PDA

View Full Version : How does a team get sponsors?

Aslan
06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
I watched a few sponsored teams two weekends ago and I've seen alot of people here talk about how they are on sponsored teams. How does that work? Does a field start a team and have tryouts? Are these teams sponsored by gun makers/equipment makers? How do they determine which team to sponsor? Probably a total newb question...just wondering. :ninja:

Aslan
06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
This may already be the case...let me know if it is...but I was thinking that it would be cool if every company that made a marker had it's own pro team supported by the marker company. And everyone on their team had to use their brand of marker. I would just be cool to see where the different marker makers would finish...they could sort of use it as bragging rights for selling their markers. :headbang: :headbang: :shooting:

Muzikman
06-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Play good, or have connections. Those are the only ways to get a sponsorship. Also, most sponsorships give much in return.

For instance. A team might be sponsored by DYE, but they never actually get anything for free. They might just get soft goods for a discounted price (usually wholesale). Or a field might sponsor a team. The team gets free field fees and paint at cost.

So really, they are not getting a whole lot.

onedude36
06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
This may already be the case...let me know if it is...but I was thinking that it would be cool if every company that made a marker had it's own pro team supported by the marker company. And everyone on their team had to use their brand of marker. I would just be cool to see where the different marker makers would finish...they could sort of use it as bragging rights for selling their markers. :headbang: :headbang: :shooting:

You ever notice Dynasty uses shockers and sp guns? Notice that sp symbol on their jerseys? Yea they do that already. Many high end pro teams all use the same gun(within their team).

To get sponsored you win tournaments get noticed, get respect and ask a buisness that could use advertising. Sponsored teams are just advertisements. Be a good advertisement investment and you may get sponsored.

Jonno06
06-12-2005, 09:59 PM
the ONLY way you will get sponsored is if you make the company money. no company is going to give a team money for them to come in 4th place at some local tourny either.(atleast no BIG company)

most of all, you have to be professional, and prove that them sponsoring you, is making them money.

and yes, there are teams sponsored by companies, and they DO use those teams as bragging rights. (example:jacksonville used to be sponsored by agd, and they used all emags. they then went to wgp, and they now use all cockers. sp milks the dynasty name for all its worth*dynasty shockers*, and almost EVERY pro team is sponsored by a gun company*avalance=nme/system x,dynasty=sp,xsv=intimidator,ect,ect)

Bolter
06-13-2005, 08:03 AM
XSV = EGO

Any team that approaches a company proffesionally and explains who they are, what they have done, and what they want to do, detailing what they can do for the company, will be able to receive at least something from that company. At the very least the team would get wholesale prices on goods.

shartley
06-13-2005, 08:08 AM
There are a few great threads on AO about Sponsorships. I don’t have the time to do a search, but I know they are there for someone who does do one. Some of the threads have very in-depth posts about it, made by myself and others who either ARE sponsored or DO sponsor players and/or teams.