PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket....

SIGSays
06-07-2005, 12:45 PM
can you really plead not guilty and go to court and bargain with the judge?

Noonan
06-07-2005, 12:48 PM
It all depends. If you go to court, and the officer doesn't show up, you're gonna get out of the charges most of the time. Were you clocked on radar/laser? Did you ask to see the radar/laser reading? There are a lot of loopholes that can help you get out of the ticket.

Jakedubbleya
06-07-2005, 01:29 PM
too many speeding threads.

chairman_mao
06-07-2005, 01:48 PM
As was said previous it depends state to state. In MA you plead not guilty then there is a prelim hearing w/ a magistrate and a police designee. You tell your side the cop reads the report the magistrate usually offers a small reduction in the initial ticket cost (insurance premiums still apply). If you do not like the ruling you tell them on the spot that you want a hearing. At this point you go before a criminal judge (along with all the miscreants) to plead your case. If the officer doen't show you get a pass. Personally I like to show up for these hearings with a metric butt ton of information to cast some doubt, any doubt on the validity of the cops story, or the radar reading.

The important thing to remeber is that cops use passive radar and that the system they use has the inherant flaw of needing an unobstucted path to the target. Hiding in a grove of trees or behind a row of bushes can and does effect the reading that they get. Use this to your advantage. Also don't EVER call the cop a liar or insinuate it just state your case. Usually the hearing is 4-6 months after the ticket is issued there is almost no way a cop will remember details of an individual stop that long after. Be very specific in your account of the events. That's my advice

SCpoloRicker
06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
too many speeding threads.

Sie Google, it does nothzing!

/or, wait... yes, in fact, it does.

AcemanPB
06-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Well I got a speeding ticket recently and the cop said I was required to show up in court.