PDA

View Full Version : my new (used) minimag

DrEvil
11-27-2001, 10:50 PM
yeah i just received my minimag that i bought off of ebay. I ll be honest I didnt know there were minimags with a classic feed. Any way is ther a way that I can find out about how old this mag is? cf24222 is the number on the valve. Just wondering. I cant wait to strip off the "custom" homemade chameleon green paint and install an intelliframe. Hopefully I ll be able to play this weekend. Any way if any of you know how to "age" my minimag Id appreciate it. thanks

Xzion
11-28-2001, 12:10 AM
hrm, well, from what I understand, there were no standard feed minimags made, and the serial number is from a classic standard feed automag, not a mini, it sounds like someone either sold you a 68automag, or a 68mag valve in a mini body, but as I said, I dont think standard feed minis were ever made, though I could be wrong. As for the age, Im not quite sure.

Puddleglum
11-28-2001, 11:43 AM
Are you saying he got gyped? How could someone change a Mini to Standard feed?

whatleyj
11-28-2001, 01:01 PM
hope you didnt pay extra cause it had minimag valve w/ stars

dawump
11-28-2001, 01:05 PM
It sounds like a classic automag with the minimag valve, or a minimag with an automag body... but that doesn't explain an automag serial number.

Do the serial numbers on the front and back match?

If you can point us to the ebay auction page we can tell you if you have been gyped or not.. It should still be in the archives if you have recently purchased.

Keith

speedballbanks
11-28-2001, 05:55 PM
no they did make a standard feed minimag and for that matter you can still buy them off of www.airgun.com and also if yuo dont think they ever made them i have a pic to prove it lol here it is \/

Xzion
11-28-2001, 06:37 PM
Intresting, I wasnt aware that any MinimaG's were produced in standard feed.... perhaps they just dont produce the standard Minimag bodies now *shrugs*

speedballbanks
11-28-2001, 06:50 PM
if yuo have anything else needing answering i can help you as long as it is pertaning to mags lol

DrEvil
11-28-2001, 08:35 PM
yeah i talked to the guy today. its a minimag that he had problems with the valve and just traded the minimag valve for an automag valve with the guy at his nearby paintstore.I got the gunfor $250 w/and extra barrel and a drop forward so i dont think i got jipped, just a little surprised.

speedballbanks
11-29-2001, 07:27 PM
sounds good it is made by airgun designs either way so you cant lose lol mags rule

DrEvil
11-29-2001, 08:40 PM
truer words have never been spoken

speedballbanks
11-29-2001, 08:44 PM
preach on brotha

DrEvil
12-02-2001, 11:12 PM
well I finally took the mag out and shot it this weekend. Brand new filled nitro tank. and boom leaking down the barrel, seems to go into automatic at very low velocity and stops when i pull the trigger again. looks like Ive got some work to do. I took the valve out and lo and behold theres a Phase II bolt in there. Ill have to replace that. I was considering the superbolt but I ve got some questions, I hear you get them straight from agd but I didnt see them on the site. Plus I read today on some posts about a couple of guys having problems with it being 1/16 or 1/8 in. longer than the stock bolt they replaced and alot of ball choppage goin on. Any info on this? I ve made some searches but Im getting close to nowhere on this. Thanks for the help in advance. oh yeah this pic doesnt show the disgusting green paintjob that this monster has now. looks like the guy just took the grips and barrel off and painted away.

Snappy
12-03-2001, 06:15 PM
Just curious, where do you play?

DrEvil
12-03-2001, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Snappy
Just curious, where do you play?

official paintball in forney

speedballbanks
12-04-2001, 06:42 PM
nice little setup is it a standard feed? if so get a powerfeed adapter or get a new body otherwise its a mag hehe
(evil laugh)^

DrEvil
12-04-2001, 08:45 PM
yeah its astandard feed. I dont mind it. I got to get the gun working before i even worry about a new body. probably wont get one anyway I had a classic mag with standard feed and never had any problems with it. I have a revvy so it shouldnt be bad once i get the parts kit and a stock bolt back in it. HOPEFULLY that is