PDA

View Full Version : A good way to make a backyard field

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey i live by Clara City Minnesota (basicly in the sticks were everyone plays woodsball) and i dont like woodsball wut would be good stuff to make a cheap backyard speedball field(im 13 dont say stuff like inflatables cuz i could never aford them)

yakitori
06-08-2005, 04:16 PM
pallets, barrels, plywood. Basically anything you can think of that will provide some cover.

I know that here, companies that have empty drums dont mind if you take them off. Most of the time, they will just give them to you. But, you dont really have a way to haul it home. :D.

Anything you can possibly use, do it.

Adamk58
06-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey i live by Clara City Minnesota (basicly in the sticks were everyone plays woodsball) and i dont like woodsball wut would be good stuff to make a cheap backyard speedball field(im 13 dont say stuff like inflatables cuz i could never aford them)

you could use a crap load of pallots if you can get em, or you could just use scrap wood. i have an excellent backyard field complete with little cabins that me and my brother build out of leftover from a local sawmill. Wood is cheap and sometimes free, sheets of tin also work ok but their harder to get and harder to put up.

Adamk58
06-08-2005, 04:19 PM
pallets, barrels, plywood. Basically anything you can think of that will provide some cover.

I know that here, companies that have empty drums dont mind if you take them off. Most of the time, they will just give them to you. But, you dont really have a way to haul it home. :D.

Anything you can possibly use, do it.

yea this guy knows. businesses that deal with that kind of stuff will most of the time give it away just so they dont have to take it off themselves.

Jaan
06-08-2005, 04:23 PM
If I wanted cheap and easy and not a whole lot of garbage in my back yard I would use plastic tarp material and wooden stakes. You could always roll up everything when you're done.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 04:25 PM
ok thats wut i have i have about 12 small pallets2 barrel drum thing 2 tin bunkers im in the prosses of making more and some bunkers i made from wood i found in my shed and then some other wierd things i found .....

any ideas on cheap netting things ( i dont want people that rnt playing to get shot i only need enough to cover maybe an area of like 6and1/2 feet high and like 8 feet long?

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 04:28 PM
ooo anyone know wut would make a good snake ???

Adamk58
06-08-2005, 04:28 PM
as long as the field isnt right beside your house or the road i wouldnt worry about netting. just make a place for the people to go when theyre out. at my house when someone gets shot they just go over to their car thats parked a good ways away and sit or whatever until a new one starts.

as far as a snake goes youve got me there. only thing i can think of is putting up some plywood along the ground. it would be hard to find something round to use.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 04:34 PM
well as for the netting i have an idea but it isnt the best but itll work and none of us have cars and we like to watch the rest of the game but i know wut to do bout my "netting" and for the snake i have one thats like 6 ft long but that isnt long enough and its made out of thos lil cement tiles and it doesnt work to good cuz they wobble and they dont stay close good

vonort
06-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Use an open area in the woods. Take some fallen down logs and pile them up for bunkers. Thats what we do at our one bandit feild. Your still in the woods but its a speedball format. And it don't cost a dime to make.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 05:42 PM
i need help with an idea for a snake :confused:

yakitori
06-08-2005, 05:45 PM
yup, logs and stuff will work too. as for netting, I dont know. You will probably need alot if you are making a decent field. You may only need it on one side though if you put some planning into the design. You can also use tires, although they will attract mosquitos to lay eggs. As for a snake, just use drums. Lay them down on their sides for the low spots and then stand up 2-3 for the sections, or use pallets. . It may take a lot of stuff and work, to build a really good field.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
thanx thats a good idea for a snake now all i have to do is find somwere that i could get the drums from
:bounce:

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 06:28 PM
any ideas on good bunker shapes or just any ideas about anything

mag88888
06-08-2005, 06:58 PM
has anyone ever bought an actual sup air package around here on AO? if so how did it work out?

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 07:14 PM
heheh ive never even seen an air field only pics of um but not like acually see one :-(

yakitori
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
you can do squat bunkers like this [][]

you can do squat and stand bunkers like

[][]
[][][]

snake []====[]====[]====[]

at the fifty.....spaces didnt work. looks like a big pyramid.

[][][]
[][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][]

or a star like ....spaces didnt work in post, but it basically looks like a plus sign
[]
[][][]
[]

standing bunkers at the back

[][][]
[][][]
[][][]

at the other side of the 50 you can maybe do a somewhat smaller snake in a V shape....spaces dont come out in the post. But you get the general idea.

[]
= =
= =
[] []

Im sure you can come up w/ more after that. You can do pyramids, etc.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 07:52 PM
kk thanx those r good ideas

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:49 PM
now all i have to do is find a place that will give me those things :-l

Chris_automag_07
06-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Get "sup air"...............just joking, unless you have 2,500 dollars.....pallets make good bunkers sometimes, except they have spaces in them.

XtremeC
06-08-2005, 10:32 PM
old car from junkyard or friends house, although it makes yard look trashy but it be fun

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 10:46 PM
ya i only wish i could get sup air and its my dream to play in the division x-ball and guess wut were i used to live when i was 4-6 years old they had an airball field but now i prolly wont get to play on one till im atleast 16-17 lol

but ya pallets work awsome thats wut most my bunkers r on my field cuz u can make a bunch of different types of bunker shapes

ive seen people use car doars as bunkers and cars in woods or in big games but only in magazines besides the car doars

(the closest airball field to me is i think 1 hour and 1/2 away)

Napalmic
06-09-2005, 04:22 AM
(the closest airball field to me is i think 1 hour and 1/2 away)

Thats it?

Get your parents interested and get them to drive there every once in awhile.

Maggot6
06-09-2005, 05:37 AM
A good idea or well, a semi good Idea for the snake...If you have a local place where everyone dumps old stuff, and then the place sells it, just get an old couch, clean it up a bit.. I think that would be hilarious...PLus the couch coulddouble as a standup, and would be more comforatable..The only trouble would be is cleaning

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 12:05 PM
ya my rents would never drive me an 1 hour and 1/2 away for me to play p-ball lol ive tried to get them 2 but they wouldnt it might be 2 hours idk

a couch?!?!?!?!?! that would be interesting and yet funny

XtremeC
06-09-2005, 01:49 PM
that sucks dude, if there are trees nearby make a woodsball game

the nearst paintball place around me is about 10 min away and i still want to build a kick *** woodsball game

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 02:03 PM
hahaha nice

68AutoMoose
06-09-2005, 06:32 PM
We get giant spools from the phone company, they are about 7-8 feet in diameter...work well as stand up bunkers. If you have small ones stack them up. For a snake we used a bunch of old tires...pile them four high and zigzag the stacks. A lot of auto shops and junkyards give away old tires to anyone that will take 'em.

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 06:47 PM
oooo ok that sounds like it would work nice

Jaan
06-09-2005, 08:24 PM
We get giant spools from the phone company, they are about 7-8 feet in diameter...work well as stand up bunkers. If you have small ones stack them up. For a snake we used a bunch of old tires...pile them four high and zigzag the stacks. A lot of auto shops and junkyards give away old tires to anyone that will take 'em.
I hope you don't live in mosquito country.

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 09:37 PM
acually i do lol Minnesotas unaficiall state bird is the misqiuto heheh (i live in the gopher state) ammm let me think ....the land of 10,000 lakes*ya u get the poing

gortman44
06-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Well my team is building a feild in my back yard. I cant say more than that because it is top secret and will be released in a short time here. Big nice thread with b-e-a-u-tiful pics, but anyways, here is what we use for bunkers.
http://marc.xe0.com/jake/images/nb/pvc11.jpg

Better Quality (http://marc.xe0.com/jake/images/nb/pvc1.jpg)

It is just pvc, wraped with tarp. it holds up really well. We have a vid of us shooting it to test it. I am the camera guy.

Video (http://marc.xe0.com/jake/movie/bunkertest.wmv)

Netting, that is as well top secret but it wasnt cheap as in your price range.

bigballsofpaint
06-11-2005, 01:37 PM
gortman, that is prob the best homemade bunker ive seen, i might have to try that...

Jaan
06-11-2005, 01:47 PM
If I wanted cheap and easy and not a whole lot of garbage in my back yard I would use plastic tarp material
GRUMBLE Nobody ever listens to me /GRUMBLE
LOL Keep it simple stupid. That's a great idea with the PVC pipes, you should start a little business making those and make them so they can come apart and are easily stored.

spyder luver
06-12-2005, 12:05 PM
today i thought about using tarp and stuff cuz it would look a lot better usually i would think,the bunkers would be a lot lighter,and i think u could make a bunch more shapes then if u use wood

spyder luver
06-12-2005, 12:08 PM
WOW!!!!thats all i can say(those r sum of the best homade bunkers ive ever saw)

gortman44
06-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks spyder. Yeah they are pretty sweet. I just cant wait till we get the netting up so that we can put them to use. WE have it, just waiting on our teamate to go to his dads work to get the poles.........Ooops off subject... But anyways, if you do decide to do it like mine all i can say is COSTCO=TARP. you can get double the tarp then anywhere else. Unless you have a better place, then let me know, but that is what i found. If you have any questions, just pm me. ;)

Oh yeah, the pic of the bunkers is not at the yard where the feild will be. You have no idea what you are instore for when it is done. I almost wet myself everytime i think about it. :dance:

spyder luver
06-13-2005, 04:04 PM
hahaha

SlartyBartFast
06-13-2005, 04:24 PM
I know that here, companies that have empty drums dont mind if you take them off.

But be ABSOLUTELY certain that what was in them wasn't toxic or otherwise dangerous.

spyder luver
06-13-2005, 04:41 PM
i never thought about that lol

thanx for telling me that:-)

cioeboy
06-13-2005, 08:03 PM
If your parents wil let u holes make fun bunkers

spyder luver
06-13-2005, 08:16 PM
OOO BOY!!! i can imagine they do

gortman44
06-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Doood imagine having real trenches and tunnels. Well mini's. That would be sweet.... im all speed ball but still think some rec is fun every once in a while :p

spyder luver
06-14-2005, 10:56 AM
that would be friggen awsome and im not even big on like woodsball lol but that would be like the best woodsball field ever have like trenches holes buildings and then have mines everywere and stuff