PDA

View Full Version : My nostalgic laugh of the day

MadPSIence
06-10-2005, 10:28 PM
So I was browsing through my old favroites.. and in there was the A-5 Owners Group. Well I popped in and looked around.

One of the first posts I see is a guy wanting to compare an A-5 to a WGP Trilogy Pro. (lol.. but that's not the funny part)

The general answer to the comparison.. that seemed like it was acceptable was..

"the trilogy is more accurate because it is closed bolt"

roffle. :argh:

Automaggot68
06-10-2005, 10:29 PM
So I was browsing through my old favroites.. and in there was the A-5 Owners Group. Well I popped in and looked around.

One of the first posts I see is a guy wanting to compare an A-5 to a WGP Trilogy Pro. (lol.. but that's not the funny part)

I rawfle at you every other post.

master_alexander
06-10-2005, 11:11 PM
there isint a point to this thread is there?

ScatterPlot
06-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Heh, apparently someone wasn't around during the Mag vs. Cocker Wars...

Head knight of Ni
06-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Pick up a magazine. WGP's touting this tripe.

frop
06-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Pick up a magazine. WGP's touting this tripe.

They always have(at least what I remember).

CrimsonTurkey
06-11-2005, 01:55 PM
It's a cycle that won't stop.

1. WGP says cockers are accurate because they are closed bolt.
2. Community says WGP believes in elves and/or loads of bull.
3. WGP waits one or two years.
4. Go to step 1.

They tend to back off of the idea until the players stop yelling at them, then they start it right up again.

-=Squid=-
06-11-2005, 01:55 PM
I rawfle at you every other post.
qft

Jaan
06-11-2005, 04:12 PM

There is an argument for that. Theoretically a paintball fired from a closed bolt position might be more accurate, but a lot of what people perceive as "accuracy" is simply the ability of the *shooter* to be able to put the second (and third and forth and 247th) ball where the first one went. A big part of that equation is recoil which the Autococker has little of.

slade
06-11-2005, 08:29 PM

paging sanity to A5OG...

damn, and i have a friend there :(

heh, actually just yesterday i went to sports authority with my friend cause he wanted some 12 grams... after the trilogy came out and WGP was bought out by K2, i bet him that there would be cockers there... and i was right. they didnt have any 12 grams but we spent about half an hour just laughing at the cockers and other paintball stuff they had, especially how it said things like "autococker range and accuracy" on them.

but actually, it is arguable that autocockers may be more accurate than something like a blowback. when a cocker is ready to fire, the bolt is closed and the hammer is back, when the trigger is pulled the hammer is released and the marker fires the ball. then the bolt and hammer go back when it is cocked, and the bolt goes forward. when a spyder fires, the bolt and hammer are back, then they go forward together, the marker fires and the blowback pushes them back. so when you fire one ball with an autococker about half the mass is moving as it will be with a spyder (only the hammer, not the bolt), making it kick less. even when shooting a string the movement in an autococker isnt all at once as it is with a spyder, so it may have less kick and thus be slightly more accurate. however im sure this really isnt too noticeable especially with the inaccuracy of paint. and with markers that do not have a design similar to a spyder (mag, matrix, freestyle, etc) there will be a different ammount of moving mass.

MadPSIence
06-11-2005, 10:22 PM
sorry but the only closed bolt marker ever made that i pay mind to is the excalibur.

Jonno06
06-12-2005, 09:49 AM
wait....so autocockers arent the most accurate gun in the world because they're closed bolt?!?!?! :confused:

(im obviously joking)

teufelhunden
06-12-2005, 11:01 AM
sorry but the only closed bolt marker ever made that i pay mind to is the excalibur.

Only due to ignorance.