PDA

View Full Version : Need a way to release pressure from line

bojangles1983
06-09-2005, 11:59 PM
I saw the post "macroline leaking pressure" and thought... I need a way to leak pressure from my macroline. I have an RT pro with macroline fittings and an adjustable output tank (not the screwin type) what I am running into is that when I turn my tank off the gun will fire once or twice due to air still in the line, but below 400psi the gun will not cycle, I have no way to vent the air. I have tried slowly unscrewing my valve screw and "tweaking" the valve so that the pressure is release but my on/off pin is still being pushed down by the pressure and even if i hold the trigger in I have been known to shear the pins off. I need some kind of pressure release or a hint on how to release the pressure other than leaving the marker sit and hoping I have a small leak! THanks guys! Oh: reason for needing to take valve out so fast, I have a minimag hooked up for warp that I like to use the RT valve in...

wanna-b-ballin'
06-10-2005, 12:19 AM
i have no idea how to fix that. you could get braided line and put a quick disconnect though.

frop
06-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Get a tank w/ a bleed circuit integrated into the on/off, a la Hyperflow/Dynaflow if you wanna keep using macro. Or go SS w/ slidecheck.

Don't put a regular quick disconnect on if your tank doesn't have an integrated bleed. Pressurised SS hose + sudden discharge = bad stuff.

Aleis
06-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I have a freind with the same problem, So he got a fore grip which he just unscrews from teh Asa adapter, works just like unscrewing a Tank. i'd sugest a 90 swivle macro fiiting for the bottom the forgrip though as a straight macro fitting will cut a ring around the macro hose as you unscrew it and won't last long.

BlackVCG
06-11-2005, 11:30 PM
http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/Macro_QD.JPG

Eric Of Extreme Measures
06-11-2005, 11:44 PM
A slide check valve...
this is a release valve that you can install inline and when the tank is off, you can slide it down and it release the pressure in the line.

Eric

Get them anywhere..

Boydster
06-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Black, what is that a picture of? A quick disconnect? I have one identical to that. Or do quick diconnects and slide checks look the same?

elprup
06-12-2005, 07:22 AM
It's just a Q/D.

Mav D MagMan
06-12-2005, 10:31 AM
I use a proconnect from Tunaman it works awesome and is pretty much push button release (Degasses the valve and leaves your tank/line pressurized) and ready for re-conection.

Will

Boydster
06-12-2005, 01:29 PM
It's just a Q/D.
So what's the point of him showing us that? You can't disconnect those when there's pressure...

Carbon Blue
06-12-2005, 02:07 PM
So what's the point of him showing us that? You can't disconnect those when there's pressure...

when i had a ss hose i was able to disconnect mine all the time and its not even that hard.....of course thats when i shot out the remaining air with the tank off and that last bit of 400psi was left in the valve but was not enough pressure to cycle

I run macro fittings with of course macro line and all i do to get rid of the residual air is stick my finger and push back slightly on the bolt or move it around and it bleeds all the air out.

Boydster
06-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Maybe I could get a little bit more air out of my lines if I used the small spring. idk

^^^ but uh, I don't believe it's supposed to leak air out by moving the bolt. That means it's not tuned right.

Carbon Blue
06-12-2005, 03:11 PM
hmm i havent chopped a ball at all since ive installed lvl10 and havent had any miscellaneous leaks at all with my gun.

Alpha
06-12-2005, 03:19 PM
look at PalmersPersuit shop.

You can get a T, and a small bleed valve. Basicly, you push down a button and it bleeds all the pressure.

EDIT: Nevermind, no you can't, 200PSI only. Just get a QD.

bojangles1983
06-12-2005, 03:26 PM
thanks for the help guys, Ill prolly do the Q/D with slide check. I'll hit up tuna and see what he has too.

frischtr
06-12-2005, 03:53 PM
what I am running into is that when I turn my tank off the gun will fire once or twice due to air still in the line, but below 400psi the gun will not cycle, I have no way to vent the air.

This is strange... When I turn my tank off, and fire twice or three times, the excess pressure begins to vent out of this hole (see pic) until there is no pressure remaining in the line...

AGDlover
06-12-2005, 04:19 PM

you can but you must disconnect the QD with a little musical and a large POP

Alpha
06-12-2005, 05:07 PM
This is strange... When I turn my tank off, and fire twice or three times, the excess pressure begins to vent out of this hole (see pic) until there is no pressure remaining in the line...

All mags are different... What it looks liek to me is that each batch comes out a bit differently then the last one, which is why some mags will work fine at the reccomended 500psi, but most others won't give you anything more then .5 balls per second.

Boydster
06-15-2005, 03:34 PM
you can but you must disconnect the QD with a little musical and a large POP
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I haven't been getting any email notices about this thread... :confused: and I just ventured into it again and saw there were posts...

AGDlover, I believe I have taken those quick disconnects off while there was pressure in the line, but it's that pop that I'm afraid of. I did it once and never did again. There is a little black oring in the Q/D's and I'm worried that that POP would bust the oring. Much like tank orings.

Does anyone know if that huge blast of air does any damage to the black oring? If it's safe to do that every time, I'm ditching my slide check... the thing is huge. The thing is, I don't want the oring to go bad because I'd find out it has become bad at the field. And then I'd be screwed for the rest of the day.

Asym
06-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Its not bad for the oring, but the blast of air has a chance of blowing it out of the QD to be lost. If you want to do that, just go to your local harware store and pick up extra orings in the plumbing section. They're pretty cheap and always nice to have spares.

AGDlover
06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I haven't been getting any email notices about this thread... :confused: and I just ventured into it again and saw there were posts...

AGDlover, I believe I have taken those quick disconnects off while there was pressure in the line, but it's that pop that I'm afraid of. I did it once and never did again. There is a little black oring in the Q/D's and I'm worried that that POP would bust the oring. Much like tank orings.

Does anyone know if that huge blast of air does any damage to the black oring? If it's safe to do that every time, I'm ditching my slide check... the thing is huge. The thing is, I don't want the oring to go bad because I'd find out it has become bad at the field. And then I'd be screwed for the rest of the day.

then I say get SS line with a Slide check and QD and to make it look purdy some nice heat shrink. And dont worry the pop wont hurt I useto have it before I had a Slide check

Boydster
06-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I have s/s line and a slide check and several Q/D things. It's just that slide check is HUGE. It totally ruins the look of my mag.

I may just get some spares of those black orings and go with that route.

bojangles1983
06-16-2005, 02:10 PM
i JUST REplaced my macroline with SS and a QD, hope that will fix the prob, thanx guys!