PDA

View Full Version : E-mag question on experience

GoblinGreen
11-28-2001, 07:34 AM
I was having trouble with shootdown on my E-mag. When I open the guts up I noticed that the valve did not line up properly with the other half of the valve.
Has anyone else experienced this and why did the gun shoot at all cause I would have thought the on/off pin would not line up.

the valve was about half a centremetre off the mark line on the valve.
The gun seems to be working ok now that its lined up.
I just want to make sure this was my problem.

cphilip
11-28-2001, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by GoblinGreen
I was having trouble with shootdown on my E-mag. When I open the guts up I noticed that the valve did not line up properly with the other half of the valve.
Has anyone else experienced this and why did the gun shoot at all cause I would have thought the on/off pin would not line up.

All the things that make the On/Off and the main front of the Valve assembly line up in the body and rail (roll pin and field strip screw) are located in the front half of the assembly so there would be no effect on the alignment of the On/Off if the field strip screw was able to thread in. That would stay centered. So that stuff would not be affected by the two halves not lining up.

Not sure if your problem is caused by the reg backing itself out or not. Might be. That might be a slippery, worn or even sub spec sized Valve assembly O-ring (that big one around the back half forget exactly the name of it right now and too lazy to look it up!) and perhaps that was fixed by tightening it back up. If it persists then you might try replacing it.

But drop off in an emag is more likely a dirty reg or an air supply/restriction problem if not. My guess anyway.

Russ
11-28-2001, 11:31 AM
I did a search and found that your using a preset tank with an output oressure of 850psi. That should be quite adequate for your E-Mag. Like cphilip says, next would be to look for a restriction, perhaps a piece of teflon tape caught up inside the guns' reg. If you could try another preset tant on the gun, it would help determine if the tank was at fault.

I feel bad for you, half way around the world with gun probs. I hope you get them sorted out, otherwise it will be a bad debut for the E-Mag in the RSA. Good Luck.

GoblinGreen
11-29-2001, 12:07 AM
I tightened the valve and all seems to be working 100%. When the E-mag went down I used my backup Retromag and that worked fine with the same HPA tank, So I think the tank is fine.
Im gonna give the gun a good test this weekend, After gassing up I shot about 300 balls in the garden and she sounds happy enough. Thanks for the help Ill get back to u if it happens again, but the valve was real off centre so I have strong feelings that was the prob.