PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve + Level 7 Foamiless?

Vex
06-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Does anyone use this setup versus the Lvl 10? I get a LOT of chuffing with my L10. I'm thinking about switching to my L7 bolt to see if that cures the chuff.
Any feedback?

zackzel
06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm running a level 7 in my X-mag, its the foami bolt, but I don't think that makes much difference, it won't make any chuffing sounds, however it also won't bounce off a ball if your gun doesn't have eyes or you don't have a super fast loader, it will chop the ball right in half. But yeah it works good, I like it better then the level 10, no tinkering whatsover. And you can keep your velocity alot lower.

spectre184
06-14-2005, 10:40 PM
i used familess in 68automag and it can be picky on paint. Last time I couldn't get lvl 10 working and borrowed foamy bolt and didnt break one ball. Plus paint was over 1 year old.

If you can try both bolts and see which you like better. You could probably find foamy bolt in BST forum pretty cheap.

Vex
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I never chunked paint with my Minimag valve and Level 7 foamiless...so I'm not terribly concerned with chopping.
Anyway, I think I'll give the old bolt a try.

player4
06-15-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm running a level 7 in my X-mag......And you can keep your velocity alot lower.

I was able to shoot my lv10 at 230 fps no problem...........

TheTramp
06-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Does anyone use this setup versus the Lvl 10? I get a LOT of chuffing with my L10. I'm thinking about switching to my L7 bolt to see if that cures the chuff.
Any feedback?

The "chuffing" is the bolt stopping on a ball. If you switch to a L7 bolt all those chuffs could turn into chops.

Vex
06-15-2005, 10:59 PM
The "chuffing" is the bolt stopping on a ball. If you switch to a L7 bolt all those chuffs could turn into chops.
Nope. It's chuffing without running any paint through the marker. I wonder if I'm not just massively short-stroking with my L10 and ULT... If I shoot slow and steady, then I don't have any problems; however, when I start to rapid fire, then I get massive chuffs, shootdown and almost 0 recharge.
I've spent about an hour on the phone with AGD tech support on this and he was just as confused as I am. :confused:

player4
06-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Maybe because the lv10 o-ring isn't broken in yet........I have no idea.

TheTramp
06-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Nope. It's chuffing without running any paint through the marker. I wonder if I'm not just massively short-stroking with my L10 and ULT... If I shoot slow and steady, then I don't have any problems; however, when I start to rapid fire, then I get massive chuffs, shootdown and almost 0 recharge.
I've spent about an hour on the phone with AGD tech support on this and he was just as confused as I am. :confused:

That's really strange. It does sound like you are short stroking but I thought that was hard to do with the ULT.

Automaggot68
06-16-2005, 02:00 PM
When I bought my Halo B and Reloader B ditched my Lvl X kit. Infact when I traded off my
Last Xvalve (not including the one in my dallara) I even gave the guy most of my Lvl X stuff. Two extra bolts, springs, shims, etc etc.

Lvl X was always really iffy with me.
When i frist recived a kit int he mail with a mag i had bought, We brought it into a buddy's backyard, and fired off a hopper or to. NO chops, and it chuffe quite a few rounds. I was impressed. The Dumbarse I am I put a squeegee in the breech, fired, and botched it up good.

I really dont have a problem with chops with my 20pbs Hyperframe.

Vex
06-16-2005, 05:45 PM
That's really strange. It does sound like you are short stroking but I thought that was hard to do with the ULT.
I thought the same thing. I really would like to get my L10 to work, whether I need it or not (I don't like having non-working parts)
I guess I'll have to look at the CD-Rom...if I can find the damned thing... :mad: