PDA

View Full Version : Which gun to get?

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Im thinking about getting a new gun........my budget is basicly any gun under $220(american) wut gun should i get

(im thinking the spyder fenix, pmi piranha evo eforce 2004, or an autococker (but idk which one )

or if u have any other sujestions plz tell me

DarkMag722
06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I would choose between either the Fenix or the Cocker. The Fenix is electronic with 4-firing modes, 15 bps but thats it you cant upgrade it really. But Cockers are great guns. They are good for back shooters and people who like to bunker.They are also upgradable and look cool. Out of the 3 guns I would choose the Cocker. But it also depends what kind of cocker and what year it is. :D

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 07:06 PM
ya idk which cocker though should i get........i would like to be able to use co2 but i already have some co2 tanks(not anti syphin though)

minimag03
06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Do you have AIM or MSN? I give you a deal on a good cocker.

Thanks,
minimag03

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 07:27 PM
ya i have msn but the messenger part isnt working for me right now but my email does

minimag03
06-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I sent you a Private Message (PM). Let me know what you think.

warbeak2099
06-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Get the pirhana evo. It comes with eyes and also has a 15+bps board. Much better than the spyder fenix and faster than the cocker.

You might want to look at an 04 BKO as well. They are around $230.

Remember to factor in equipment cost as well such as an adequate loader and tank.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 07:54 PM
ya im thinking of getting an egg afterwards to but can the bko4 run on co2 ?

ojhspyro89
06-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Get nitrogen before anything. By the sounds of your other post your real far away from fill stations and such. If your stuck with co2, get a mech cocker.

Electric guns and co2 dont work too good together, unless its a sear tripper.

warbeak2099
06-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Meh, on anti-siphoned co2, but not straight. And you still have to be careful. I would go nitro instead. The only way I'd feel comfortable running co2 on a bko would be with an anti-siphon tube, palmers stab, and one of those little 11-stage inline x-chambers before the reg.

The Evo would be better if you're gonna use co2.

johnson88
06-08-2005, 08:08 PM
dude go for the evo i dont recomend mech cockers at all defintaly evo it has eyes so you wont chop paint its a must go evo!!

FireITup14
06-08-2005, 08:29 PM
id go evo also, eyes are a must.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 08:36 PM
i live 20 miles from the closest fill station and i dont have enough for nitro and i already have a regular 20 oz co2 but the evo would be the best for it but wut i dont like about it is that there rnt that many upgrades for it so then the spyder would almost be better wouldnt it

wut would u guys think about a spyder piliot acs in black/blue fade it has the anti chop bolt shoots 20 bps runs on co2 good

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 08:49 PM
also im turning 13 on saturday so i dont have a job besides doing chores around the farm so i dont have to horibly much money right now....................(right now i have $260 ) and i have to buy paintballs and a new mask

hobbesTZ
06-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Go for the Evo. I owned one for a while and they are great. You won't have to worry about paint to barrel match like with the Autococker and if you want to conserve paint like with a mech. then you can throw a VL 200 on the Evo and still be able to rail on the trigger without any chops.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:22 PM
ok .... wut could u get for bps without a e-hopper .........and wut about upgrades does it need any or not really

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:26 PM
o and i also forgot to ask does it shoot liquid co2 much or hardly ever cuz thats sumthing im concerned about for the gun i want to get because in MN if uve never been here its humid and usually 90 low 80's in the summer and then in the fall its like 40's and i dont want it to shoot liquid to bad but im not expecting anything to perform like nitro..

also do u know of any good masks for $25 or under that wont fog???

hobbesTZ
06-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Gravity fed hoppers top off at around 7 BPS, but that's not at all consistant. If you don't stream paint it's a good option if you don't already have a Revvy, but those are cheap and shouldn't be an issue. The only thing you might want to swap out on the Evo is the barrel, but even that isn't bad. Blowbacks are great for Co2, you don't have to worry about using it. The Evo comes with a regulator and that will help it function well in colder whether, but unless you've got a Tippmann prolite or something you'll want a Palmer Stabilizer reg. if you want to be able to play well in the cold.

My friend just bought a Vforce Armor mask, he paid $15 for it and he didn't have any issues when he used it.

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:34 PM
im not to worried about conserving paint cuz i play 3x3 games in my homade speedball field i have

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:40 PM
do u know anything about the pmi piranha ext its basicly the same as the evo but instead it has an acs bolt and it doesnt have lcd which i wouldnt really need cuz itll stay in semi most the time except when i feall like showing off to my bro who has a 98c with flatline barrel i used to have a 98c with a dead on asa double trigge and a jandj 16in but i didnt like that gun not my style its to woodsy for me and im trying to get away from the woodsball scene

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:41 PM
and u also say that a revy will keap up just fine with it cuz i didnt really want to spend the extra 20 bucks for the egg unless i got the piliot acs cuz that shoots 20bps

atm743
06-08-2005, 09:46 PM
get an ion on e-bay for $250 new :D

i have seen them go cheap NEW on e-bay

i love mine. very good on air. fast as hell. different firing modes. light. vistion eye that works like a dream. all you need and then some for cheap.

or jest build a nice mech mag for rec ball

Chris_automag_07
06-08-2005, 09:48 PM
i know how the chore thing is, i played paintball on chore money for four years till i was old enough to get a job, btw.....chore money isn't enough( at least mine wasn't) to be shooting 15+ a second.....just thought I would throw that in there...
good luck.
P.S......get a cocker! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
the bananas think so too!!!!
i dont understand i use alot of paint in a 3-man game!!! :shooting: :confused: oh well

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:55 PM
hehehe to bad i aight gunna get nitro huh

but thanx

lol i get paid 8 bucks to burn garbage and i get paid a lot to do really easy stuff but ya i only play 3x3 games most of the time so i shoot about 300 rounds at least a game and i need the fast bps well acually with my 98c i used to get like 8 or 9 and that was kinda fast enough but idk

im getting a new gun no matter wut people say though cuz i already sold everything on my 98c and that thing i cant stand using in speedball format

atm743
06-08-2005, 09:57 PM
ion or get a new E tippmann :D

or a wrath. i was reading that they compair to the ion. i never shoot one before but heard that they are good

spyder luver
06-08-2005, 09:58 PM
hehehehe i dont conserve paint ive used 250 balls on a 1x1 beforand that was befor i really even started to shoot a lot

Adamk58
06-09-2005, 11:18 AM
hehehehe i dont conserve paint ive used 250 balls on a 1x1 beforand that was befor i really even started to shoot a lot

If i had about 260 to work with id buy the cheapest v force mask you can find since theyre all good and dont fog. Then id buy a regular 12 volt revolution, or even an old 9 volt if you can find one. As far as guns go just get any open bolt blowback because theyre all pretty much the same and wont give you any problems with co2 unless its like 20 degrees outside or something.

peewee
06-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Might think about the Tippmann e pro reasonable price & can throw some paint. If the side feed is an isssue get the RD center-feed kit.

Ever used a classic mag? The new Classic pro is $219 at white wolf. Solid performance will run on CO2. Comes with a decent barrel etc. You have a gaggle of aftermarket upgrades for later . Its my vote for someone on a budget.

Aslan
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
You can get an old Spyder Classic(One) in great condition on Ebay for $50 and use the rest of that money for a good thermal mask and upgrades. The old spyders are virtually indestructable and will give you 5-7 bps without having to buy an elctronic hopper. Why buy an electric marker if you don't plan on playing in anything but semi-auto mode? Most of the new electric markers that you'll be able to get with $220 aren't worth it...and the straight CO2 will eventually mess them up.

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
ok for starters i have a 98c that had a bunch of upgrades on it and i do not like tippmanns at all...only for woodsball which i dont injoy playing horibly much...

clasic spyder?!?!?! i think i will pass (plus i dont trust ebay) and 7bps i could get with the 98

wuts the web sight for the classic mag ?

shartley
06-09-2005, 12:23 PM
You can get an old Spyder Classic(One) in great condition on Ebay for $50 and use the rest of that money for a good thermal mask and upgrades. The old spyders are virtually indestructable and will give you 5-7 bps without having to buy an elctronic hopper. Why buy an electric marker if you don't plan on playing in anything but semi-auto mode? Most of the new electric markers that you'll be able to get with $220 aren't worth it...and the straight CO2 will eventually mess them up.
No matter what marker you have (unless it is a pump or similar limited paint marker) I recommend getting a motorized hopper. Revvys are great and reasonably priced. The reason for a motorized hopper is not just so you can shoot faster, but so that you don’t have to shake the darn thing when the balls jam… and the WILL jam up on you no matter how slow or fast you shoot.

Then again, maybe you didn’t mean to type “electronic hopper”. ;)

Aslan
06-09-2005, 12:34 PM
ok for starters i have a 98c that had a bunch of upgrades on it and i do not like tippmanns at all...only for woodsball which i dont injoy playing horibly much...

clasic spyder?!?!?! i think i will pass (plus i dont trust ebay) and 7bps i could get with the 98

wuts the web sight for the classic mag ?

Oh well...just a suggestion. It seems that you are after a fancy electro :spit_take

...if that's the case, I doubt you'll like the mag...not to mention you'll need AT LEAST a siphon and cord for the CO2 to work with it. I was going to suggest automag or minimag...but you'd have to buy one used because new at the store you won't even get a barrel with it for $219...then you'll probably want some upgrades which are more expensive than the marker is. Not to mention you'll need to do more maintenace than you're probably used to with a Tippmann or Spyder...but once I realized you were after bps...nevermind...get whatever electro matches your jersey :rolleyes:

...maybe the Spyder Fenix or whatever it's called because it's the most upgradable for the least money.

Aslan
06-09-2005, 12:43 PM
No matter what marker you have (unless it is a pump or similar limited paint marker) I recommend getting a motorized hopper. Revvys are great and reasonably priced. The reason for a motorized hopper is not just so you can shoot faster, but so that you don’t have to shake the darn thing when the balls jam… and the WILL jam up on you no matter how slow or fast you shoot.

Then again, maybe you didn’t mean to type “electronic hopper”. ;)

I disagee...I see your point, but I just started using an electic hopper and I've noticed marginal improvement in bps and I've had to shake it a couple times. My main problem, since I'm new to using it, is forgetting to turn it on and getting it not to fall out. For some reason it is so friggin heavy that if you tilt your marker it wants to fall out of the vertical feed on one of my markers. I dropped it 3 times last weekend as I tilted my marker or ran a little too hard. I solved it with some tape. I shoot 5-7bps with a mechanical and my standard hopper feeds that just fine. On humid days or when I get a break in the hopper...yes, I've had to shake it from time to time...but I don't mind that given that it's so much lighter than my 12V revy. :bounce:

But it doesn't matter...this guy wants a flashy electro...so yes, he'll want (and probably need for >7bps) an electric hopper. :cheers:

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 01:09 PM
just tell me the web sight for the mag anyway or w.e it was

shartley
06-09-2005, 01:12 PM
I disagee...I see your point, but I just started using an electic hopper and I've noticed marginal improvement in bps and I've had to shake it a couple times. My main problem, since I'm new to using it, is forgetting to turn it on and getting it not to fall out. For some reason it is so friggin heavy that if you tilt your marker it wants to fall out of the vertical feed on one of my markers. I dropped it 3 times last weekend as I tilted my marker or ran a little too hard. I solved it with some tape. I shoot 5-7bps with a mechanical and my standard hopper feeds that just fine. On humid days or when I get a break in the hopper...yes, I've had to shake it from time to time...but I don't mind that given that it's so much lighter than my 12V revy. :bounce:

But it doesn't matter...this guy wants a flashy electro...so yes, he'll want (and probably need for >7bps) an electric hopper. :cheers:
BPS is not what I was saying. LOL I was talking about ball jamming at ANY speed. ;)

The problems you mentioned having with your motorized hopper are user error though, not the fault of the hopper.

But you are correct, a shake and bake hopper is much lighter than any motorized hopper….. then again so is an empty hopper VS a full one. For me the weight is not an issue for I have yet to find a marker, or hopper, that I thought was “too heavy”. My primary marker is a PPS Stroker, and I slap my Revy on top. Weight, bah… feels good in my hands. ;)

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 01:23 PM
ok if ur gunna talk about ur revy do it on my other thing that says vl revy?

cuz this is about which gun to get

shartley
06-09-2005, 01:30 PM

It was part of the overall conversation. I saw your other threads and knew you were reading them all… so why post twice?

Start complaining about information given, or how it is given and the older and more knowledgeable members may just stop giving you any. ;)

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
ooo ok srry bout complaining continue talking bout the revy and wut not

peewee
06-09-2005, 02:05 PM
http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/agd_marker_pricing.htm

http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/21/page1/sort1/view1/layout2/rman48/rcat/

About half way down. Entry level mag. very good deal. Just add a micro line to route the CO2 into the gas thru & your ready to go. There are many pictures around here of personal setups. I dont know that there is a more reliable marker made. Also check out the forum at PB review.com for info. check the reviews on all the mags. They have some of the highest overall ratings out there.

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 04:25 PM
(plz tell me wut is so great about mags and how fast can u usually shoot with a stock one?)

Aslan
06-09-2005, 04:46 PM

:rofl: That was funny. Maybe I should use that line when I'm posting some of my more "controversial" stuff and everybody flames me. :cuss: :cuss:

(plz tell me wut is so great about mags and how fast can u usually shoot with a stock one?)

I'll leave the "what is so great" question for some of the guys that have actually used them for awhile...I just got mine and am in the process of getting it working. :( But I did try it out in the back yard and I get 5-7bps...same as my spyder classic. But mine is totally stock...they can be upgraded to shoot faster (I'm pretty sure).

But, not to be a flamer or anything...but the way you type...are you sure you'll be able to read the manual? :rofl: Just kidding. Maybe you won't need to read the manual anyways, one of the pros of the marker is it isn't too fragile...pretty durable. :cheers:

spyder luver
06-09-2005, 05:06 PM
lol wuts wrong wit my typing???? jp jp ooo which one u got?

Aslan
06-11-2005, 12:59 AM

Just thought I'd post a couple old school pictures. It may not be fancy...but it gets the job done. Besides, if you're a "spyder luver", you should appreciate the original. ;)
:shooting: :shooting:

spyder luver
06-12-2005, 12:12 PM
i do apreciate the clasics i just would rather buy a new one (sweet spyders)

Aslan
08-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Just thought I'd post a couple old school pictures. It may not be fancy...but it gets the job done. Besides, if you're a "spyder luver", you should appreciate the original. ;)
:shooting: :shooting:

Here's my old Spyder with it's new drop...again, she's not pretty...but she gets the job done.

Dang...the picture won't attach...anyone else having photo attachment issues??