
06-07-2005, 12:15 AM
I think he has some weird trigger job. He told be about it on time on AIM. It sounds like the guy he sent it to just sanded the on/off pin.

JimmyBeam
06-07-2005, 12:16 AM
well i just got a new Halo a week or so ago. been having to play while using the rip drive this whole time. took it apart this afternoon to find that one of the eyes was just hanging out not in its place. kind of ticked me off to know how much i just spent to have quality control kind of slacking........its a good loader i just needed to vent

SpecialBlend2786
06-07-2005, 12:30 AM
There was just an article in some paintball magazine about getting the most out of the Evlution II. I totally forgot what magazine it was though...

But I've always liked eggs.

JimmyBeam
06-07-2005, 12:33 AM
i think thats when you cut some of the paddles out

master_alexander
06-07-2005, 01:25 AM
i have no clue what he did to the trigger... i can walk it, but not fast fast, it also has some bounce to it.. sometimes. (i have also played the piano for about 8 years, that has made my hands strong, but idk if that makes a difference)

but what does belt driven mean? driven by a belt yes... but does that mean no impeller? or am i missing something... or confused... ?

Maggot6
06-07-2005, 06:08 AM
and my questions are:

what is the difference between the empire and the halo?

what is rip drive?

Empire and halo - Teh empire has a sound activated loader, not eyes like the halo does

Rip - The rip drive is stock on the empire, but you can get it on a halo. What it does it reverses the cone that is in the halo. UYou just do it by hand, it helps when you have a jam or something..But is not entirely neccisary.

yakitori
06-07-2005, 07:03 AM
well i just got a new Halo a week or so ago. been having to play while using the rip drive this whole time. took it apart this afternoon to find that one of the eyes was just hanging out not in its place. kind of ticked me off to know how much i just spent to have quality control kind of slacking........its a good loader i just needed to vent

did you buy it from a vendor or from a person, or did you buy it directly from odyssey. They dont have bad QC. They are actually great w/ QC and CS. Halos are supposed to come w/ the eyes covered w/ tape. If it wasnt, its possible that it was disassembled by someone other than the manufacturer.

Halos motor has a pully attached to the end of it, as does the bottom of the drive cone. Both have a rubber belt wrapped around them kinda like a warp feed does. THats what belt driven means

Soopa Villain17
06-07-2005, 07:05 AM
get a q loader , thats what im doing

warbeak2099
06-07-2005, 07:08 AM
^Woohoo, I'm not a freak... other people like them too.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only paintballer in upstate NY with a Qloader. Anyone else?

yakitori
06-07-2005, 07:10 AM
^Woohoo, I'm not a freak... other people like them too.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only paintballer in upstate NY with a Qloader. Anyone else?

there is a reason why only a few ppl only have qloaders, and its not because ppl have never heard of it.

Lohman446
06-07-2005, 07:32 AM
My Q lasted me a day before I broke one of the pods and shipped the rest of it far far away :D

http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AOIAO.jpg

gc82000
06-07-2005, 08:02 AM
I have yet to see a Reloader b w/ a rip drive. And also the rip can feed balls into your stack by winding the spring. Not necesary but comes in hany when your batteries die during a game.
Best bet Halo w/ rip, Vboard is not necesary to keep up with your guns,

fire1811
06-07-2005, 08:21 AM
I have yet to see a Reloader b w/ a rip drive. ,

I have yet to see a reloader without a ripdrive unless they installed the board themselfs.

I have a reloader b with ripdrive
works great.

warbeak2099
06-07-2005, 09:03 AM
My Q lasted me a day before I broke one of the pods and shipped the rest of it far far away :D

http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AOIAO.jpg

How did you break one of the pods? I am rough as hell with them and I haven't broken one yet. I did kill one of springs though, I wasn't very gentle about dissasembling the pod lol. But AIC gives you free replacements for life and they ship fast.

And to yakitori, you are right, it isn't because no one has heard of them. But I know what you're insinuating. And just from experience with the product I know that isn't true. Paintballers have always been close-minded about new products. Nitro, warpfeed, electros, etc. It takes them a long time to warm up to something. There are a lot of ballers who trash stuff they haven't even used. They just speculate that the product probably sucks because they don't like the way it looks or it's different from what they use. It's not because it sucks. If it sucked or it wasn't practical I wouldn't keep it. It's just because a lot of paintballers can't handle something that isn't the norm or close to it. But then look at nitro tanks and semis. Both were bashed at their beginning and both are now mainstream peices of equipment. Who knows.

Lohman446
06-07-2005, 09:07 AM
How did you break one of the pods? I am rough as hell with them and I haven't broken one yet. I did kill one of springs though, I wasn't very gentle about dissasembling the pod lol. But AIC gives you free replacements for life and they ship fast.

I was in a hyperball snake, pulled the trigger the marker failed to feed, tapped the pod on the back and it started feeding hard, making soup. Took the pod off, it met the bunker once or twice and then the case cracked, the end pieces came off, and the spring went god knows where...

JimmyBeam
06-07-2005, 09:11 AM
did you buy it from a vendor or from a person, or did you buy it directly from odyssey. They dont have bad QC. They are actually great w/ QC and CS. Halos are supposed to come w/ the eyes covered w/ tape. If it wasnt, its possible that it was disassembled by someone other than the manufacturer.

nope got it off actionvillage....brand spankin new

warbeak2099
06-07-2005, 09:37 AM
I was in a hyperball snake, pulled the trigger the marker failed to feed, tapped the pod on the back and it started feeding hard, making soup. Took the pod off, it met the bunker once or twice and then the case cracked, the end pieces came off, and the spring went god knows where...

Holy crap.

yakitori
06-07-2005, 09:38 AM
nope got it off actionvillage....brand spankin new

wow, that truly is strange. Halos are supposed to have electric tape around the eyes along w/ a screw to hold the eyes into place. I dont see how it could just be hanging unless someone had bought it and returned it, and actionvillage returned it to stock w/o noticing. I guess that kinda stuff could happen.

Lohman446
06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Holy crap.

It wasn't something I would exactly classify as a defect in material or workmanship. Though I do note that ricochet shells are much much stronger :D

JimmyBeam
06-07-2005, 10:36 AM
wow, that truly is strange. Halos are supposed to have electric tape around the eyes along w/ a screw to hold the eyes into place. I dont see how it could just be hanging unless someone had bought it and returned it, and actionvillage returned it to stock w/o noticing. I guess that kinda stuff could happen.

it did, but someone forgot to put the LED into the hole before they taped it. you could see the bottom part of the eye protruding out from underneath the tape. kind of obvious once i opened it up, but this is my first Halo, and I was totally lost as to what the problem was at first.

yakitori
06-07-2005, 11:02 AM
it did, but someone forgot to put the LED into the hole before they taped it. you could see the bottom part of the eye protruding out from underneath the tape. kind of obvious once i opened it up, but this is my first Halo, and I was totally lost as to what the problem was at first.

I guess that could happen. Sometimes the eyes want to come out when you are trying to tape them up. That sucks, but its not that big of an issue. It just needed to be put where it is supposed to. It wasnt defective after you put it back where it goes was it? If it was, Im sure Odyssey would replace it, no questions asked.

master_alexander
06-07-2005, 11:16 AM
i had a q loader, i ended up not liking it... sold it to my friend :D

and i have made my decision... reloader b and if i can find it rip drive.

JimmyBeam
06-07-2005, 01:09 PM
I guess that could happen. Sometimes the eyes want to come out when you are trying to tape them up. That sucks, but its not that big of an issue. It just needed to be put where it is supposed to. It wasnt defective after you put it back where it goes was it? If it was, Im sure Odyssey would replace it, no questions asked.

no...the thing works like a champ now. yea im sure Odyssey has good customer relations, its just that the eyes are a big thing for the hopper, you think the guy who built it in the factory would of taken more time on it.

Lohman446
06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
no...the thing works like a champ now. yea im sure Odyssey has good customer relations, its just that the eyes are a big thing for the hopper, you think the guy who built it in the factory would of taken more time on it.

The guy at the factory probably assembled several (dozen) that day. Its human error man, sometimes things don't go right. There quality control could easily miss it, as I doubt its actually feeding but turning it on and making sure it spins. Human error.. happens, nothing to be too upset about when it is not the norm.

JimmyBeam
06-07-2005, 01:46 PM
yea you're exactly right, i was just a little frustrated. its a great loader, and i actually get to use it this weekend without having to spin the rip drive every couple shots.

Loguzzzzzz
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I have been using them for over a year now and love them. Every one of my markers has one on it. It is fast, reliable and NO BATTERIES.

When I am playing with one of my mags I am complelely mechanical and love it.

I can lay down in the bottom of a bunker and shoot up. It gives me a definate advantage over anything else. Even a warp feed needs gravity to feed it.

Besides that it has been proven many times that the q-loader is the fastest loader available.

With the new spring design it is supposed to be even more reliable then before.

AIC is a great company and will ship any new parts to replace the lifetime guaranteed parts the same day they get the request. Without question!

The only thing I use my Halo for is to load the q-pods quickly.

When an "egg" or the Halo breaks, you are buying new bodies, doors etc. out of your pocket. That doesn't occur with the Q-loader. The parts are free and shipped free to your door!!!

How cool it that!

Vex
06-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I have been using them for over a year now and love them. Every one of my markers has one on it. It is fast, reliable and NO BATTERIES.

When I am playing with one of my mags I am complelely mechanical and love it.

I can lay down in the bottom of a bunker and shoot up. It gives me a definate advantage over anything else. Even a warp feed needs gravity to feed it.

Besides that it has been proven many times that the q-loader is the fastest loader available.

With the new spring design it is supposed to be even more reliable then before.

AIC is a great company and will ship any new parts to replace the lifetime guaranteed parts the same day they get the request. Without question!

The only thing I use my Halo for is to load the q-pods quickly.

When an "egg" or the Halo breaks, you are buying new bodies, doors etc. out of your pocket. That doesn't occur with the Q-loader. The parts are free and shipped free to your door!!!

How cool it that!
I'd say that's pretty good C.S.!

Now, who knows more about this Egg mod :confused:

warbeak2099
06-07-2005, 08:45 PM
What does C.S. stand for?

Vex
06-07-2005, 10:19 PM
What does C.S. stand for?
Customer Service, of course! :D

JimmyBeam
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Now, who knows more about this Egg mod :confused:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=534535

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 08:25 PM
im getting an egg also .......................but n.o to the peeps with the Q-loaders but they r dumb i say and u can make other hoppers fead just as fast and plus the q-loader is sooooo ugly and idt that it will become the new style of hoppers but thats just my opinion i think that hoppers like an egg or a revy look sweet on guns and that all those ones like halos and Q-LOADERS r just plane ugly but again my opinion

Vex
06-08-2005, 09:04 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=534535
Thanks man. :D

Lohman446
06-08-2005, 09:09 PM
im getting an egg also .......................but n.o to the peeps with the Q-loaders but they r dumb i say and u can make other hoppers fead just as fast and plus the q-loader is sooooo ugly and idt that it will become the new style of hoppers but thats just my opinion i think that hoppers like an egg or a revy look sweet on guns and that all those ones like halos and Q-LOADERS r just plane ugly but again my opinion

Did you just discredit the two fastest loaders available, true force feed systems (ok, maybe the egg) because of looks?

Vex
06-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Did you just discredit the two fastest loaders available, true force feed systems (ok, maybe the egg) because of looks?
But of course he did! Just look at his mastery of English grammar...very upstanding, young chap--Bravo!

XtremeC
06-08-2005, 10:05 PM
I perfer these too... ex:
http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?action=view&photo=1712&product=3039

that looks wicked compared to something like
http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?action=view&photo=1624&product=3039

Loguzzzzzz
06-09-2005, 12:52 AM
I have to disagree. The Q-loaders mounted off to the side look cool. IMHO. But then I am a little prejudice.

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 12:35 PM
ha im glad some people agree with me on how ugly a q-loader is it looks like something u would use to smoke weed in im meen wtf?!?!?! is that supposed to feed paintballs??

the halos r aight but still i think that they r kinda ugly

sure they r fast but they r the most ugly hoppers ever

JimmyBeam
06-09-2005, 12:41 PM
ha im glad some people agree with me on how ugly a q-loader is it looks like something u would use to smoke weed in im meen wtf?!?!?! is that supposed to feed paintballs??

the halos r aight but still i think that they r kinda ugly

sure they r fast but they r the most ugly hoppers ever

i hate it when schools out for the summer

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
heck yes i discredited the 2 "fastest" (u claim) "hoppers" (if u can even call them that) i dont th ink i would buy a q-loader and put it on my gun even if u payed me

(they r fast though) but im still discrediting them

Timmee
06-09-2005, 03:47 PM
heck yes i discredited the 2 "fastest" (u claim) "hoppers" (if u can even call them that) i dont th ink i would buy a q-loader and put it on my gun even if u payed me

(they r fast though) but im still discrediting them

Have you even tried a Q-Loader? I love mine. It's fast, easy to use, and durable. It does take some getting used to, but I'll be keeping mine around for a long time.

BTW, since you question the Q-Loader's speed, check this out: http://www.qloader.com/movies/aic_mov_speed.wmv

Maybe this is more your speed: http://www.qloader.com/movies/zak_vetter_31_bps.mov

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
i know they r fast