PDA

View Full Version : Field promotion ideas plz

CKY_Alliance
06-14-2005, 08:58 PM
so a new field opened up last week they have been a store for like 2 21/2 years now and recently they decided to take the next step and open a field....i herd about and decided to volunteer 2-3 months later its finished and has been open for a week or so now the first monday it was open there was 20 or so poeple since then there has been no more then 5-8 and all of these are people helping out or family/friends.So we are trying to promote the field in some way and AO's input is wanted so input away...

Ideas so far is have a grand opening and have a cook out and half off field fee and a gun raffle(maybe on the raffle) and we were going to try and get 2 radio stations to play each other that way they would toss it in the hype machine for a few weeks since they would be participating.And also we are gonna make soem flyers and spread the word...im tired of hanging out up there and no one coming....since i sit around all day and wait for people to coem and play so i can ref.So yea any suggestions? :cheers:

Lohman446
06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
so a new field opened up last week they have been a store for like 2 21/2 years now and recently they decided to take the next step and open a field....i herd about and decided to volunteer 2-3 months later its finished and has been open for a week or so now the first monday it was open there was 20 or so poeple since then there has been no more then 5-8 and all of these are people helping out or family/friends.So we are trying to promote the field in some way and AO's input is wanted so input away...

Ideas so far is have a grand opening and have a cook out and half off field fee and a gun raffle(maybe on the raffle) and we were going to try and get 2 radio stations to play each other that way they would toss it in the hype machine for a few weeks since they would be participating.And also we are gonna make soem flyers and spread the word...im tired of hanging out up there and no one coming....since i sit around all day and wait for people to coem and play so i can ref.So yea any suggestions? :cheers:

Pay the money, invite a radio station with your target demograprhic out for a remote broadcast ( you will pay advertising fees to do this). Couple this with free hot dogs and cheap / near cost rentals and paint, and see if you drum up new interest from people who play already, or new players.

Vex
06-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Get in touch with any local new car dealer and ask them how they go about advertising for sales (beside sending out flyers) I know that dealers are usually in high traffic areas, but still, they pull out all the stops when it comes time to sell. Try to find a company that has many dealerships--they usually market like crazy.

Jaan
06-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Have special discount price days. A couple of my local fields do that all the time. They did a $10 day for AONE, tie dye shirt day, hawaiian shirt day, black ops day, permanent discounts for law enforcement and military and in a couple of weeks there's going to be a free play day for anyone over 30 ... including rental. I'll probably be going to that one with a couple of (old) newbies.

How about letting newbies play and rent for free first time out. You could check thier licenses and keep them in a database for future mailings.

Oh yeah, two of my local fiends also have a program with a local paintball store where any gun purchase will include a free field pass. That promo works pretty good.

CKY_Alliance
06-14-2005, 09:43 PM
well the radio sation thing my step dad knows a radio dj..he pretty much runs the place so yea..if i was in control of the budget i would pay them to come out but i think he doesnt want to pay anything or not much at least.

spectre184
06-14-2005, 10:49 PM
If I read you righ the field is open everyday?

If so you may want to do open play every Sunday afternoon (so people can play after church) and Saturday closed games. Everyone doesn't have $$ to play all the time. I've also played at field that have open games two Sundays a month and closed games rest. Both fields had excellent turnout.

Jaan
06-14-2005, 11:39 PM
If I read you righ the field is open everyday?

If so you may want to do open play every Sunday afternoon (so people can play after church) and Saturday closed games. Everyone doesn't have $$ to play all the time. I've also played at field that have open games two Sundays a month and closed games rest. Both fields had excellent turnout.
For the summer though, at least one day during the week might be good. There are a lot of bored kids out there and weekends can be filled up with parental unit stuff.

jetgirl
06-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Running a field isn't easy. Like any business, get the word out to as many as possible. Make the experience as fun, fair, and safe as possible, as always. Post a website, whatever you guys think will reach the most people on a regular basis. Good luck in your edeavors!