PDA

View Full Version : Xmag Project, take a look....

Phantom_Mag
06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey, just got my body frame and pack for my xmag, i put it a bit together, im pretty sure im going to run it mech, so that means no internals!!
Tell me what you guys think, im pretty sure your going to call me crazy for running an xmag non electronic. Well either way tell me what you think,,
Heres my plan....
New ano
New barrel BTW lookign for blue xmag barrel
..and well suggestions...
Pics are poorly lighted but keep me posted.
PHANTOM

dj89
06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Looks alot like mine. Btw I like mech better also.

MonsterMag
06-09-2005, 07:05 PM
looks sweet
Hows the pipe going?

Target Practice
06-09-2005, 07:20 PM
It looks like every other Xmag out there.

Phantom_Mag
06-09-2005, 07:27 PM
I love the pipe kit, shoots strait as an arrow everytime.

Archangel Kid
06-09-2005, 07:37 PM
It looks like every other Xmag out there.

Why? why do you have to say something like that? He has a really nice gun, don't post about it if you don't have anything nice to say.

Phantom_Mag
06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Its fine, everyone is entitled to there opinion, im hoping for constructive criticism as much as things people like.

Why? why do you have to say something like that? He has a really nice gun, don't post about it if you don't have anything nice to say.

Evil Bob
06-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Hit the AGD online shop and pick up one of the 90 degree warp adapters, that'll get you a smoother ball feed and a bit more protection from the hose falling off or being brushed off.

-Evil Bob

p8ntball365
06-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Jeesh He obiously posted it looking for some feedback. He's got an opinion. If the opinion doesn't match yours, oh well.

BD_Paintball
06-09-2005, 10:25 PM
if you are always going to be running in mech why dont u trade that for a ULE mech mag. save some weight and money. i think it stupid it run a x mag in only mech mode.

jenarelJAM
06-09-2005, 10:54 PM
if you are always going to be running in mech why dont u trade that for a ULE mech mag. save some weight and money. i think it stupid it run a x mag in only mech mode.
While i don't agree with BD_Paintball, I do believe that it is kind of silly to pull the internals out of the gun. Why not just leave them in the gun and if you ever feel the need for a bit more firepower, you can flip it into e-mode for 100 rounds of so. At that rate, i think you wouldn't have to worry about the battery more than once every 3 months or something...

Phantom_Mag
06-09-2005, 11:00 PM
I dont have the internals, heres my baby with internals, this is another reason why im not running it with internals, i have her..

While i don't agree with BD_Paintball, I do believe that it is kind of silly to pull the internals out of the gun. Why not just leave them in the gun and if you ever feel the need for a bit more firepower, you can flip it into e-mode for 100 rounds of so. At that rate, i think you wouldn't have to worry about the battery more than once every 3 months or something...

covadsucks
06-10-2005, 12:02 AM
What color anno are you thinking of doing??? Another dust blue, perhaps midnight blue dust or something like a dark to light fade to match your pipe kit maybe? I personally think it's kinda fun - you need a sticker ala Level 10 stickers from 2002... "Mech Mag Inside!"

Joni
06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I have an idea for you: make that X-mag pneumatic. Could probably fit everything rather easily into the frame and battery pack =)

shartley
06-10-2005, 05:22 AM
For a moment there I thought I was on PBN….. I looked… Nope, still on AO. :rolleyes:

Nice marker by the way. Yes, it does look pretty much like others like it, but there was a point in time that almost ALL Mags looked identical to all the rest. Folks would change barrels, get the marker powder coated, etc. to set them apart. But they were still pretty much the same as all the rest.

I remembered when the X-Mag came out and everyone posted pictures of their new marker.. EVERY one looked identical. Folks didn’t seem to have a problem with that…. I guess times have changed. :(

Automaggot68
06-10-2005, 05:38 AM
For a moment there I thought I was on PBN….. I looked… Nope, still on AO. :rolleyes:

Nice marker by the way. Yes, it does look pretty much like others like it, but there was a point in time that almost ALL Mags looked identical to all the rest. Folks would change barrels, get the marker powder coated, etc. to set them apart. But they were still pretty much the same as all the rest.

I remembered when the X-Mag came out and everyone posted pictures of their new marker.. EVERY one looked identical. Folks didn’t seem to have a problem with that…. I guess times have changed. :(

IMHO, the only mags that dont look like the rest would have to be the dallaras.
Only how many --22?

There are 70-odd Kartas and probably even less chords.

I love how mags look.

MarkM
06-10-2005, 05:45 AM
Nothing connected to the thread subject as such. Opinions are one thing flames are another...this thread is a now more than one or two posts light now. If some people do not have anything civil to say towards some other members then DO NOT POST. Your dislikes are well enough known and constant sniping at specific members will result in some vaction time if it happens again. If their posts offend you that much then put them on ignore so you won't have to read them.

Automaggot68
06-10-2005, 06:29 AM
I love that color.

TheTramp
06-10-2005, 09:25 AM
I like the idea of using the X-Mag body for a mechanical gun but the problem is that the E-Mag platform wasn't designed for mechanical play except in emergences. I had commented to John (AGD John) that I felt my old RT-Pro shot better then my E-Mag in mechanical and that's when he told me that of course it would. The RT-Pro is meant to be mechanical and the E-Mag isn't really.

My point really is that I think you should put an intelliframe and RT-Pro sear (if it fits) on there to get a true potential of using an X-Mag body as a mechanical.

A-Tach-One
06-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Are the lowers Ule'd? I'm sure they are if they are Xmag lowers. I would probably do that if there not to make it a touch lighter. I like it! Keep us informed. :cheers:

tyrion2323
06-10-2005, 10:46 AM

Well...It DOES look like every other XMag out there. Basically all mags look pretty much the same. It's definitely a great looking mag, but how much more praise can be said about mags and xmags without becoming redundant?

tony3
06-10-2005, 11:20 AM
That rail on your other mech mag is cool as hell. Why is the feedneck on the xmag a different color?

Muzikman
06-10-2005, 12:07 PM
I like the idea of using the X-Mag body for a mechanical gun but the problem is that the E-Mag platform wasn't designed for mechanical play except in emergences. I had commented to John (AGD John) that I felt my old RT-Pro shot better then my E-Mag in mechanical and that's when he told me that of course it would. The RT-Pro is meant to be mechanical and the E-Mag isn't really.

My point really is that I think you should put an intelliframe and RT-Pro sear (if it fits) on there to get a true potential of using an X-Mag body as a mechanical.

Why? Why would it nor work as well. As long as the tolerances are the the same they should work the same. The only thing that might be different is where the trigger makes contact with the trigger rod.

thejesus
06-10-2005, 03:22 PM
im pretty sure im going to run it mech, so that means no internals!!
Tell me what you guys think, im pretty sure your going to call me crazy for running an xmag non electronic.

Why yes, yes I am.

TheTramp
06-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Why? Why would it nor work as well. As long as the tolerances are the the same they should work the same. The only thing that might be different is where the trigger makes contact with the trigger rod.

I'm sure that's part of it. Perhaps the on/off pin length has something to do with it as well. John didn't tell me exactly.

I know there is a difference because I can feel the significant diference between my RT-Pro and my E-Mag in mechanical mode. While the "tolerances" might be the same, the shape of the sear and the exact dimentions of the E-Mag frame vs. the Intelleframe (or whichever you use) may be different.

In the end, like John said, it's to do with the fact that E-Mag is set up perfectly for E mode and the mechanical mode was never intended as the main function. It's still good and doesn't hurt the gun or anything but if you want the best mechanical AGD marker you want an RT-Pro type set-up even if you use the X-Mag body.

In the end while I wouldn't pull the electronics out of an X-Mag if I wanted a mechanical. I'd love to use an X-Mag body as part of a mechanical Mag.

With that said, I'm not knocking they guy for doing it, just giving my advice for how he could get the mmost out of a mechanical Mag with an X-Mag body. :)

Phantom_Mag
06-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I know there is a difference because I can feel the significant diference between my RT-Pro and my E-Mag in mechanical mode. While the "tolerances" might be the same, the shape of the sear and the exact dimentions of the E-Mag frame vs. the Intelleframe (or whichever you use) may be different.

Yes infact the trigger pins are different, i use the xvalve trigger pin for an rt and a rt sear, thats what inside, its completely rt internals, and since that makes the saftey useless, i modded the trigger(RPG Splinter) so when you turn the gun to emode it acts as a saftey with the trigger stops precisely adjusted, there is more thought into the internals in this gun then seen. It is my honest belief that every gun shoudl have a safety, i hunt trap shoot and sporting clay soot, so i find it very important. The valve i trade out on the two markers i simply put in the emag trigger pin when its on my emag and use a xvalve in(rt) when its on the xmag. Works flawless, its a MECH-X with rt internals.