PDA

View Full Version : Warp board modification

headcase
11-28-2001, 11:37 AM
Ok I'm starting to look at all my stuff to mod it all for my new extreem(whenever it gets released)

Now I'm going to do the "Warped Revy" mod that Rob wrote about, but I have a quick question. I don't want the intelifeed wire sticking out the back of the loader so I'm going to move the 3/32 port to behind the feed neck(with the removal of the eye there will be room).
The question is: can I just heat the solder that connects the port to the board, move the port, and make the connection back to the board with wires? I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I have a tendency to over look small details, when looking at the big picture.

Thanx in advance
SSDD

headcase
11-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Ok I get it no love for the new guy :mad: I see how it is. You AGD guys just want to keep the cool stuff to yourself.

Sorry evil twin took over for a second there. So one of you omnipresent techs or even the man him self, could I get a little love here? :D I would really hate to blow 35 dollars or so on a new warp board just to screw it up.

Thanx again
SSDD

tunaman jr
11-28-2001, 09:41 PM
yeah thats messed up guys help a brotha out
if i could answer your question... i would
i got your back

headcase
11-28-2001, 10:38 PM
good lookin out.....still no love anywhere else...hmmmm I don't even like Tuna(or any other kind of fish) I might have to change.

Later
SSDD

kilaueakid
11-29-2001, 01:03 AM
I am alittle confused by your question, but I understand you want to move the 3/32 port from the warp feed into the Revy where the IR sensor typically sits? If that is the case Im sure it could be done. Why though? Either way you are going to be running wires to both objects? Good luck with it and let us know how it works out.

headcase
11-29-2001, 05:19 AM
If you install with the port in the normal location you have a long wire sticking out the back of the rev. If you move the port(It will be vertical, on the bottom of the rev, just in front of the screw near the battery door), You get a shorter wire and just a neater package.

I'm pretty sure it will work, I'm calling AGD today to get the board anyway, I guess I'll see what happens next week.

thanx
SSDD

donggie
11-29-2001, 11:29 PM
It should be fine as long as the jack you will be plugging into that does not physically get in the way of your revvy and warp... guess depends how you have them set up. If you got them right on top of each other like when u do the 90 degree bracket mod, then there may be no place to get a jack to fit in there. Not sure if this is what you meant but...

Don

headcase
11-30-2001, 12:04 AM
Well I'll post pics when it is done, I just ordered the board today, the rev shells, and eggolution paddle are in the mail, I have to swing by Radio Shack to pick a few things up. I hope to be done by the end of next week. I'm in no big hurry though, the marker this is going on isn't even released yet. Damn it AGD !!!!! I NEED my extreem! :)

Later
SSDD