PDA

View Full Version : Am I a traitor to AGD?

slateman
11-28-2001, 01:14 PM
Lately I've been looking at autocockers...and wishing I had one:eek: I even borrowed one. I chopped like crazy at first but then I started to get the hang of it. And I started to like it!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Somebody HELP ME!!!

Seriously though, why dosen't AGD make some sort of Flatline Barrel conversion. Thats the cocker I shot and it was pretty sweet. Its probably the perfect gun for back players on a calm day. What gives?

TheTramp
11-28-2001, 01:26 PM
I think there are two main reasons why there has been no Mag/Flatline mod. 1) Making a twist-lock Flatline that would fit properly would be difficult. The shroud would have to be redisigned and it still probably wouldn't look right. 2) Not enough proplr would buy the barrel to make these major changes worth while. Someone could probably make these changes themeslves (if they know how to do these things) but it would be expencive in at least time so it would probably be a one time thing. Sort of like the Mag w/ Autococker pneumatics re-cocking it.

FeelTheRT
11-28-2001, 01:26 PM
the Zbody provides teh same back spin as the Flatline barrel does but the reason why AGD isn't making their own is because back spin is just bull honkey. To have a ball spin in your barrel, you must use a paint that's way smaller than the bore size of the barrel. But if your using paint that's smaller than the barrel, your not going to get maximum accuracy. So basicly, your sacrificing accuracy for range. What's range with out accuracy ?!

Ityl
11-28-2001, 01:28 PM
cockers are cool guns. But I think the mag is a gun of higher performance.

Also the mag does have a "flatline" type feature with the z-body. It just has to be setup with a very large bore barrel. Also balls don't break very easily at long range, and the ball needs to break to eliminate the other team.

I personally would never go into a tourney with a cocker. I would really only play a tourney with an electro. cockers are fun to squeeze the last bit of performance out of them. Mags are guns that can sit around for 10 years and still work, and good. Do you want to play paintball or play with paintball guns?

Angel gives people what they want, if even it hurts the performance. AGD gives people the best performing gun in the package. WGP is somewhere in the middle.

MagDog68
11-28-2001, 01:38 PM
To add to TheTramp's comments -

A Flatline barrel system would be near to impossible on a gun like the Automag. The Fact that the breech and the barrel are one in the same prevents this.

On any other paintball gun, the ball is delivered to the breech and the bolt pushes the ball into the barrel. This allows for the ball to enter the beginning of the curve immediately after firing. However, on an Automag the ball drops right into the barrel. Furthermore the body of the automag extends a good two inches past the "breech," thus making the curved barrel impossible to start at the breech. Even if a barrel began to curve at the end of the Main Body, the ball would likely explode on impact with the barrel wall.

I do not agree that you give up accuracy for distance with the Flatline. I have seen many people use it effectively. I would just prefer a simple design that shoots a hell of a lot faster!

~Fred

11-28-2001, 02:32 PM
EEwwww a flatline barrel would also look god awful on a mag IMO.

PaInTbALL zAcH
11-28-2001, 02:44 PM
I had a tippmann with a flatline and those things are huge. I got mag because I was tired of lugging that huge gun around. ALso when you get a ball break the balls go psycho on you. they curve back at you and make random directional changes. Kinda cool to watch tho. I wouldnt want a flatline on my mag.

Mild 7
11-28-2001, 02:44 PM
Cockers are great guns if I know all their tricks and trades. I think one can make a serious hobby just by upgrading the cocker month after month and year after year. It's like a blackhole for your checking account. And the more you upgraded (I THINK), the more problems you may have that entails MORE ugrades. I don't think its ever going to end, since cockers have changed a lot since I first bought the gun in '96.

My point is, if I have so much money I can just burn'em, then I would LOVE to have a cocker to throw money at, just for the sake of my own personal pleasure. Hell, I don't even have to use it. I can just look at it all day like what I'm doing with my RT. I go to the bathroom with it, I sleep with it sometimes if my girlfriend choose to punish me, I eat with it, shower with it, talk on the phone with it, and even study with it. My RT is my best friend and she never complains.

skipdogg
11-28-2001, 03:07 PM
I dunno ask your wife/girlfriend if it's considered cheating if you hook up with a girl for the nookie, "just to see what it's like". but then go home and crawl into bed with your wife/girlfriend.
That my friend is your answer!!!!

slateman
11-28-2001, 03:14 PM
Whats "nookie"??

cphilip
11-28-2001, 03:23 PM
Uhhh...If you gotta ask...never mind.

Ok lets be careful here guys so we don't cross the line(hint...it's slang for sex. OK?)

Yes! you are a traitor. So there! But you can hang with us anyway.

TheBigRaguPB4L
11-28-2001, 04:03 PM
ummmmmmmmm, yeah, anyways. has anyone(obvously not the guy that shot it) seen the cocker with a flatline? it looks so rediculously stupid. the whole point of owning a cocker is to have a gun that looks good. you have to admit, some customized cockers look awesome. why would want a cocker that looks stupid? i personally don't think will ever own one. i'd rather buy 5 mags than spend the same amount of money to upgrade one cocker.

rhetor22
11-28-2001, 04:28 PM
If i had a lot of money I would buy a cocker just to hear it fire. I could easily save to get a cocker for a very small amount more than a mag, but i won't. I want a mag.

renegade2k
11-28-2001, 04:35 PM
i love my mag but the efficiency on it is so rediculous that i have been wantin a cocker too. i just like the way they look. i have played with my friends for a couple of days and i am gettin the hang of them. i am seriously thinkin about sellin my mag for a cocker. i think i would have already but my mom doesnt like when i spend money she just wants me to work all the time and let the money sit around

HyperSnyper
11-28-2001, 06:42 PM
Funny thing about Cocker owners, its almost as if they just wanna look good...

My friend has caught Cocker fever and is spending almost all his money on the damn gun (he has so much extra aftermarket parts, he can construct another Cocker). I told him that me lighting him up with my Mag is the only cure. He just told me that he doesnt care, as long as his Cocker is looking nice and pretty...

What Gives ?!?

PyRo
11-28-2001, 06:57 PM
I know someone who owns a flatline. At longer ranges, the ball is going slow enough that it is unlikely to break when it hits someone. Maybie if you goged someone it would break, but just about anywhere else is going to bounce. It is difficut to play front with that barrel because of its leanth. There is also the z-body for the mag, which does basically the same thing.

damageinc54
11-29-2001, 02:10 AM
:mad: TRAITOR :mad:

HyperSnyper
11-29-2001, 04:33 AM
You think Cocker owners look down at the ppl who see the light and convert over to a Mag? hmmmm...