PDA

View Full Version : just bought a matrix..

magic55
11-28-2001, 02:31 PM
hey i just bought a matrix with the trinity mod online so it should be here probably friday they said. could anyone who has used this gun give me some advise on upkeep and stuff like that. also how does it preform rite out of the box. i know the basics but just to hear it from the fine people of ao would be great thanks

Jon

TheGreatPru
11-28-2001, 03:06 PM
the night before you play, take out the bolt, and greese it up, you should have no problems. make sure the o-ring on the tip of the bolt is in good shape also. about once a month, i take out all the internals, and greese everything, (regs included) and check all the o-rings

out of the box, bolt on your HPA tank (or good anti-siphon or remote CO2) set your dip switchs to reflect your max ROF, and your set. (i recommend UUDD on the switches w/ the stock chip that should be 11.1 bps w/ the longest back time available)

for the trinity, unscrew the knob a good ways, gass it up, the slowly tighten down the knob while trying to fire. once it fires, give it another 1/4 or 1/2 turn, and your set. (note : if you make a large adj to your velocity, you may need to re-tune the trinity a little to get the perfect pressure)

Automager
11-28-2001, 03:13 PM
Hey i really want to get a matrix, but i know like 9 people with them(my whole team but me). So i know about upkeep, and how they work. Ok first you got the trinity mod (GOOD) less ball breakage and better consistancy. But im going to tell you this if you have ever played with a shocker you know that you have to fill your tank like every other game, well its the same with the matrix. There isnt much with upkeep just OIL a lot, clean internals and parts. You will probably want to get a new Delrin sleeve for the gun, replacement orings--orings are allways breaking--, shocktech is now selling kits for the matrix for like $80 with has new delrin sleve, and all oring internals. Basically thats it just keep it clean and oil it. Paintballgear.com sells the shocktech kits.

--------------------------
RT mag
power feed
silver eclipse kit
warped drop
aci 68 3000 tank
DYE stainless 10 in.
intellifeed z-grip(soon)

TheGreatPru
11-28-2001, 04:17 PM
well, the kit will do nothing for him. it's a total of like 4 o-rings, the POS delrin sleave, and the FGP. since he already has the trinity, the FGP would be an just extra $70 part lying around. the delrin sleave MAYBE adds another 100 rounds to your shot count, and raises your PSI a little, so it's esentially worthless . . .

your best bet is to jump on www.thematrixcenter.com if you need anything. they sell much better 0-ring kits for some stupid cheap price.

also, oil is not recomended, as it will chew up your o-rings over time. shocker greese is a great choice for the matrix, or i'm using a 100% synthetic right now that is made for MT bike shocks. using that, i have not had to change an o-ring in over 4 months.

if you really want the delrin sleave, matrixcenter also has them, and cheaper too, since it's not delrin (material means nothing here, it's JUST a spacer . . . you could make it out of PVC pipe and get the same effect)

Lentz
11-28-2001, 08:01 PM
"the delrin sleave MAYBE adds another 100 rounds to your shot count, and raises your PSI a little, so it's esentially worthless"QUOTE

dude 100 shots is a lot when your talking a little plastic sleave.
also check out the advark mods the bolt kit increased efficentcy by 33 %

FeelTheRT
11-28-2001, 09:45 PM
I wanna see some pix :). I'm waiting for the Minimatrix to come out.

PaInTbALL zAcH
11-28-2001, 09:46 PM
minimatrix? is that real?

FeelTheRT
11-28-2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by PaInTbALL zAcH
minimatrix? is that real?

yes, i can't remember who's making it. I think Aardvark is doing it. N E ways, breach won't be as long so you have a more compact gun. I think they r trimming the gun down abit too. It might be jsut the breach but i hear it's great once it comes out.