PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

silverstreakfla
06-10-2005, 10:29 AM
To start I have an X valve with Level 10, ULE w/ warp feed, and a 850 out put pressure tank.
I was a bit disappointed because I just sent it to Tuna to get fixed but it still shoots the same, so I am going to take the time to learn how to tune this gun.
It does not leak down the barrel at all and shoots very sweet when it all works.
My problem arises when I try to shoot very fast, it seems like it is sticking and it makes the coughing sound I have heard about. And some times the trigger sticks and I have to hit the back of the valve and then the trigger comes back and I can shoot. I have an old trigger assembly and was thinking that a logic or comparable trigger frame would work better but I am unsure if that is really the problem.
Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

frop
06-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Turn up velocity(if you're not shooting where you want to), double check that your tank's input really is 850(screw-in I'm assuming)., and make sure the frame-rail screw & FS screw are tightened equally.

If this doesn't help, it's out of my league.

EDIT: Or memory. :tard:

athomas
06-10-2005, 03:49 PM
If hitting the valve causes a reset, then that is usually an indication of bolt stick. Have you tried a larger carrier in the powertube?

AGDlover
06-10-2005, 04:04 PM
if its a mech i recomend Lukes trigger stops and Sear mod because what the chuffing and sticking is short strokeing this happens when you dont pull the trigger back all the way because the trigger is so light.

silverstreakfla
06-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Thank you for the advise, I am going to buy a logic Ripper V-M Vert so that I can adjust the stop points. I am also going to put in one of those mod sears to help with the caughing. I am hoping these two additions help my problem.

chairman_mao
06-14-2005, 01:27 PM
If you sent it to Tuna there should be NO need to retune it. You may not be shooting it correctly, i.e. short stroking. Also make sure that you are oiling it regularly.