PDA

View Full Version : need pipe/rocket help

frontrunner
06-07-2005, 10:01 AM
hey guy i need some pipe/rocket help, I'm trying to build an air cannon for law rockets and i'm running in to a few snags. I want to mod and use a rainbird valve and i think i can but it takes 1' pipe and my chamber and barrle are 2'. does anyone know where i can get a reducer to take 1' to 2' i would need two i went to both Lows and HD. to day and both places were far from helpful and i didn't even tell them what i wanted it for. if not does any one have any advice on other valves i'm trying to stay away from the hand turn one.

PS. the air in will be regulated at 200psi and i want to put in a vent that will vent at about 220-200 since the pvc is rated to 280psi so i'm trying to be safe

thanks for any help

RedBeard
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
In the one I made (used rainbird valve as well) I actually managed to get all the parts from home depot. didn't ask for help, just looked around the plumbing section till I found something that worked. If I remember right, it wasn't just one reducer, it had to be done in steps. If you want I'll try and take pics of the setup when I get home from work.

doc_Zox
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
study guide:
http://www.qsl.net/wb6zqz/tale_of_2_launchers.html

frontrunner
06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
thanks that is some help, i think i'm going to try Ace tomorrow hopefully they have waht i need or at atleast more help

onedude36
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
I too have something like this on the side right now, how big of a chamber are you using? or are you using 12gs or something? I was going to use an air pump and fill a champer and use an electric solenoid, however, my friend broke the air chamber.

frontrunner
06-07-2005, 11:06 PM
i was gonna use 12' by 2' i plan to use a 3.5oz and i plan to reg it